Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

I guess Heliproz does sell at least one Gas powered heli.
http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=169027
I just looked at that and was going to hit the order button so I could use that blue thinge
but it says out of stockLOL

LMAO.......

You guys are all clowns and all addicts for sure.....

Evan ~

HeliProz has the Trex 250 in stock for $268.00... But if it was me, I'd go with the Gaui V2.....

JPEE ~

"HOG"...?... Just taking a guess here, but does that mean "Helicopter Obsessed Gramps"...?!...LMAO.... Sorry, but I couldn't resist to "rib" ya again. You got that 500 built yet ?! I'am sure you'll probably have yours flying before me !...LOL... Its raining hard here now for us on the Central Coast of Cali currently, and suppose to continue for the next few days... Hopefully this weekend will be better to get a moon launch in with the 500 for me...

Gotta run to town, see ya boys later....

~ Jeff
JEFF, YOU GUYS.............YOU MEAN "US" GUYS ARE ADDICTS
Old 11-25-2008, 06:27 PM

Nick,

Cool that you are practicing inverted hovering with the Guai...and like you said, it sure isn't easy...it's hard enough to fly it upright sometimes! The Gaui's sure do get away from one quickly, when things go wrong, they go wrong in a very fast way!

I agree totally, the blades are a miracle, they are very difficult to break, I was surprised when you cracked the root on the one last time.

I just HAVE to get some Microheli see saw mixer arms....I take it yours survived this mishap unscathed again? Mine will bend if I look at them the wrong way...LOL!

Is the SD crown gear hard to replace when it strips?

I kinda miss flying my Gaui....it will sure keep you on your toes!!

Sounds like you are having alot of fun today flying....hope it makes up for being sick there for a while!

Hope your manager at work chills out some, sounds like he's giving you a hard time....been there, done that!!

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 PM

man I wish I had something to fly this sucks ughh
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 PM

Horizon comes through again as TOP customer service. They just sent me a brand spanking new C505 in the box to replace mine that took a dive. Godda love that!

EVAN: I am sure your new motor is just around the corner!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:40 PM

Not until sat
Old 11-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Man this is so gay I'm temted to just get the 420df 3800kv motor they already have instead of waiting for the 420h it would probably work but I don't know why they would have different names maybe they are the same just different stickers what do you guys think
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM

So do you think it would work they look exactly the same
Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 PM

Glenn,

Yeah I was doing a lot better before with the Gaui, but because of the weather and my cold I haven't had much time to practice inverted hovering again. So I have to play catch up.

Yep the mixing arms are just fine. They are worth it after hearing the way yours will bend easily.

Nope the Crown gear is really easy to replace. I loosen the four screws holding the boom to the frame then slide the boom back. Then I take the Crown gear off and pop a new one on. Then I slide the boom back in and get the correct mesh. Then tighten the four screws and that is it. I just finished fixing the Gaui and got the blades tracking again.

Yeah I wanted to keep flying, but it was starting to get dark. I wanted to fly the SuperCub today, but it took 2 hours to charge one battery and it was dark before it finished. I really love my 15min charges of the A123's compared to this SuperCub battery.

I applied for a job at UPS, but there aren't any spots open for the time I can work. So I will wait until one opens, but I really like that they will pay up to $3000/year for my college tuition. That is 3/4 of the money I need a year for school. Then I can spend more money on helis/parts.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got a free C505 charger.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 PM

Evan,

From what I can find, the 420 DF is a ducted fan motor, but I don't know exactly what the differences are...

I found this; http://www.skycamservice.com/fan_jet...b_page_076.htm

Maybe that will help you decide...I don't want to say, because I don't know, and don't want to tell ya the wrong thing...

Just curious, does your CX2 still fly?

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Man this is so gay I'm temted to just get the 420df 3800kv motor they already have instead of waiting for the 420h it would probably work but I don't know why they would have different names maybe they are the same just different stickers what do you guys think
Evan,

Your stock ESC won't handle the current the 420DF motor needs. It is a more powerfull version of the stock motor that requires a max current of 32A and I don't know the specs on the stock ESC, but it probably can't handle much more than 25A. That will probably result in a fire.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM

Nick,

I am sure you'll be right back up to speed on the inverter Gaui flying in no time...that's got to be quite a challenge to do that.

Not only are the MH mixing arms stronger, I think they are also like half the price of the Gaui ones....the stock Gaui arms are like $16 a set!

That is cool that the crown gear is easy to replace, and that you can get them now...there for a while, the SD guys were hating life, because they couldn't get them for a long time....some guys were even switching back to belts becuase of it.

