Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn
Thanks for checking your links. He dident change any other link sizes in the videos but that one. I was thinking he might have made a mistake and ment 24mm i remember becouse I thought they screwed down pritty far but you flew your like that and he must have been
right with the size. Good to here you had yours up in the air good job. I though I would have had my new charger to play with tomorrow but I ck Fed Ex tracking and it says Friday.
Carl

Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 PM

Hey guys,

Did anyone go flying today?

I went for one battery pack, I kept getting interupted everywhere I went, finally settled on a small baseball field, and I wasn't familiar with it, so I had to be careful not to fly into the football goalposts.

The 500 flew really well, I didn't do too much with it, but did get some nose in hovering in, and some figure 8's.

Carl,

Yeah, I discovered how far my links were off when I went to setup the head/swash for the first time... the links were way off, forcing the washout base up against the rotor head.

You should be real close with those links at 21mm.

Nick,

I saw you are feeling better....that's good to hear.....did you get a chance to fly today?

Evan,

Did you get a chance to check out your motor yet?

Heli,

What's new?

Jeff,

Still building?

JPEE,

How's the weather over in sunny CA?

Glenn
Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Hello Glenn, Nick, Jeff, Carl, Evan and crew,

Yes Glenn, I did fly one pack with 401 at the Fly Park but it was breezy and there were so many guys flying that it simply was not fun nor comforable as the sky was very busy.

Well Glenn, we now have proof the boys dont read all of the fine print under a guys signature. For three days now I made a change in my fleet and no one noticed. I had shared this info with Glenn on day one to see if anyone would notice. So now I'll put it right out there for you to see.

JPee

PS: two clicks on the photo blows it way up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70072.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1077697  
Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hello Glenn, Nick, Jeff, Carl, Evan and crew,

Yes Glenn, I did fly one pack with 401 at the Fly Park but it was breezy and there were so many guys flying that it simply was not fun nor comforable as the sky was very busy.

Well Glenn, we now have proof the boys dont read all of the fine print under a guys signature. For three days now I made a change in my fleet and no one noticed. I had shared this info with Glenn on day one to see if anyone would notice. So now I'll put it right out there for you to see.

JPee

PS: two clicks on the photo blows it way up.

HOLY MOLY OH GEEZUS BY GOLLY......................................!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPEE ~

I can't believe I didn't catch that listed under your signature ! I caught Nicks when he snuck that in ! Nobody caught mine, as It was there for 2 days also awhile back...LOL... Man... My heart seriously skipped a beat, and I'am still weak at the heart seeing you are now the proud owner of a Trex 500 ESP !!!! SO AWESOME JPEE....! I'am so, so happy for ya you don't even know how much....! [8D][8D]

Geez.... I'am still in awe...... YIKES.... Hey also great picture of yourself... Your a nice looking gentleman. I can't believe your in your 60's as you look like your in your 40's.... It must be the beautiful California weather keeping ya young... Nice looking case for that also ! Is it fireproof ?!...LMAO... Gotcha again ol' timer... Hek I feel weird saying that, you seriously look so much younger...LOL...

If ya want to stay my friend ya better not get that in the air before me...!...LMAO... Kidding.... I still can't believe it.... You are going to love that so much, and its just awesome we all can share any ideas, experiences, & swap some lies among that... Cool JPEE.... Keep us definately updated on that thing... Hey.... Wait... If ya got that a day or two ago, your probably done building it eh ?...CRAP...! LMAO.... I gotta get on the stick !!! I've been gone all day, so I'll start and do a little now. I'am going to wait on the head assembly, and start with installing the components like the electronics and such...

Way to go John ! Now ya can show the boys over at the Wheeee thread who daddy is....

Take care JPEE.......!!...[8D] (I still can't believe it...!)

~ Jeff
Old 11-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Hi Jeff,

First let me say......... thanks for all of the kind words, compliments and for sharing my joy of a new toy.

I order ed two weeks ago from Helihobby which around the block from me. Then I went in Friday anbd asked if it was in? NOPE and they did not expect to see any for another two weeks. It seems the company that receives them off the ship is here in Cali so I would get one before Horizon most likley. So I came home Friday and said well whats another two weeks. Then at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday the LHS called me. My "guy" says HE JPEE GUESS WHAT WE JUST OPENED UP? He said without any warning this one 500 ESP had come in ALL ALONE from the larger order they had put in. The man was looking down on my from above. So I set up a time today to pick it up so he would time to fill the rest of my list of gyros, the FIRE PROOF CASE and such LMAO BIG TIME! ! ! ! ! So you get a reprieve, I am not starting on it for a while. I just remodled the wifes bathroom and I still have some base to lay, light fixture and mirror to get up so I need to finish that so I can start the 500 with a clear head.

