Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Some guys besides using the ziptie's, also use the end of a toothpick and breaking that off to keep the guides secure... Another method is using tape to wrap around the boom to keep the guide secure also in which I do, except I'am using some reflective tracking tape to add for visibility. Just wrap as much around the boom as you need to how tight you want the guide. Mine has never budged with just the tape there, and works great... My 2 cents for the pot...

I've been busy lately, but have been keeping up with all the posts...

~ Jeff

Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got the DX7.

Nick
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM

If I had to do it over again, and since I have extra grub screws, I'd drill a small hole to be smaller than the grub screw and pre-thread the grub screw into the plastic which would then snug up against the boom. If that makes sense...LOL... Just look at the aftermarket ones on Heli-Direct/Microheli and you'll see there's have a little grub screw that you cinch down to get the guide secured on the boom... Just copy the concept with your stock 500's guides, or the tape works great as it will never "vibrate" loose, and you can easily slide the guide off and still put it back on over the tape where the diameter is larger and it stays very secure !

Ya can always do the Macguiver method and just use a big glob of bubblegum to smudge around the guide and it should hold............. [8D][8D]

~ Jeff
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 PM

JPEE,

Well, you got some great ideas from Carl and Jeff on the rudder control rod guides...I just did what Align said and used plain old clear scotch tape...and it works alot better than you would think...I like Jeff's reflective stuff too..it's up to you...

My tail servo mount is a bit cocked in that pic, not intentionally. I need to straighten that out sometime when I get around to it...the little tab behind the mount is crooked...no biggie..

I just threaded my rudder control rod up until I counldn't see any more threads, don't want that puppy to pop an end link off in mid flight...LOL...and as you pointed out, you can get all the adjustment you need by sliding the servo where you need it to be...

Hope this helps....sounnds like you are coming down the home stretch!!

Congrats on the DX7 too...

Glenn
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM

Hey guys I'm at 44 flights now I flew twice today starting to try nose in for real now
Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM

Evan,

Cool!

Keep up the practice. Nose in can be tricky...just take your time...

I actually had more difficulty with side in than nose in, myself...I found that with nose in, it's just everything in reverse...but side in is different, and different for both sides..

I guess it's different for everyone..but at any rate, keep up the good flying and practice... learning the 4 basic orientations will pay off big later on...

Hope you get some more flights tomorrow. You'll pass me up soon, since you can fly, and I can't...

Take care and congtrats on your progress...

Glenn
Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Hey Glenn

Jeff,
Thanks for your ideas on the boom. I have some aluminum duct heat tape that sticks like crazy and looks like chrome. I also have sticky tape in red and yellow reflecive like on the back of semi's BIG TRUCKS.

Glenn, I am sending and email pick to look at again please. It appears the only way to get keep the tail rod straight is to really cock the tail servo at quite a angle. Even if you write back now, I would like you still give me your sight on blessings please.

JPEE
Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 PM

Glenn that's kinda funny I think side in hovering is easier I like watching the little white letters on the belt go by through the belt tension hole lol
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM

JPEE ~

I have and use the same heat duct tape that is the chromy shiny stuff...Cool...! It does stick excellent also... I've been busy working, and coaching a friend who is interested in the RC-Heli's... Last year he had a CX2 and could fly it not to bad, and that's when I got my CX2 and loved it after seeing him fly his around somewhat. We both had CPP's at the time and he is the one whose CPP had the collision with my Helimax Rotofly... He could hover the CPP somewhat and after awhile just drifted away from the RC-heli's and a year has gone by since he's last tinkered with the heli's, and I continued on and after he's seen me lately fly the Trex 450 and the Trex 500 he's hooked again...LOL..

He wants a Trex 500, but I'am not sure that would be a good idea although I know it would be much easier to fly, I'am thinking money in crashes kinda stuff, as he was not the greatest pilot before, and right now he has no RC-stuff like chargers and what not... I've been going over all the options with him like encouraging him with maybe the Balde 400 RTF kit for that DX6i he'll need to start out with. Or even the Trex 450 and I could guide him through it... I keep telling him a simulator would be a big help, but I'am not sure if he's grabbing that insight very well...

