Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Jeff,

LOL, I figured the yellow in caps would get ya....I know how much you love to hate that canopy!![sm=omg_smile.gif]

We'll see if it helps me or not, it might just be completely psychological!

I dunno, I have just always liked that canopy from the first time I ever saw one, kinda just the "classic Trex 500" I guess...

I sure am glad it came with the GROMMETS INSTALLED.....LOL[>:]

When I first looked at those grommets, and then realized that they had to go in those tiny little holes...LOL[X(]

Glenn
Old 02-17-2009, 10:55 PM

He Jeff,

Thank so much for threads. A few weeks ago I was snooping over there at HF and reading up on that matter. Then as I have the 600 shelved I thought I'll wait to reread it when I am ready for a fight on it. Tonight I was triny tinpuit some settings on the DX7 for my plane. Nick had come up with some setting to make the ailerones act like flaps. But after 30 min I ma frustrated. The Dx7 is like Chinese compared to the DX6i. I'll to give all of this a look see again when I am fresh.

Thanks again for thinnking of me. JPEE

OH BTW my dual pack of 2150's weigh in at 370 grams for what its worth on the 500
Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 PM

Jeff,

That's interesting the difference in weight on the canopies, and I do like the orange as well...maybe next time (crash-heaven forbid) I replace it...

No new toys here for this guy...Uncle Sam hit me hard this year....won't post an exact number, but let's just say I could easily have bought a Trex 700 complete, with all the goodies, out the door...LOL[>:]

Heli,

Yeah, sounds like you have a pretty full schedule going there...wow. It's got to be a delicate balance for ya to keep up work, school, and still have some time for the hobbies too...

It's hard to give up the R/C's, I know...but I think if you do the RC stuff in moderation, and don't let it get too distracting, you'll be OK...I think it would kinda take your mind off some of the other pressure for a bit...

Things here at work and home are going great, heck, at work, you'd never know that we are in a major recession....kinda just the opposite, people are fixing and maintaining their older vehicles, and holding on to them longer, since credit is so tight, and money too...

It helps that we only have 3 techs and an oil change guy too...

I had the best week/paycheck I've ever had there in 3 years time last week...

Hang in there, I know it's tough!!!

Glenn
Old 02-17-2009, 11:13 PM

JPEE ~

That's a killer weight for your batteries... I may try two of my Air-Thunder's from my 450, they weigh a bit more than yours but at least I could see what the 6-cell feels like... I have the EC3 connectors and some 12 gauge Novak wire but never researched on how you make the connector to run them...

~ Jeff

Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 AM

Glenn,

I cut the ailerons out of the stock wing. Then I had to cut slots out, so I could put the aileron servos inside the wing. Then I had to put hinge tape and the pushrods on and that was pretty much it. I kind of screwed up my right aileron, so it doesn't travel as much as the left aileron. The left aileron turned out better after I had experience doing the right aileron. I hooked up a 3S LiPo and the prop spun really fast compared to the 8.4V NiMh battery. The stock brushed motor probably won't like the higher Voltage.

Helistyle,

I am like you in that I put off school work until the last minute and play with my RC stuff as much as possible.

JPEE,

I can walk you through the settings on the DX7 some time if you want me to.

Jeff,

Are you trying to hook up your 450 batteries in series for the 500? If so start with the positive wire in one male connector and connect it to the positive side of a female connector. Then with the first male connector connect the negative wire to the positive side of the next male connector. Then connect the negative wire of the second male connector to the negative side of the female connector. Now you have a series adaptor.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 AM
My Feedback: (2)

damm glenn, you would have never guessed that it would be the best time for making money, although less people are buying cars, and more people are just fixing the ones they have.

I am in the same boat as nick, as far as putting of school untill last minute, but I have to change that, Ill be in school for another 4 years, So I have to change something

Hopefully I get my heli today
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Jeff,

Are you trying to hook up your 450 batteries in series for the 500? If so start with the positive wire in one male connector and connect it to the positive side of a female connector. Then with the first male connector connect the negative wire to the positive side of the next male connector. Then connect the negative wire of the second male connector to the negative side of the female connector. Now you have a series adaptor.