Speaking of charging batteries...it kinda sucks to have to charge 4 packs after I fly the 500...takes the better part of 4 hours, since right now, I am closely monitoring the charges with the C505, to figure my flight times...

Sounds cool on the UPS job...I have never worked there, but have heard that it's pretty hard work, and that like you found out, hard to get the daytime or "normal" hours...they usually have graveyard shifts open...

I didn't know that they help pay your way through college, that is very cool...

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM

If you look at that motor on eflites website under the related products the 25a pro esc is there and so is the 40a one so idk did you find any specs on the 420h (stock motor)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Carl, I really like the custom white wheels on your bike and...................the pink bucket rerally sets it off nicely!

All kinding aside, a great bike. I have been a Life Member of HOG since 1990

JPee
The grandaughter has more toys here in my garage than she does at home. My back yard looks like an amusment park. If you seen the photo of my T500 you can see the roof of her Cozy Coop next to it in the famley room. I am a Hog member also and the local chapter , dont do many meetings though.
Thank you for the mail it was nice of you to send it.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Should I call eflite and see lol
Old 11-25-2008, 07:34 PM

Evan ~

Here is a website that shows the specs of almost all the brushless motors... It takes a minute to load, as I think there's probably over 500 listed... All in alphabetical order though but it shows some good info for them, and links to find more info specifically for them. Save it for the future if anything....

http://www.progressiverc.com/Brushless_Motor.html
Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 PM

Glenn,

I didn't realize the Gaui mixing arms cost that much.

Yeah I have a couple of crown gears left, so I should be good for awhile. And when I set the mesh a little tighter there is a lower chance of stripping them in a crash.

I know what you mean about the double packs for the 500. But mine only take an hour to charge four 5S batteries. I was also looking at my mAh in and it looks like I can fly longer at the baseball field than in the backyard.

Yeah I have also heard that UPS is hard work, but it shouldn't be much different than what I do now.

When I was on UPS's website for the application it mentioned the $3000 for tuition and that caught my eye, so I applied right away.

Nick
Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 PM

That site has the motor but no specs what the hell I guess i'll just wait but that's really gay and it's pissing me off not being able to fly

I can't fly my cx2 because all the batteries are screwed and plus it's boring now it feels like a joke ***
Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

I didn't realize the Gaui mixing arms cost that much.

Yeah I have a couple of crown gears left, so I should be good for awhile. And when I set the mesh a little tighter there is a lower chance of stripping them in a crash.

I know what you mean about the double packs for the 500. But mine only take an hour to charge four 5S batteries. I was also looking at my mAh in and it looks like I can fly longer at the baseball field than in the backyard.

Yeah I have also heard that UPS is hard work, but it shouldn't be much different than what I do now.

When I was on UPS's website for the application it mentioned the $3000 for tuition and that caught my eye, so I applied right away.

Nick
Plus if you get to be a UPS driver you wont have to wait around all day for the
big brown truck with your heli parts.
Ya me and Chuck are pritty good friends with all the Harley bling and now Helis and parts.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Evan,

Definately a bummer...I feel sorry for ya! That's just bad luck that you got a bad motor or the mesh was too tight, not your fault...

Saturday will be here before long, and you'll get to fly again...

Too bad you don't have a sim....that might be a great idea for Christmas?? Then you can "fly" even if the weather is bad, or like now, when the heli is down for parts....I find my simulators almost as fun as the real thing alot of times...no stress of crashing and breaking the heli, no freezing your butt off...and NO BUGS...LOL!!!

Ahhh....looks like another CX2 sitting on the shelf collecting dust...LOL...I haven't touched mine in months..

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM

I put w t f and they put ****
Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Speeking of sims, did anyone want to do a session on G4 anytime soon? It sounds like a lot of people are busy.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 PM

Nick,

We gotta get Jeff to join in one of these times!

I can do some sim, if you want, in about a half hour, say 9PM my time, 8PM yours?

If it's not good tonight, maybe tomorrow night?

Dunno what JPEE is doing?

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Remember my computer can't handle a sim so that's a no
Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 PM

Evan,

Oh yeah...sorry, I forgot about that...

That could be a problem...

What was the problem last time, you needed Direct X or something to run the Phoenix sim?

Can't remember?

Glenn
Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 PM

Glenn,

That sounds good to me. Just tell me when you have the session open.

It sounds like Jeff might be to busy to do sim anytime soon. It is sure a lot of fun when our little group is flying together.

I was just setting up the Hyperion charger to charge my Gaui battery and it has a cool little feature where it measures the internal resistance of the battery and the Gaui battery has a higher internal resistance than the 5S 600 battery! I was thinking the 600 battery is around 50-60 milliOhms and the Gaui battery is a 101 milliOhms.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.