Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
 My dog ate it >

My dog ate it

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

My dog ate it

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dog ate it

I have an IFO Mk 3 and though it's been crashed a time or two I haven't broke anything on it and the covering was still tight as a drum. I have a dog names Vito. He's an Italian Greyhound( kind of a miniature version of the racing dog). He's a great dog but doesn't like to be left alone. He expresses his displeasure by whizzing on the bedpost or the dining room table legs etc.He gets caged now and I guess he gets a little bored. Anything within reach he will pull into his cage all sneaky like and then eat. Well my IFO was in reach and you guessed it. He chewed the heck out of it. He destroyed the tail and one entire elevon. He also tore the covering over the main wing pretty good. The control rods were also bent and the control horns were bent pretty badly as well. I would loved to have beat him for it but I'm not really like that. He is mostly a good little dog. As a side note I put a bone in his cage after that which he ignored but he did manage to drag my IFO plans into his cage about three days after he ate the plane and turned the entire plan into a big pile of paper shreds.He has very long legs and it is easy to underestimate his reach. He also ate an entire mop head and bent the aluminum handle in about three places. It was when he was at a friends while I was on vacation and I had to buy him a new mop. The little butthead will also lay his head on my shoulder when I'm asleep and then start snoring loudly.He's nice and warm in the wintertime though!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:28 PM

Default RE: My dog ate it

Man's best friend!
Keep most of my stuff (anything of value) where a little child can't get at it. That way my nephew and also the dog can't get at it. Kinda sucks to not have nice things out.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Time to get a giant scale model and let him take a ride![X(] Just kidding. I saw an Italian Greyhound that is a therapy dog. Very nice dog. After 12 years with a Lab, I think an Italian Greyhound might be a nice change of pace. My lab once walked by one of my planes, with his tail going a mile a minute, and just missed whacking the vertical stab. That's as close as I want to come to a canine/rc disaster. (If you own a lab, you know what I'm talking about. Their tails are swinging sledge hammers.)
Old 09-26-2005, 02:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Hello,

Make a meal out of him, I sez... DP
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

Hello,

Make a meal out of him, I sez... DP
WHHAAAHHHAAHAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAAH!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel

Time to get a giant scale model and let him take a ride![X(] Just kidding.
...with a scale ejection seat??
Old 09-26-2005, 10:12 PM
My Feedback: (75)

I feel for ya RD. My Chocolate Lab "Rico", is 12 weeks old and he gets into everything, I wear a new cut every day from his play bitting[:@], but he's still a baby, one thing for sure, he won't be in my hobby room until he quits chewing up stuff, here he is at 8 weeks,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57894.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	329789  
Old 09-27-2005, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel

Time to get a giant scale model and let him take a ride![X(] Just kidding.
Bruno, have you seen this vid:
http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

KiwiKid
Old 09-27-2005, 10:35 AM

Hey,

Man that's COOL !!! DP
Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 AM

KiwiKId, I sure have. Poor pooch looks scared! If that were my Sammy, the pilot would have Science Diet on his shirt.[:'(]

Hey Joe, you mean they stop chewing things? Actually after they teeth, and a little training, they do ease up on the chewing a little.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:40 AM

Hello,

I know of a trick that will prevent your dog from going near the plane. Tie your dog so he can not go near the prop. Then start your plane and rev a few times near him. Trust me, he won't go near it any more. It works for me !!!

Name:	Pn35752.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	330090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83483.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	330091  
Old 09-27-2005, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

Hello,

I know of a trick that will prevent your dog from going near the plane. Tie your dog so he can not go near the prop. Then start your plane and rev a few times near him. Trust me, he won't go near it any more. It works for me !!!

That's dangerous[X(], never direct a running engine towards a crowd or your best furry friend.

Joe
Old 09-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Hello,

That is why you tie him so he can't run into the prop and point the plane away from him too. You just want him to associate the loud sound with the plane only. DP
Old 09-27-2005, 01:48 PM

Sounds like a plan

Joe
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM

Any body figure out how to download that video? all I get is a pict of the shortcut.