Nick
Nick ~

Cool.... Thanks for that info. I copied and pasted it with the rest of your useful info I save...Lol... You got your own folder on my PC...LMAO...

You might be interested in this data since you have CC ESC's. This is with 2400RPM's, -11 degrees of pitch, 10T pinion, Align 3S 2100mAh 20C battery, and a Scorpion 2221-6 motor. These are the numbers that I saw the easiest, they might be a little higher. I thought it was interesting. Based on the numbers my 60A ESC is a little over kill. A CC45 would probably do just fine. An Eagle tree would probably be easier to see the data better since it will put it on a graph.

8KHz- 34A, 327W 12KHz- 30A, 300W 16KHz- 33A, 367W 24KHz- 40A, 429W

Do you remember when you posted this awhile back ? I was silent for a bit then but still read here, but I saved this and I wonder on my Castle 45 esc if I bump up the Khz from I think it offered 13 Khz to then 26 Khz and more, but Its set right now to the lower 13 and I might try and put it to the 26 Khz on this stock motor for the 450 just to see what I notice... If I do get a tad more power, I'll still have to watch the heat this motor likes to develop if I'am not careful... I have the timing set to high, but might drop it back down to medium if I do try going with a higher Khz...

Heli ~

You know your Exi (Trex...) is going to come today ! You'll be so amazed... I remember you asking Nick about a 15c lipo for it, and in the video below when I was testing out the stock motor I had just put back into the Trex (Align 430L 3550kv) I ran my Thunder Power 3s 2100 mah 15c lipo in it and it does great and just fine for only the 15c output... This lipo was my first lipo that I got with my Trex and has carried me through the learning curve of hovering and forward flight... You pay for what you get, and the lipo is about 16 months old now with lots of abuse. I like that its lightweight also...I like the TP batts because they never show signs of puffing or swelling and this one is still even tight as a brick... My other 2200 mah Air-Thunder's 25c and Common-Sense 2200 25c lipo's are close to 190-205 grams... The TP 15c lipo because its lighter feels the same power wise as the others...FYI...

Here's the video with that lipo... My Align motor is probably pretty similiar to the motor your getting I'am thinking... My motor is just the stock Trex 450 SA motor, but I do run a Castle Creations 45 amp esc, but still your EXI will probably perform pretty similiar to the video below of just this last Sunday when I took it out...[8D]

My Trex currently weighs with this battery 749 grams....

http://www.vimeo.com/3241702

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 AM

Jeff,

I accidently left my timing on 8KHz after my testing and I went to go fly and the 450 felt like it had no power. I then bumped it back up to 12KHz and all of a sudden I had power again. I can't remember if I am still on 12KHz or 24KHz, but I am happy with the power.

My lighter 20C Align battery feels like it has just as much power as my 25C Outrage battery in the air. The Align battery also has more power than my old FP and Outrage batteries.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 AM

thanks j-michael for the video, I will deff check it out when I get home at 8pm tonight lol only reason is work restricts any kind of videos on the computers.

The 3 cell 2100mah I bought weigh 160 grams each, I got two of them. The least you need is two batteries lol

Yeah I hope it comes today, well I cant really do to much to it, except install the servo's, I am still waiting for the radio and gyro to come in as well and those won't be here for at least another week, because they just got shipped out the other day :/

I just hope I get everything squared away as far as setting everything up correctly, since this will be my first bulid. Like I said to glenn, my fear is turning everything on and having the helicopter go crazy infront of me, and seeing the thing just destroy itself lol I doubt that will happen but, it would suck
Old 02-18-2009, 08:39 AM

do you guys know or think that the blade 400 wood blades the 325mm would work on the exi?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM

Jeff,

After being in Cali you know when you see this is real COLD for us sun lovers down south.

JPEE
6:55 a.m.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90977.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1138859  
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM

JPEE,

Subtract 14 degrees from that and that is the temp here and that isn't including the wind chill. LOL I had to use my seat heater this morning. Least most of the snow melted, so now I just need to wait for a calm day and then I can test the cub out.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff,

After being in Cali you know when you see this is real COLD for us sun lovers down south.

