Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP! >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: goldslinger

ORIGINAL: mikey1964

Hey gary maby you can get jeff gordon's sponsors because he's not doing to well this year
I'm flying about as good as He's driving, apparantly.

LMAO......
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Scott, I use JST on my HBKII and 1320's. No heat issues in the plug. A 1500-1800 would be perfect for balance Not to say that Deans wouldn't do the trick.

Relating to the Deer thing, here's a video I don't widely promote. Watch the end[X(] This was a bad idea, I thought I'd be funny, and THANK God they didn't get hit by a car. Please understand that I will never do anything like this again and hopefully a lessen for others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hio7n5fM92I

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Jay ~

I sure love all your videos.... I swear you are the BEST pilot I have yet to come across on watching.... I think you are reserved in saying so to yourself and others, but you truly fly amazing.... I was to busy yesterday to watch it, but I always go back on the thread to catch up on things I missed.

My favorite to date was last year, and it was this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYT71zuns4&feature=user It shows a lot of the person you really are, and just a great guy with a big heart and love for everything and everybody. Your one in a million in my mind. The song you played is also one of my favorites.....

On the deer thing, that was interesting to be able to film them included in your flight video... It brings me memories of my younger years with my mom, as we used to raise lots of different wildlife as she had her state and federal licenses in doing so. We've raised blacktail deer, fallow deer, bighorn sheep, all types of migratory waterfowl, quail, chukar, pheasants, owls, raccoons (spelled wrong...lol..) the list goes on.... It was a good experience and probally attributed to my love today of nature and wildlife, and my outdoor activities of hunting and fishing, hiking you name it....

I'll never forget a pet raccoon I had for a pet, and when fishing down at the river I would bring her in the jeep and she would just watch me next to the river banks as I fished and fiddled in the water.... When she sensed danger, she would run back to the jeep and dash her way inside to the safety of the vehicle, and then after a minute would poke her head up the window for a peek.... It used to crack me up ! Lots of good times as we all look back on memories eh ?

Looks as though I may be wrapping things up here in Cali, and heading back to Washington State here in a month or two, and looking forward to it as I miss the scenery and besides, the salmon are starting to run in the river systems up north, and I'am looking forward to some fishing bad !

Take care,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89477.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1030264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49075.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1030265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64575.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1030266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72540.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1030267  
Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the kind words Jeff! I do love to fly I also love nature, those are some great photos, the steam coming off of the log is a great shot! That's a pretty neat growing up with all sorts of wildlife and pet Raccoon. My best friend and neighbor growing up had a pet White tail. They got it when the mom was hit by a car so they brought it up, bottle fed and all. Believe it on not, it loved chocolate covered raisins. It eventually ran off with some other deer. Glad to hear your headed back home soon. Get those poles ready and get some pictures and video. How about the hat cam while reeling in one of the puppies[8D]

God Bless Ya Jeff,

Jay
Old 09-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Vapor Alert!

Hi ya all... Got the vapor today, that Jeff MADE me get. I won't have time tonight to make a maiden flight, but it really is cool.
If you blow on it from a foot away it will move, it weighs next to nothing. Also, in the attached picture, I finished rebuilding the HBK2 #1 after my crash. No maiden with it yet either. Got alot of stuff to get done tonight. May catch up tomorrow, who knows.

Jeff,

Thank you so much for your post#7645, page 306 (I do pay attention), for all the up front tips for the Vapor, that will, I'm sure save me some major headaches. This thing is neat, can't wait..

Thanks again Jeff, and to all you Bobs and Bobs 2s"

Dave / Choppersrule
PS As usual, pictures are crummy...

Name:	Nl29912.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1030462  
Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Vapor Alert!

Hi ya all... Got the vapor today, that Jeff MADE me get. I won't have time tonight to make a maiden flight, but it really is cool.
If you blow on it from a foot away it will move, it weighs next to nothing. Also, in the attached picture, I finished rebuilding the HBK2 #1 after my crash. No maiden with it yet either. Got alot of stuff to get done tonight. May catch up tomorrow, who knows.

Jeff,

Thank you so much for your post#7645, page 306 (I do pay attention), for all the up front tips for the Vapor, that will, I'm sure save me some major headaches. This thing is neat, can't wait..

