Community
Search
Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Which video editing tool software you use ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which video editing tool software you use ?

Hello,

I am looking for a good free/not free video editing tool software. I have some huge vids to upload .
Which one would you advocate ?

thx
Old 01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which video editing tool software you use ?

WIN AVI converter seems to be a pretty good one
Old 01-11-2005, 01:07 PM

There is a lot of Video editing and conversion stuff around.
I have used Vegas in the past. Ulead has some good stuff as well.

This week I tried Windows Moviemaker.
Basic but more easy to learn and it does the job as well.
It has some possibilities.

Check this test I did:
[link=http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=HuubSky68]Sky Surfer Try-out[/link]
Old 01-11-2005, 02:48 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Huub

Check this test I did:
[link=http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=HuubSky68]Sky Surfer Try-out[/link]

Love the site!! Your flight was rather mundane compared to the othe vids. Any vid from the camera gummibanded on the surfer??
Old 01-11-2005, 03:27 PM

LoL A10,

Txs m8, however all was not mine!
The main part of the video is a demo from Hobby Zone who sell the sky surfer in the USA.

Just like I stated above a test to edit, add sound etc. in windows moviemaker.
Testing compression, upload and stuff. I never intended to go public with this.
Just a glance for Strykaas about the possibilities of windows moviemaker (free program).

I do plan however to fly and film with a Mustek DV 5000.
Just waiting for the weather to calm down here in Holland.

Friday is looking promising....

I'll be back
Old 01-11-2005, 07:52 PM

I use Pinnacle Systems Studio 9. Definitely not free but well worth the $100 price tag. Of course I have purchased add-ons so I am probably closer to $200 spent on it now.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:47 PM

Huub, good job on the vid. Are you planning on some arial shots later?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

I use Pinnacle Systems Studio 9. Definitely not free but well worth the $100 price tag. Of course I have purchased add-ons so I am probably closer to $200 spent on it now.
Dan,
I may ahve asked you this before but here goes. Just how long does it take for you to "render" the video? I can upload in real time but when burning to DVD it takes me about 8 hours to do 30 min of vid. Not in high quality either! I'm using Studio 8. AMD 1800, 512 ram.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

I'm using Pinnacle Studio Plus. Really like it. Haven't tried a dvd burn but I have heard from other versions it could take awhile. 8 hours for 30 minutes seems off though.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:32 PM

Thanks Marc,
What about those $400 stand alone tape to DVD units. I'd heard they do it in real time. As the tape plays, it burns at the same rate. This doing it on a 'puter sucks!! I can convert to AVI, (or what ever it's called), to send to another 'puter in a few minutes but when it starts the "rendering" process to burn a DVD,....time to go flying till it's done[]
Old 02-03-2005, 07:11 PM

I just wanted to let you know....there are a few different options out there for video editing that i use and they dont take all that long to render either.

One is Video Explosion (you can find it online or through Office Max in US).

Another is Adobe Premier. this program takes quite a while to render but the options that come with the program seem to be the best on the market. Most others, you need to purchase Add-ons. You can download from Adobe's website the trial verson (try out) and then find a crack to change it to the full version......not that i would do that...... :-) but it works.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 PM

I just ordered Canopus Edius 2.5. It is supposed to be every bit as powerful as Adobe Premiere, but a little easier to use, -we'll see.

I also ordered a Canopus ADVC-300 A/D converter for archiving all my VHS and Hi-8 stuff. For encoding (mpeg1, mpeg2, wmv, etc.) Edius comes packaged with Canopus Pro-Coder Express, so I'll see how that works also.

And, to top off my latest video adventures, I also picked up a Canon mini DV to play with. I'm going to use the DV from here on out to make capturing and editing easier (and hopefully higher quality than going analog to digital through the converter).

I'll post as soon as I have a chance to screw some things up.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:06 PM
J_R

Video is still voodoo. Video authouring (writing the video to media) is not the same as video editing(modifiying the captured video). Some programs are great at one but, not at the other.

I have been fooling around with several different software packages. Rendering can be a real problem. The trick is to capture your video in the format (resolution) that will be used on the media you choose. If the rendering has to be recoded (transcoded) it can take hours to do the conversion.

I have been using Roxio Media Creator 7 lately and it is the Swiss Army knife of these programs. It not only captures and edits video, but has software to edit stills and make a slide show, and back up data. I can now move a one hour video from my digital video cam to a dvd in less than two hours, and that includes some minor editing. It can capture digital video directly to an mpeg-2 file, instead of an avi file and then converting it.

The same process, using the same program, but using the wrong capture resolution can take 8 hours and the final production does not play smoothly.

In other words, capturing for a web stream is not the same for creating a dvd which is playable on a TV and neither are the same as what you can put on a dvd and play on your computer that won't play on a TV.

When you couple Roxio up with a capture card, like a TV card ($50 up), you can convert analog video to ditgital by hooking up a VCR or analog camcorder. Using a sound card, it will convert your LPs and cassette tapes to digital sound. It can also convert CDs to mp3s.