Now get this :

I went to his house Sunday afternoon and he has a big backyard, but not to big when it comes to darting the 500 around... I was flying the 500 around in some short circuits around and before I knew it I grabbed some elevation got some speed up, (but it wasn't enough) and went for a loop with the 500...

I almost crashed the 500..... I didn't have enough speed built up, and I wasn't very high up and so the 500 was at the top of the loop and by the time it was at the bottom of the loop I was 13' from the ground level and was about 3" from clipping the tops of a cherry tree that is in the backyard... Everything happened so fast I try and remember exactly what happened, but all I know is I saved the SOB from crashing....LMAO...

So later that night I'am going through my settings on the DX-7 and noticed my swash settings are still at a lazy 60% from when I set-up the heli... So next time I'll have the settings boosted up a bit for a lot more response time, and this time I'll need to be a little higher with some speed incorporated in there, as I wasn't really moving at all on that attempt... I think I'am gonna drop my pinion size from my 16t to my 15t and see if I feel any diffs or not... Jason Krause uses the 15t with these TP batts so I'am gonna try with that pinion...

It was pretty crazy and no different than the 450 other than everything seemed more slow motion than the wispy 450... The sound the blades warp out is incredible among that... Unfortunately I didn't film it, and it bums me out because it would have been a good video to learn from. I had my helmet cam in the car also, and next time I'am filming ! Anyway, I'll go for the 2nd attempt here in the next few days if I can get a break in the weather.

Nick ~

I've been meaning to say thanks for posting the info on the specs with your new meter. That's pretty cool...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 PM

Jeff,

What can I say to that....? except WOW, HOLY COW, OH MAN, NO NO NO and you pulled it off. You are the man. My buddy just sent a PM right now and is still doing my G4 there in the hotel. I gave his brother the CX2 tx and to keep on with good habits so I don't have to undo him frun flying with the dinky MCX Tx

Later guys
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM

Hey jeff nice story I had a little video going on in my mind of what you explained and you were flying pretty good lol what are circuits
Old 01-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Glenn,

I finally tested my motor again and it works much better with the loctite holding the stator to the bearing holder. Anyways I was doing some reasearch on motor design and my tests aren't a true power rating that the motor can deliver. I found out that the current I am reading is current lost to friction and other motor related losses. So it is basically wasted current.

So with my DIY motor the wasted current is 1.14A on 2S and I decided to test my Scorpion 4660KV motor for the Gaui with out a load and its wasted current is 2.1A on 2S. So my motor is a little more efficient. So some time soon I am going to get a prop adaptor and a prop, so I can find out the RPM's with my airplane tach and the current with a load. Now I am curious to see how efficient my other heli motors are.

Jeff,

Congrats on the loop with the 500. Your welcome about the specs.

Evan,

Circuits are like circles and figure 8's.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 AM

Thanks nick I wasn't sure what y'all meant when you would put that in a post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:44 AM

Evan,

Your welcome.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Hey guys,

Jeff,

WOW, you did it! Cool, even if it was a close call...sounds scary!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

Congrats! I don't have enough gonads to try that yet...but I sure have thought about it...even visualized it in my mind...it would be exactly the same as the B400, just slower, as you said...hmmm...LOL!

Glad it turned out OK, and you didn't hit the tree...

Sounds like a bit more planning next time, and you should have it down!

Nick,

Cool that you are getting the efficiency readings on the motors now...I was actually reading about that to some extent when I researched wye vs. delta windings....the general concensus is that there is not a night and day difference in performance, at least not from what I was reading on it...

Glad to hear that your motor project is keeping you busy during the cold winter months...

Evan,

How many flights now? LOL

JPEE,

Check your email...I responded earlier today...talk to you later on...

