Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I am not 100% on the history, but I think the first brushless motors on RC aircraft came from CDROM motors. People would tear apart a CDROM and take the stator out and re-wind it. Then they would make the rest of the parts and put it in their little airplanes.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Glenn,

Based on the numbers I got, for having the same number of turns/tooth on a WYE and Delta motor, the Delta will roughly have half the torque of the WYE motor. That is if this guy's formula for finding torque is correct. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM

Nick,

It took me a minute, but now I see what you are saying....the early brushless motors were actually taken out of a CDROM drive...like the thing that goes in a computer drive bay...gotcha...

I was picturing a CD, as in a disc...lol[]

I had a buddy where I used to work that was into making tiny airplanes, and they would use cell phone vibrator motors...tiny motors in cell phones with an eccentic weight so they vibrate when they ring....they would remove the weight, and then had tiny little motors to use in the planes..

That is interesting on the torque. About the only thing I know about windings/RPM/torque is from my brushed motor days in RC cars...less windings = more RPM, and less torque...

We used to run some 11 turn (winds) motors in the modified class that had some pretty amazing performance... Stock class motors had 27 turns...

Those motors were high maintenance...they would arc the brushes so much that you would have to machine the commutator with these little lathes after a couple of sets of brushes...but, they ran like new when you did that...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Glenn,

Those little airplanes sound cool.

The relationship between windings, RPM, and torque or the same for brushless motors, but I never saw what the actual numbers were.

I am almost done making a motor mount out of wood for one of my motors that needs to be clamped down. And that is right next to my other mount that the motor screws down to.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

lol funny that you say it might be the master cylinder, my uncle said the same thing. Hopefully it isn't I can't afford anymore stuff. Ehhh either way, automotive still interests me. How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM

Helistyle,

I was having a good day until I had to write an essay for my english class. I haven't been able to fly for a couple of days, since it is too cold for me to fly.

How is school going for you? Have you flown the Walker much?

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 PM

damm english papers lol, got snow here again. School is going good, just hate when I have to learn a lesson that is boring lol, ill get over it though. Flew about 7 packs today with the walkera, I'm still attempting to learn right hand tuns, I still cant grasp it that great, hopefully it comes with time
Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 PM

Helistyle,

Cool to hear you got to fly today.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM

Hi Nick, I sent you and email this moring. I know you dont look a it often but I tireed thre times today to send you a PM but it wont go through so I thought I would drop you a line here too

No rush to answer my questons, when you have a few minutes will do, THANKS!
JPEE
Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 PM

Heli that's kinda strange for me right hand turns are easier than left ones
Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM

lol i can do both but right hand turns still give me problems, its the only thing i cant do, everything else is cake, well not including 3d lol
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 PM

That little walkera sounds really fun I want to fly one now lol
Old 02-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Evan,

Same here, I find right hand turns much easier than left..

I wonder if Heli is left handed? I am still curious about that, if it makes a difference?

Did you get to fly today at all?

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM

Yeah I flew two packs today I'm still kinda cautious about those crappy servos I can't wait to get the new ones
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Heli,

Sounds like the Walkera is fun...

Hope you get the Civic fixed soon...glad that auto still interests you...sounds like you are pretty mechanically inclined, which helps alot..

Glad school is going well too..

Yeah, Honda master cylinders are a problem area, and it's usually made worse by bleeding the brake system, or any other reason that the master cylinder piston (brake pedal) has to travel alot further than it is used to...it gets the seals into the dirty, unused part of the master cylinder bore, and things go bad from there...but hopefully that isn't the case...

Good luck with it, let me know how you make out...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Evan,

Cool.

Yeah, those servos are unpredictable when they start acting up...be careful, if that's possible....

So, you like the new 2100 pack better than the 1800? Do you notice the heli is a bit more heavy feeling or nose heavy at all?

Hope you can get the servos soon...

Glenn
Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 PM

Yeah the heli is more nose heavy I had to add some subtrim while I was flying to compensate the heli was also more twitchy with it so for that pack I was just getting used to the way the heli reacts but with the other battery I was doing banked turns and stuff I'm getting more confident and risky now and stuff is coming to me easier so it's really starting to get fun. I really can't wait until I have enough money to buy the new servos I might buy two this weekend and buy the other one when I get more money or just wait and save like $30 more dollars to get them all!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM

Evan,

Yeah, I figured you'd be able to feel the difference in the weight of the pack....you are experienced enough now that you can feel the heli out very well...

It takes a bit of compensation for the extra weight, but that will come in time too...you'll just know which pack is in it, and adjust your flying style to fit the situation..

Yeah, you are at the magical point in your heli career where it really does start to get to be alot more fun...you are more confident, more relaxed, and everything starts to click....yup, been there, and am still there!!

Glad you are having fun with it now...sure beats the old BCP days, eh? LOL Those things are frustrating! I'm glad you decided to give helis another try after all...but now with a much better heli..makes all the difference!

Sounds good on the servos...but if you get two, try to resist the urge to put just two in...best not to mix and match them...[X(]

Have fun!

Glenn
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM

Hey Nick,

Thank you for the battery information, your the BEST!

Glenn,

I took that motor out of 402 that "possibly" skreetched and can find nothing wrong! The bearings roll very nice, the shaft is in good shape too. For now I slapped in a new motor I keep in inventory and we will see what happens. 402 is the heli I totally rebuilt with mostly all new bearings throughout. So I can't believe it is one of those..........we'll see I guess.

JPEE
Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 AM

yeah I hope I get it fixed soon as well, actually I'm right handed which is werid since im having trouble with right turns
Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM

Helistyle,

For what is worth, I amleft handed. Everytime I lift off I turn the nose the right and go. Once at the end of my right lineof site I make the nose turn left and then come across my horizon going left. As I start turning inward towards me to make the laft turn I often kinda stall rather than drive throught the turn like I do to my right. Anyway, the heli kinda comes to a slow or stop and then the tail starts to drop! I lost it several times before I realized what I was doing. NO I am always watchfull to catch myself. As fat as figure eights...no matter to me for the most part.

GLENN,
Thanks for the tip on setting up motor lash by doing a 12-3-6-9-12 on the gear to find any high spot that may be on the gear. AS I wrote above in replacving the 402 motor I DID FIND that high spot! and was ready to mack the needed charges.

JPEE OUT
Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 PM

JPEE,

Your welcome about the battery info.

I do the same thing as you when I lift off. I like to go to the right of me then come back around.

Nick
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 PM

Heli,

Good luck on the Civic...hope it goes well..

Thanks for the info on being right handed....I guess that blows my theory of the left hand turns being harder for a right handed pilot..lol, since you have a harder time with right turns...[X(]

Nick, JPEE,

That's interesting. I also almost always turn to the right when starting out my flights too...and since JPEE is left handed, that's another mark agaist the right vs. left handed pilot theory...lol

So much for theories lol

Glenn
Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM

JPEE,

You are welcome on the backlash/gear tip..

I always check the backlash in several points around the main gear, and make sure it's not too tight at the highest point, so as not to put excessive load on the motor bearings...[X(]

Picked up that habit from the RC car racing days...we took motors in and out all day long on those things...and you had to be fast at changing them too...LOL

Glenn
Old 02-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Hey guys,

Since my theory didn't hold up, I was curious, so I posted my first poll on the subject of turning directions...lol

I'll be interested to see the results....

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.