Miloh.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Try clicking on "Launch in external player" under the controls. That's how I got it to play.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you been following him around with a pooper-scooper so you can get your engine back?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:36 PM
My Feedback: (15)

easy to break him from chewing your planes and anything else for that matter ,my dog used to eat the cats food all the time until i tied the cats bowl to his head for a day he wont go near that bowl anymore.....use a piece of whatever he chewed and let it hang down where he cant get to it and if he does put it back on as soon as he takes it off.he is just bored is why he does that for.my daughters dog chewed up a couple pairs of her shoes and would pee on her couch,until she had him snipped that solved that problem..........
Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 AM

I got it to play ok but when I try to download it to my HD I can't get anything but the shortcut.

Miloh.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:37 AM

Here is a pic of my Rottweiler "Brutus". He is 1 1/2 years old now (1 year old in the pic). Weighs about 105 pounds. He is AKC registered. Brutus loves planes. However, he will not tear them up. I started training him at only 6 weeks old not to rip apart planes. He is my co-pilot when I fly my electrics on the farm (I also fly glow too). He will let ya know where the plane lands but will not touch it.
Rotts are very strong dogs with powerful jaws. However, if you train them right and socialize them when they are young, they act just like any other dog. Its unfortunate the news media gives them a bad rap and some owners just leave them tied up in the yard all day. I have 50 acres and he runs free but will not go beyond the house or horse barn.

Dave...

Name:	Pn36237.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	331451  
Old 09-30-2005, 12:10 PM

If you make it past the puppy stage with a Lab you'll have a great dog. The first 2 years of Sheba's life she eat everthing in sight, beer cans, solar garden lights (with batteries), books , all the oranaments of the Christmas tree, carpet, window ledges. What amazes me is she craped out pieces of all this stuff. They really are great dogs. Good luck Mike
Old 09-30-2005, 01:46 PM
My Feedback: (9)

My dog is a little thief. I've lost count of the number of times he's been in the shop with me, only to find something fascinating and take off running towards the stairs with it. It makes me laugh every time to see him dart across the shop, then listen to whatever he stole bounce back down the stairs after I yell at him to drop it.

Name:	Tr51839.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	331598  
Old 09-30-2005, 10:00 PM

I take my Lab to the field occasionally, usually only when I'm a spectator. Once a club mate threw him a small piece of chicken. Now you need to know everyone is my Lab's long lost friend, he loves everyone. You'd think this club mate would be his friend for life after giving him the chicken. But the guy said, "No more, you're a fat puppy." (He's not.) My dog commenced a barking tirade at this guy. He didn't try to attack him or anything, he just gave him what for, barking at him.

Rcmiket, what's funny is the things that don't quite come out. I'll never forget my Lab running around the yard trying to eliminate, what turned out to be a roughly six inch piece of maple twig. He'd push and it would come out an inch or two. Then when he relaxed, it went back up! I finally had to go chase him down and grab the stick with a paper towel and pull it out myself.[:'(] And did he learn? Noooooo. A few months later I saw him running away from a long piece of Christmas tree tinsel hanging from you know where![sm=tired.gif] It amazes me that he never suffered an impaction.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:29 PM

To this day I have no idea how Sheba made it to this day with all the crap she munched out on. She still has a love affair with the trash can butt all in all she's abit more picky about the stuff she eats. Mike
Old 10-04-2005, 02:53 PM

Joe, my Chocolate Lab is now about nine months old and unfortunately she hasn't stopped chewing things up yet!!!! [X(] Although I enjoy her playfulness especially when she picks up something out of my garden (cucumber, eggplant, cantaloupe, etc) and starts carrying it around like "Dude, look what I got!"

I have tried to figure out a way to combine her need for exercise (tired of throwing a ball all the time) and my need to fly RC. Well, I figured it out. I fly my Great Planes Zinger in nice slow patterns and she chased the heck out of it. I'll try to get my wife to get a shot of this. At the end, I'm satisified, the dog is excercised and tired out and my wife is pleased I stayed out of the house for a while!

Dan[8D]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.