JPEE
6:55 a.m.

JPEE ~

Lol....Yeah wow ! I remember at my dads last year in January it snowed there for about an hour... It doesn't snow very often, and he is about 200 miles north of you right next to the coast, but at 1600 ft elevation. I was surprised when I saw it snow for a bit.

This is looking towards the guest house I stayed in... To the rightside and top of the pic looking at the peak portion of the mountain is where that flat spot was that I flew at that's on his property. I miss flying there !

30 minutes later looking out my dads house by the front deck :

Crazy huh ?!....

Nick ~

Good info on your batts ! Yeah I can't remember exactly what the numbers were on my 45 amp CC esc for the Khz's but it could be also 12 and 24 Khz increments... But I think the lowest was only the 12 or 13 Khz... The next step up went to the 24 or 26 one... I may try out the 24 or 26 (whichever one it is...) and see if I'll like it there better. First I gotta try this 15t on the motor for a test flight next though. In that last video on Vimeo when I was testing the stock motor I was running a 13t...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM

22 degrees here today, not including windchill lol :/

Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 AM

Jeff,

Here is my set up. With fresh packs I log in at 25 volts.

JPEE

Name:	Db85933.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1138876  
Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 AM

Its been nice for the last few days, sunny and in the mid 50's... Its suppose to continue throughout the week with sunny weather. Cold mornings though ! Anything about 40 or less is just to cold for my fingers to function with the sticks...Lol... A comfortable 73 degrees in the house, and at 7:43 a.m. its 36 degrees outside...

I just took this, and its looking out from our backyard toward the alley and at the neighbors house/guest house and looking South towards the Olympic Mountains :

I hope my 450 never gets a taste of those power lines.... I've got close...LMAO... [8D]
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 AM

Heli,

Yeah, I would think that the B400 blades would work OK, just have to check the fit in the blade grips, maybe someone here has tried B400 blades on a Trex before?

The length should be fine, and they are cheap, and easy to get at the LHS....and being wood, they are rotor head friendly, meaning in a crash, they basically explode on impact, hopefully saving the more expensive stuff in the process (that's the theory, anyways..)

Glenn
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Jeff,

Here is my set up. With fresh packs I log in at 25 volts.

JPEE

Cool JPEE... That's perfect ! A picture is worth a thousand words ! Ya see, I saved a pic which I think it was off Horizon's website awhile ago but then I heard that they messed up or something like that and it wasn't the right way and so I was paranoid on whether I had the appropriate correct picture or not... Thanks for posting those pics... I'll save them right now. I'am gonna do a fast pinion change really quick and try the 6-cell set-up just to experiment in the next week or two...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Jeff, if you buy the Y cord be sure to ask for IN-SERIES cord not a Paralle. They look so close it is easy to get the wrong one. Check your voltage t make sure you have the 24-25 volts, that way there can be no accidents on the cord.

JPEE
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Thanks JPEE... I got the materials do make it, and I'll just go by Nicks info and your pictures for reference....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 AM

Heli,
I use T-Rex 450 blades on mt Blade 400's however I must shim them as the are THINNER that the standard Eflite Blades, but they work great.

For the rest of you guys (great picks jeff) in cold country HOLY COW, not for me. Since I posted the 40 degrees it has come up to 54, were BURING UP down here LOL!!

JPEE

Name:	Xv65472.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1138904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30521.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1138905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71896.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1138906  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM

so jpee you are saying that I can use the 325mm blade 400 blades on my exi 450?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 PM

JPEE,

I just finished the CUB up. The ailerons are working great and the flaps are too. I will probably have to do some fine tuning later, but right now I am happy with the results I am getting.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 12:34 PM

Heli,

I think JPEE is saying that he has to shim the Trex blades, 'cause they are thinner than the Eflites...that might be a problem going the opposite way, in other words, the Eflite blades might be too thick for the EXI grips...[sm=confused.gif]

That might take a bit more research before getting the Eflite blades, maybe we can tell more when you get the heli and can maybe measure the grips...

Glenn
Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 PM

Nick,

Sounds awesome!

How long before enough snow melts so that you can test fly it?

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.