Thanks again Jeff, and to all you Bobs and Bobs 2s"

Dave / Choppersrule
PS As usual, pictures are crummy...

Dave.........LMAO
Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM

Looks like fun Dave[8D] Glad to see the HBKII back on it's skids. I wish those dog gone trees "wood" just "leave" us alone

Blessings,

Jay
Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 PM

Jay ~

Thanks.... Keep up the good flying ! Don't think there's much more for ya to learn though.........

Dave ~

Glad ya caught the post.... Have a blast with it, and today I sent ya the 2 other Tx's for it... Maybe if ya wanted another you can just then purchase a bind and fly in which is cheaper than the RTF's... Or if you find anyone that needs or wants one of those TX's, you can send them one.... Please don't return any monies for the shipping, as you did send me two HBK2 canopies..... I suppose I may have to get one, to be a part of the crowd. [8D]

Gary ~

Money order sent today.......... How bout that Beam ? you order one yet ?!

Jim ~

In regards to Windows Movie Maker..... I still can't get mine to work with my video files which are .mov files, and are a quicktime version, and not sure how to convert but I did download a file sharing program called 'Mini-Nova' and downloaded from it Nero 8, which is a great program for all files including video/ audio/ and everything else, and now can perform edits like Jay does with Windows Movie Maker.... You can take snap-shots from your vids, and audio while still keeping existing audio, and much more..... Been only tinkering with it for a bit, so much learning is still in progress but I believe it may be better than Windows Movie Maker, and offers DTS/ HD/ and so much...! Its great.... Just giving ya a heads up in case your still pursuing a program for that.... All free, so ya can't beat that...

I also download all my music from 'Lime-wire' another file sharing program.... This way I have music to add from my selections, and to also burn to a disk for my car or home audio equipment.... I've been using this program for awhile now, and currently have 6,434 songs.... Yikes...! I'am a music buff, so I love to have selections of all types of music...

Hope everyone's been doing good ! Haven't flown anything since last Sunday as I've been busy.....

~ Jeff
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 PM

I found Windows Movie Maker on my system. It's what I used to make the last video I put up. I still need to learn it. It's easy enough, just need to take the time.

I haven't had the time to do much flying either this week, just too busy. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday. Picked up a second battery (Outrage 2200) from Rusty at CastleRock Hobby. I need to convert my ESC to a Male Deans connector then put a female deans on the stock E-Flite battery. Should have that done tomorrow also. Once I have 2 packs set up, I am going to start working on flying more in idle up mode to get ready to try some loops & rolls.

Dave-that Vapor look smighty nice!

Jim
Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Vic,

Your quote, "LMAO".. LMAO too.. Hey Dude, it's a fun hobby. You can never go backwards on whats fun. Big heli, little heli.
Big plank, little plank. In other words, and you can quote me on this, "Stick it in your EAR". LMAO

This thread is tooooo much fun, Jay mentioned to me, it's like talking to your buddies at the flying field.. He's right..

Carry on DUDES!!!! Let the mind wonder, it's a blast.. How about boats or trains??? Might get a boat next year, HMMMM!

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ===================================
ORIGINAL: crashcrash
Dave.........LMAO
Old 09-10-2008, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Vic,

Your quote, "LMAO".. LMAO too.. Hey Dude, it's a fun hobby. You can never go backwards on whats fun. Big heli, little heli.
Big plank, little plank. In other words, and you can quote me on this, "Stick it in your EAR". LMAO

This thread is tooooo much fun, Jay mentioned to me, it's like talking to your buddies at the flying field.. He's right..

Carry on DUDES!!!! Let the mind wonder, it's a blast.. How about boats or trains??? Might get a boat next year, HMMMM!

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ===================================
Dave.........LMAO
Dave...LMAO....it is CUTE tho. Like the Lama v4....I might end up with a vapor...who knows. You're a great guy, and you'll have great fun with it.

Oh.....I can't "stick it in my ear" right now.....I got an ear infection[X(]....LMAO.....
Old 09-10-2008, 08:45 PM

Dave ~

What are you doing on here ?! You should be out flying the Vapor ! I put an L.E.D. on mine for a few flights, with no performance set-back for a bit, as night flying was kind of fun for a bit... Added 3 grams with an external tiny batt from a calculator.