If you want a freebe to try your hand with this stuff, Windows Movie Maker is priced right and will produce stuff for streaming, playback on your computer, or VCDs (not DVDs).
Old 02-03-2005, 11:05 PM

Who there! I also have Roxio but haven't given it a try yet. Don't know why I have it. Must have come with something I purchased. I have an ATI All in wonder 9600 video card that I got for Xmas. I guess I just have to get the time to give them both a try.
Would I be better off just getting a stand alone machine?
Thanks....
Old 02-04-2005, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: tadracket

Huub, good job on the vid. Are you planning on some arial shots later?
Txs for your compliments Tadracket.

Yes I am planning for some airshots al l the time! .
Problem is the Sky Surfer needs almost windstill and SUNSHINE for good shots.
Weather is not very good now here in Holland.

I have tested the lifting capabilities and my new lipo batts and a battsignal lipo watching device.
All went very well. Waiting for some good weather thats all.

I am planning on AP with a Mustek Smart Lcd3 camera.
Video footage with a Mustek DV 5000.
I will keep you posted.
l8rs,

Huub

Testing with the DV 5000 and the battsignal:

Old 02-04-2005, 11:03 AM
J_R

If you have what you need, give it a try. Be forewarned, because of rendering times, the learning curve is LONG. You can always save the project and render it while you sleep. If you are writing to cd or dvd, its a good idea to use a rewriteable (RW) one first, then, if you are happy with it, copy it to a regular one (R).

If you have a lot of existing tapes that you are happy with and need no edits, a standalone may be your answer. I don't have one and can't really say. It's hard to guess without knowing your goals and what you are trying to do. The stuff I am doing is all video I shot, or an occasional TV program (limited to 1 hr).

Remember that you are limited to about 1 hour of video on a dvd, so for dubbing prerecorded tapes that are longer takes more than one disk with most reasonably priced computer software. The new dual layer dvd writers will do more, but the media is so expensive, you can buy most commercial dvd's for less than copying commercial tapes.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:45 PM

Thanks, J_R for your input. Very much appreciated....
Old 02-05-2005, 10:44 PM
My Feedback: (28)

Adobe Premiere Pro is about the most powerful editing software around.

I use that then run through windows media encoder (which is a free download)
Old 02-05-2005, 11:26 PM

I have only burned one DVD that I can recall mainly to see if it would work and it did take some time but I dont remember how much. Nothing like 8 hours tho! Problem is not wanting to burn a DVD with only about 15 minutes of video. With Pinnacle you need to have the video content saved in MPEG mode to be able to build a DVD. Kinda a pain. My older stuff is all either back on digital 8 or wmv mode.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (2)

I am a huge fan of Vegas Video. It is very good but by no means free. Way back in the seventies I was a video tape operator for NBC and it is truly amazing that I can now do in my PC what I used to do on very large and expensive tape machines using 2in. wide video tape! If you are really looking for a full featured program, I would recommend Vegas Video.

Here are some of my videos....

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/AerodromeAttack.wmv]"Aerodrome Attack"[/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/Ball-Dustin_256.wmv]"The Standard Flight of Ball and Dustin" [/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/BarbieBipe_250.wmv]"Barbie Bipe"[/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/E3_03_250.wmv]"The Red Baron Flies Again"[/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/PupFlight1_256.wmv]"The Pup's Maiden Flight"[/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/RhinebeckPups_256.wmv]"Rhinebeck Pups"[/link]

[link=http://www.wings-of-valor.net/uploads/SnoopyRedBaron_256.wmv]"Snoopy vs. the Red Baron"[/link]
Old 02-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Banned

Very good stuff chevelle! You ever think of doing reviews? You have the video part down pat.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:35 PM

I made this in game movie with Vegas.
All in one week at the evenings, from scratch edit knowlegde:

http://download.filefront.com/126801...f4aa306fffe581
Old 02-06-2005, 06:34 PM

I've been using windows movie maker, it's free and simple to use with little bells and wistles.
Here's what I've come up with so far.

[link=http://www.killerrc.com/videos.html]www.killerrc.com[/link]
Old 02-08-2005, 04:13 AM

I've been using Adobe Premier Pro for almost a year now and it is great. The learning curve is a little steep but when I got the hang of it, I was happy with the results. It is expensive as heck but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:15 PM

I have lots of aerial shots!
[link=http://fubar1.net/movies/wireless/wireless.htm]My Aerial Video Page[/link]
Also some that are not linked to the above page:
[link=http://fubar1.net/movies/wireless/Kadet%20900.wmv]900mhz Kadet Senior Yagi test[/link]
And:
[link=http://fubar1.net/movies/wireless/No%20Escape.wmv]No Escape (Camera was going south due to crash damage)[/link]
Or the most recent aerial video:
[link=http://fubar1.net/movies/wireless/Grass%20Mountain.wmv]Grass Mountain combat[/link]
Camera system was mounted to an EPP Bowman's Hobby Super Scooter combat plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.