Guess who smiling tonight! JPee

Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Jpee
Good going now you can join the free shipping club.
Where did you get that case, Nice. Some one mentioned on HileFreak that a
compound bow case Dosco or Plano SE44 works and will hold
the 500 the b400 and a tx for around 30.00 But I cant find it anywhere for that price.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:39 PM

JPEE ~

Yeah I bet your smiling ! I'am smiling for ya more than you I'am betting...LMAO... I still can't believe it ! Its funny, cause you actually must have hinted a little yesterday when you made the comment about the bearing holders and saying you had an answer, but said you guys had figured it out... I'am still amazed I missed your signature with that ESP listed though... I'am usually about the details, and it seemed I slipped on that one. I've been tired lately though so that probably didn't help much.

I saved your picture into my collection.... Don't want to forget who I'am talking to, and flippin' crap to also... I'am still so excited for ya...Geez... I really thought you weren't going to get one maybe... I'am so glad ya did for sure... The hard part will be over once you get it all put together... The price of parts is very reasonable ! I haven't flown my 450 for 5 weeks now. Or the simulator for awhile... I hope I remember how to fly ! I need to finish up the 500, so I can make it a habit everyday of being on the sim... I had grounded the 450 as I was saving for more stuff for the 500... I added up all the stuff I had gotten for it yesterday including the power supply and the 4 lipo's and it came to $2,271 dollars, not including a few little things which I thought of later like small stuff as the voltage regulator and such... I itemized everything and posted it on the Struggling thread for Uri and was showing him it doesn't really cost to much, or you can get carried away like I do sometimes...LOL..

Alright, I gotta get on the Trex, all there is done is the frame so far...YIKES... Frickin' slow poke eh ?!.. I'am to picky and anal is my prob... I'll spend 2 hours figuring out the best possible way to route 1 wire...!...

Take care JPEE......

~ Jeff
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
My Feedback: (2)

damm everyone is picking up the 500, congrads on the purchase, I have a question for all you guys, what are you guys using for a power supply on your chargers, I know you can use a computer power supply. What should I be using if I where to get a better charger and how many amps should it be?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Hello Carl,

I have attached some picks of the carring case. This is made for the 500. It has wheels on the bottom so it can be pulled along like luggage. I set the 400 and my CX2 Radio in there just for some kinda demension. I paid $125.00. I KNOW I KNOW thats is alot of money. But as I stood there and paid out over a $1,000 for the heli, gyros,some extra wires,RX receiver and such... OH! and some tools, well..........sheeeeeit whats another $125.00

JPee

Name:	Hf98147.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1077866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70905.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1077867  
Old 11-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Hi Helistyle,

I have 10 computer power transformers a guy gave me so on a rainy day I could make some power supplies out of them. I started and then got side tracked . But what I use is a power supply that looks like a brick with a cord out of each end like a laptop computer power transformer. It cost me a year ago $22.00 and puts out 5 amps. Now when I run both chargers it barely gets warm. I got it from BoomTown Hobby when I bought my first 400 and it works fine. I just checked ,his site and he no longer carries them, sorry. Now the big boys like Jeff and Nick have a much larger demand for amperage so little 5 amp power supply won't do it for them "I believe". Some guys just have a car battery in the house with a trickle charger on it as needed. When I started to make the power supply out of the computer transformer I found that there was very little savings buy the time I bought the resistors, banana exceptors, and wire lugs it was near the $22.00 for what I have now, the little 5 amper job. Most times you'll only use one charger anyway.

Some guys use from Harbor Freight their portable jump starter system. It has a gel 12 volt battery that will jump start your car. It can be plugged into the wall outlet to recharge itself! Then I have seen some guys just CUT OFF the jumper cable and put lugs for their leads to hook to and there you go, and...........it is portable! They run these on sale all of the time. I have seen them down to $29.00. NOTE: they do have more than one size if you look at them, space in your hobby room is an issue to.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38391

Smiles JPee
Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 PM

I know my father inlaw uses a computer power supply, do you know of any other sites that might carry them? Thanks for the great response
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Heli ~

The power supply I use is the one in the picture below... Its overkill, but I only wanted to purchase once... It should be plenty for quite awhile hopefully.

JPEE ~

Your shelving where your heli's rest is just like mine I do at home for my RC-Cars ! Sweet... The heli's of course rest in the house in the spare bedroom in which I use as the hobby room, as there my baby's... Gotta keep them nice and warm and happy ya know....

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 PM

Heli,

Here's a nice one...with 25 amps, you'll never run out of power!

Kinda expensive though...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103961

Just a thought....