I gotta tell ya Dave, and I think others may have noticed, but I have seen your sense of humor pick up lately in the last 6 months or so, and its great to see us all get along as we 'poke at each other' in our comments and such.... I think we all know, that no harm is ever intended in what we say, and in our debates, or opinions, or just plain giving the other guy a hard time it makes it a fun place to share our hobby experiences on this thread. I'am fortunate to be able to be a part of it among that.

As for Vic, just tell him to shove it up his ........ Well.... you know what....!... I love flippin' Vic crap, he's quite a unique character himself along with all us other clowns here........

Have a good one Chief,

~ Jeff
Old 09-10-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Dave ~

What are you doing on here ?! You should be out flying the Vapor ! I put an L.E.D. on mine for a few flights, with no performance set-back for a bit, as night flying was kind of fun for a bit... Added 3 grams with an external tiny batt from a calculator.

I gotta tell ya Dave, and I think others may have noticed, but I have seen your sense of humor pick up lately in the last 6 months or so, and its great to see us all get along as we 'poke at each other' in our comments and such.... I think we all know, that no harm is ever intended in what we say, and in our debates, or opinions, or just plain giving the other guy a hard time it makes it a fun place to share our hobby experiences on this thread. I'am fortunate to be able to be a part of it among that.

As for Vic, just tell him to shove it up his ........ Well.... you know what....!... I love flippin' Vic crap, he's quite a unique character himself along with all us other clowns here........

Have a good one Chief,

~ Jeff

Yer a frigg'in card yourself....one of those guys that if we lived close enough...we'd be friends for life. Trouble is....I'd have a heck of a time keeping up with ya
Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM

Vic ~

Lol.... Yeah thanks... Especially all the crap I could learn from ya... I'd really be runnin' around like a kid on crack....

Well, my first crash with the Typhoon 3-D plane..... [8D] Lost signal at the end, somehow.... (Really need to have everything binded to the DX-7) No big deal, and nothing that can't be fixed. I was amazed that the servo's that came with this RTF are digital metal geared jobbers ! Anyhow, me and my dads first flight with two birds in the air at the same time, with no mid-air collisions from two rookies...!

Next time, I'll try putting the video in HD mode through the Nero program I'am using. You can even create it with Blu-Ray technology also... I just don't think You-Tube offers that option yet of course... I was pretty nervous flying for some reason, so It affected a little on my performance that I was wanting to push into the craft, but........ There's always next time..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KNmCcVrrQ

Take care !

~ Jeff
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Hey guys, I have a nice swift2 wing video processing now. and I will post a link as soon as possible. That means tomorrow will be heli vid day. Since I can't fly the thing it will not be produced. Just video. But the thought that I am doing something stupid simple wrong is what will get the video shot.

Tim
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

Jeff i heard you talking about flying with your dad i've flown at my old club field when there where 5 or 6 planes in the air at the same time you want to talk about being scared, i had a buddy that use to say if your scared say your scared, boy i miss him he committed suicide about 8 years ago i wish he would have talked to me,sorry guys don't mean to bring anybody down i just think of him sometimes .this is my happyplacethanks for everything guys your great!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 AM

Hey jeff watched your video and sometimes when your battery gets low your esc will make it seem your radio is glitching but you lose battery power to your servos and you lose control had it happen to me with a cheap electric,crashed that plane 3 times and still haven't flown it need to get better electronics. mike
Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 AM

Mike ~

Geez, I'am sorry to hear about your friend....[] That's no funny matter there... Communication seems to always be a problem I would imagine when it comes to things like that. Honest to god truth, about myself as I've had a rough life, is at one time (1990) I tried doing the same in committing suicide. Not the greatest thing to talk about maybe on here, but mine was tried in my Chevy S-10 four wheel-drive. Best way at the the time for me was to hit a telephone pole at a high rate of speed... As I was heading out of town to accomplish this, A police officer at the time just so happened to follow me with his lights on with an intention of wanting to pull me over due to no tail lights working from a speaker box that I had installed, in which arched and caused the tail lights to not work.....

