Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Wanting advice from members, both new and quite experienced >

Wanting advice from members, both new and quite experienced

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Wanting advice from members, both new and quite experienced

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wanting advice from members, both new and quite experienced

So here is the situation. As a final engineering project me and a group of students are tasked with building a model aircraft that runs with a single kingtech K45G. The goal of this plane will be a trainer that will be a good starter for pilots getting their turbine waiver. Thus, it should be very forgiving yet maneuverable and fun for once you get the hang of things. I'll probably ask general questions in here, if you all would be kind enough to give me your input and your level of experience would help since a new pilot will differ from a veteran flyer. I am also not asking for anyone to make decisions for me either, just your opinions on the matter but you are free to highly recommend something, ill appreciate it but don't feel inclined to do my work for me of course.

Right now im in charge of the wings and control surfaces, i am in the very basic design phase and am looking at different configurations. Right now I am looking at the pros and cons that come with bi-plane wings, mid wing, low wing, high wing, also if there is any other configuration you have seen in competitions and such then I am still open to suggestions. Even if the suggestions are outrageous, part of designing is investigating everything!

thank you all in advance for your help
Old 12-16-2015, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (5)

This is a poor place for such a question.
I would do an internet search for something like RC jet trainer.
Most good engineers will search out similar products and take advantage of others work. It saves time and frustration.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:46 PM

Yes, use the Nikolai Ivanovich Loboshevski (famous mathematician) approach. " Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize, don't let another's work evade your eyes."
Old 12-17-2015, 01:54 PM

Well i was hoping to get some likes and dislikes from people who fly such planes. Like the configuration is mostly preference, I can do the calculations and such and make a high wing fly as well as a mid wing and such. The thing is I am interested in what makes a plane good to those who fly them, like judges like bi-planes because they look pretty in maneuvers but it will give us more drag and it takes longer to put it all together. So, know of any forums where there are people who fly RC aircrafts that i can move this to?
Old 12-17-2015, 03:10 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a link to what I think is an ideal jet trainer:

http://www.btemodels.com/r54.html
Old 12-17-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Here's a link to what I think is an ideal jet trainer:

http://www.btemodels.com/r54.html
Do you like the look, the handling, something else? That is what I am interested in I suppose. If you were going to buy the plane my group is designing, what features would you look for, what would make you want it?

We are having a competition/flight show and the theme is "sell your plane" so even though its not a requirement to ask pilot opinion, I would like our aircraft to be something professional RC pilots would want to fly. Added benefit is if its something that you all (and the judges that we have to impress) would enjoy flying it will probably beat our competition.