Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
 New leadership at Hobby Lobby International >

New leadership at Hobby Lobby International

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New leadership at Hobby Lobby International

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New leadership at Hobby Lobby International

Mark Cleveland, new owner of Hobby Lobby International in Brentwood, Tennessee, has added several key people to his leadership team over the past several months. David Carley, new Chief Operating Officer, was formerly the VP of Product Development at Horizon Hobby. Larry Powell, Vice President of Retail Sales and Operations, has more than 20 years prior experience in sales and marketing in the cellular phone industry and is a lifelong radio control modeler. Finally, Debra Love recently joined the executive team as the Vice President of Marketing and Technology, responsible for Marketing, IT, and dealer sales. She is one of the original-founding members of Horizon Hobby, retiring from that company in 2006. They join longtime Hobby Lobby CFO, Mary Beth Army, and form the core executive team for the new, reinvigorated Hobby Lobby International. Cleveland notes, “I’m excited at the tremendous potential and the talent in this team and look forward to the positive impact that I know we’ll have on the industry.” Cleveland, an entrepreneur and owner of several other successful businesses, purchased Hobby Lobby International in March 2009.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79316.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1285484  
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New leadership at Hobby Lobby International

I hope you all cater more to glow fuel users....
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have noticed several "improvements" to Hobby Lobby over the past few months. Examples include the re-introduction of Graupner kits and parts "in stock", more boats and parts in stock, and a softening of the hard edged "electric only" attitude that has been the domain of HL for several years now. I agree that glow engine and even gasoline engine powered airplanes should be included in HL's lineup. I have already seen the new 1/6 PA-12 where it is listed as glow/electric and I almost fell out of my chair!

Keep up the new and fresh ideas. Hobby Lobby is looking great!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you seen the new Gruapner line of Nitro R/C models?

SPEED CAT R/C Pylon Racer, FOCKE WULF 190 D, the Caravelle 1960's Vintage RC Plane.

I bought one of the Kwik Fli ARF's and it's a real nice model.

I hope they start to stock some EURO kits.