I figured, well.... This is the time, so I floored it on a backroad that had steep sides on the embankment, and for a high speed chase that went on for a bit I was just about to accomplish my goal, except it was to late as there was a Snohomish County Sheriff blocking the road.... In attempts to miss the officer at a speed of 80 mph, and to veer off to hit a telelphone pole, I didn't succeed and clipped the rear end of the patrol car spinning him around and also flipping my truck and ending down a ravine. Seconds before the impact I had taken my seat belt off for reasons obvious, but was lucky enough that the end result ended in no harm to the officer and me also coming out of the situaution with just a few days in the hospital... People that saw my truck afterwards, could not believe that anyone survived from it....

I got 15 days community service.... I got lucky in a lot of ways.... I look back today, and I'am very grateful and is one of the reasons why I also make everyday count for what it is.....

Yeah, its weird about the crash.... The electronics are good in the Typhoon, I have a $80.00 Castle esc, brushless motor, with decent servos which are digital, running a Thunder-Power 2100 mah 15c battery which I usually can get about 13-16 minutes on. So I had plenty of battery left.... The beauty of filming, is you can study any flight afterwards... With the esc, it has a soft brake applied to the prop... It also has a function of any loss signal it cuts the power off... When I cut power, the prop stops and it does it pretty quick. I noticed last night when I was studying the video, that power was still being applied to the plane even right before hitting the dirt. I'am thinking I didn't lose signal from a glitch, but maybe the reason being from a small red streamer I had attached to the top of the rear rudder.... I made it short, as it was only about 6 inches long, and I'am guessing it got caught in the rudder there or somewhere there, and causing the plane to react in unpleasant ways....

I didn't think about it at the time, but during recovery, I do remember now of that streamer being frayed and small very long pieces stretched out on it.... [X(] I remember Arrow saying to watch out for those streamers awhile back, and even remembered this during the installation of it. Reason why I made it short ! Live and learn on that one ! Good thing I wasn't flying up on the mountain ridge where I usually do !

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 AM

Jeff~ thought about it myself a couple of times because i hurt my back about 8 years ago and had spinal surgery and live in pain every day, under doctor care and eat pain pills every day to handle the pain but would never do anything to hurt my self because i love my family too much,been trying to get disablity for 7 years and keep getting turned down,just quit a job i had for two years because my bose quit and i was doing his job for 3 months at 7 bucks an hour for full time work and only getting 28 hours a week,i'm glad i didn't get it because it was killing me to work that much anyway. 9/11 those *******s never forget!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM

hey all...just finshed battery install and CG check, motor/ESC/Fan unit check good....double checking zero on the elevons before maiden, but here it is prior to maiden. If it survives maiden...THEN I paint it (LOL):

Name:	Fd90900.jpg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1031095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17901.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	1031096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58868.jpg
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1031097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt54124.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1031098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq89805.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	1031099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gw29306.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	1031100  
Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Oh lord....... Do you know what to expect from that beast....?!! Have you done a simulator flight with something simular ? I'am sure you'll be fine, but you may want to consider that 2 hour drive up to Jay's and have him demo it for ya....!!! Kidding, but hopefully everything will work out on the maiden and I have faith in you that it will be a success....

Keep us informed on that one....

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Hey guys, here's the Swift2 vid. Now to verify that batteries are charged and then a bit of flying.

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...%20effects.wmv

Tim
Old 09-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Nice flying Tim!
How you doing with the Heli?
Where did you get your servo tester? Do you know the site that has them? Ron
Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 PM

Vic,

Sorry about the EAR infection, just stick it in the other one.

Hey, man that is looking good. Great idea to do a maiden flight before paint..Like I mentioned in one of our e-mails, take 'er slow on the first time up..

Dave / Choppersrule

hey all...just finshed battery install and CG check, motor/ESC/Fan unit check good....double checking zero on the elevons before maiden, but here it is prior to maiden. If it survives maiden...THEN I paint it (LOL):
Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Tim,

Excellent video, looks like you have your orientation locked in. I lost it a couple times in the video, you were so high and it blended in with the sky. Great stuff.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 PM

Great video, Tim. Keep having fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.