Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

91 or 1.00 FIRE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 or 1.00 FIRE?

I have posted on the classic pattern forum re building an MK Silent ST 1.20 patternship.
I was looking at building/flying it like a Ballistic pattern plane.
Was considering the JETT FIRE 91 or the 1.00 FIRE on a pipe
What is the difference between the 2 motors.
Cheers Greg
Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 91 or 1.00 FIRE?

sorry for the delay, and thank you for writing...

The BSE 100 is a rare engine. Only a few have been built. Performance wise, it has a small bit more power than the 90L engine, but when set up with a longer pipe it is happy turning props like a 12x10, 13x8, and other similar props that allow it to turn down in the 11,000-12,000 rpm range. With the pipe shorter, it turns the living daylights out of a 12x6 or 11x9.

The standard 90L engine prefers to run in the 13,000 - 15,000 rpm range. For ballistic, this is the ideal engine. An 11x7, 11x8, 11x9, 12x6 will get any patterns ship hauling the mail. However, keep in mind the Silent is a big plane ...... its not a Tipo, Brushfirst, or XLT ...... so you will want to set it up to fly with the pipe set more for the 12x6 or even just a bit longer for a 13x6. As long as speed and sound are not an issue, the 12x6 is ideal.

The real barn burner of the engines is the 90LX engine. Higher timed. Shorter pipe. 15,000 rpm ...... 11x8 prop. Not for the Silent though. You will want a bit more disk area on that bird, and its not clean enough to really move fast enough to let the engine unload the way it wants to. But put the 90LX in an EU1-A and it will be RIGHT at home

Bob