Glenn
Old 11-23-2008, 11:35 PM

Jeff,

LMAO....it looks like you are running a small hobby shop operation there!!

Holy crap!

NICE!

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 AM

Heli, the sites I know of just show you how to build them but they dont sell them.

Smiles JPee
Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 AM

damm j-micheal lol is your hobby shop open for business, you have tons of stuff, thanks for the input on the power supplies and such, Im looking into get a new charger for christmas I just can't deal with the e-flite chargers anymore lol
Old 11-24-2008, 08:22 AM

I ordered a Hyperion EOS 0606i A/C D/C $139.00 from A Main Hobbys. I hope it works ok
kind of cheep but i liked it becouse its ac dc and 50 amp and i only have a 4 amb power supply
now.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Hey guys the bearing went bad on my b400 motor and the lhs is gonna ship it in and get me a new one but they were out of stock and so I have to wait until prob Saturday to fly so now I can't fly at all during the holiday which is really gay
Old 11-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Evan
Thats a bummer with the motor might want to look on Ebay I got mine for $20.00 for a spare.

Glenn JPEE Michale
I just found something out with the T500 kits there are 4 pieces of velcro straping the two
big ones and the two small ones have two stuck together.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Evan
Thats a bummer with the motor might want to look on Ebay I got mine for $20.00 for a spare.

Glenn JPEE Michale
I just found something out with the T500 kits there are 4 pieces of velcro straping the two
big ones and the two small ones have two stuck together.

Carl ~

LMAO.... I just found that out yesterday also !... Notice though how stiff and crooked they are ? What I did was run them velcro straps under some warm water under the sink, then pulled on the ends to try and work them smooth and flat, I also took them to the counter edge while wet, and ran them up and down the corner like ya do with a dollar bill to get it straight and flat... I then took them to the stove top burner while it was on, and pulled some more while keeping it above the heat a few feet, and then laid them on a flat surface with some weight on them all night, took them out the next morning let them lay flat with nothing, a few hours later they were dry, and flat, no wrinkles, and looking much better than the stiff crooked mess they were before !

That's great Carl.... Somebody could have told me sooner...LOL.... Glenn, yer slackin' here..... I remember picking those straps up, and thinking, crap these are thick suckers... Then as I started to stretch them out, and after a minute I was like hold on.... There's two hooked together !...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 11-24-2008, 12:47 PM

Carl, Jeff,

LMAO...not only didn't I notice that, I have been flying it like that!!!

I feel pretty DUMB...LOL!

Thanks Carl!

DUH DUH DUH !!!

Live and learn, I guess...

I'm sure JPEE will read this as well...

Jeff, thanks for the tips on flattening them, but I'll probably pass on that!

Hmmm....I am slackin'....LMAO!!

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Evan,

Sorry to hear about the motor, that is terrible!

I am wondering why it failed so early?

I would put money on it that they had the gear mesh set to tight from the factory, putting too much load on that lower bearing.

When you get the new one, let us know, and we can help ya set up the gear mesh so hopefully it won't fail again...

At least your LHS is being very cool about sending it back for you, they really aren't obligated to do that, but most reputable shops will.

Glenn
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM

Glenn,

Yeah I got two flights with the 600 yesterday. The weather was nice, but I didn't want to push it with my cold.

Good to hear you got to fly the 500 again.

JPEE,

Sorry I missed your signature, but I miss some details, but great to hear you got a 500!! You will really enjoy it. Keep us up to date on your build.

Helistyle,

When you look for a power supply you should look at the Wattage and not the current. I need a high Wattage power supply for my A123 batteries. You just take the max voltage of the battery times the current you will charge at and you will get the Wattage you need for a power supply. So for a 11.1V 2100mAh battery you will need a power supply capable of 26.5W. For my 16.5V 2300mAh A123 batteries I need 180W. I have a similar power supply that Jeff has, but mine only has one output and rated at 276W.

Evan,

Are you putting oil on your motor bearings every 4-6 flights?

Nick

Name:	Tr51157.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1078260  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Glenn I know how to make a perfect gear mesh all my cars are the the perfect mesh and yeah that's what I think it was now that I think about it cause I always thought it was a little tight

Nick,

No I didn't now that I didn't need to oil it that often and can't really do that with a blade 400 with out taking the motor off every time so I will do every once in a while
Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 PM

Man I feel left out I wanna build something I wish the blade 400 was a kit. Maybe I'll get a trex 250 when they come out that will give me something to build and plus that should be a good little bird but I will prob wait until there is like a v2 or some good reports cause I really want something to put together hobby wise I already did all the outdoor furniture and all my sisters furniture at her new house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.