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Glenn,

Yeah working on the motors is helping me keep my mind off of not being able to fly. It was around -11 degrees with the wind chill. And it looks like my LHS near me is closing, but the big one far away from me is apparently doing alright. I wonder if they will have any discounts on stuff like yours did.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 PM

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your weather...the cold, arctic air mass is slowly moving towards me...lol

Supposed to be like 7 degrees on Saturday morning. That is way colder than it usually gets here..so it will be quite a shock. I have to work Saturday, which is fine, since I can't fly anyways in that kinda weather..

That is sad about your LHS going out of business...[]

I wish the one that went out of business here was still open...sometimes you just need something that one shop is out of...

Hope you can get some good deals on stuff as they are going out of business, at least...

Looks like the terrible economic conditions claimes another causualty...

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Jeff,

WOW, you did it! Cool, even if it was a close call...sounds scary!!

Congrats! I don't have enough gonads to try that yet...but I sure have thought about it...even visualized it in my mind...it would be exactly the same as the B400, just slower, as you said...hmmm...LOL!

Glad it turned out OK, and you didn't hit the tree...

Sounds like a bit more planning next time, and you should have it down!

Glenn ~

Yeah I think I may have to go over my settings some more and I still need to take the 16t off and install that 15t... Its been a lazy factor, so I haven't done it yet like I keep saying I want to. LOL... Now I need to swap pinions because today I took out the 500 and 450 again just for a casual flight, and the 500 seems to bog at the top of the loop, or its my wrong stick movements with still maybe not enough speed... I dunno yet... I got this one on video however so I'll download the two later on tonight or tomorrow. The 450 I was almost gonna try a backflip, and you'll see me hesitating a bit up high, but my eyes were watery, and blurry a bit from that, and also it was very hard to keep orientation with the dark cloudy skies as a backdrop... The 500 wasn't as bad, just because of its bigger size helped and the canopy is much brighter than the 450 so that helped out a lot. I noticed when I fly my heli's I stare at the nose and fly it... I noticed that today, and thought that was kinda weird as I know some stare at the rotor disk and just the whole heli in general, which I do sometimes when I lose visual of the nose...

Talk with ya later,

~ Jeff
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Glenn,

I remembered you got some good deals at your closing LHS and I was also thinking mine might have some too.

I found out that they aren't closing because of the economy, but I can't remember the rest of the details.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Hey guys I just went to the lhs and they had 1 trex 250 super combo and the box was so small it was about the size of a brick smaller than size 12 shoe lol
Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM

Evan,

Was it a little tempting not to buy the 250?

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Evan,

Cool on the Trex 250...I've never seen one in person, did they have one built to look at?

What did ya get at the LHS? [sm=confused.gif]

The Gaui box is pretty small too, but probably not that small...

Glenn

Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Hey guys,

I just saw JPEE maiden his Trex 500 ESP in his garage!

Skype is pretty cool...I am here in Maryland, freezing, and was watching JPEE hover the 500 for the first time in his garage...LOL..it was still light there, and like 76 degrees or something crazy like that...LOL

Anyways, JPEE got his Trex 500 flying!

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM

Nick,

I think my AR6200 is acting up...[X(]

I was helping JPEE out with his 500, and in the process, discovered that my satellite receiver is blinking, when the main unit is steady....my last one did that..and I think you had something like that too...do you remember what you found out?

The weird thing is, as I change positions, further or closer to the heli, the blinking changes?

Maybe I'll try to rebind...

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 PM

Jeff,

Sounds good, and the video might help deterimine the issue at the top of the loop...sounds like you are getting more comfortable, I guess you were flying in a bigger place this time?

Hope to see the video when you have time to post it...

I don't know how my 500 would do in a loop, but it sure seems to have a LOT of power with the 6S and 12 tooth pinion it has right now...can't imagine needing much more than it has...not any time soon anyways!

Have fun, glad to hear you got a chance to fly both helis in one day!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.