Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 Got the MCX2, tilts right before takeoff >

Got the MCX2, tilts right before takeoff

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Got the MCX2, tilts right before takeoff

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the MCX2, tilts right before takeoff

Yeah me, i picked up a mcx2 yesterday and was reading the manual while the batteries charged (Local hobby honored the online Horizon Hobby special of 2 free batts). When the batts were ready i went through the controls test and all the inputs showed the correct movement on the heli. Then i took off, hehe. Loved the idea i had it hovering in no time flat, yes i know it is a coax but i'm still happy with the hover, and went through a couple forward and back test. I found that when i went to spin in place i need to work on keeping the same throttle level, a couple time it got close to things so i cut the throttle and let it drop (i saw a video somewhere) and was able to set it upright and take off again.

I noticed that if i was slowly bring up the throttle the heli started to lean right. I push on the left trim adjust and didn't see any difference. does it take a lot of input to make a correction? I wouldn't expect any off balance with a coax, am i wrong???
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Got the MCX2, tilts right before takeoff

Ya when you bring them up slow, they want to tilt. Even full stick opposite direction sometimes isn't enough. Best bet is a quick liftoff at least that is my method.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Excellent, you're off to a good start. That tilt is completely normal. You'll notice it'll have a slight tilt to it's right when hovering too, normal also. Doug
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM

THANKS, is there a way to clear any trim modification i have made and set it back to center???