Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

no prob, if it wasnt for you and glenn I wouldn't even have gotten into helicopters and the cp pro, no its like part of my life lol all I think about now
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM

I don't think you will find anyone on the helicopter forums that isn't addicted to their helicopters. I also think about mine all the time.

Nick
Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Nick,

Great flying! That is your best video to date! Very cool!

It's amazing to see a CPP flying that well. And your skills are getting there too, buddy!

I am still amazed at how well mine is flying now...and how comfortable I am flying it too.

I guess we all 3 got each other's interest sparked on the CPP's again!

Glad to hear you had some good figure 8's in the opposite direction...but yours are alot harder, going backwards!

I'm going to keep working at the opposite direction figure 8's for next week or so, until I get much more comfortable with them. I don't need much practice going the "easy" way. I usually just take a few in the easy direction to get warmed up, and then switch.

I need to keep working at the backwards flight on the sim as well. Rob from the club was telling me that helped him out alot.

Awesome flying, building, and video taping, Nick.

Have some more fun tomorrow!

Jeff, thanks for coming out of your hiding place and paying us a visit, you are very welcome here anytime!

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 PM

Nick, Heli,

I am officially addicted to my helicopters...and the forums too!

It is fun to go out and fly, or work on the helis and then share it with you guys at the end of the day...

This is a great hobby, and thanks to you guys, and this great forum, a cool place to hang out and chat too!

Happy flying,

Glenn
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM

Glenn,

It is amazing at how well this motor makes this helicopter fly so good. Thanks for your comment on the video. I love the challenge and trying to do something better than I already have. There isn't much more I can do in the upright position, so I am going to try and focus more on the inverted hovering. I will keep practing the funnels because they are a lot of fun. When I was at the baseball field I was trying a little more than I was ready for inverted. And I need to take it slow like the rest of the stuff I learned. It is boring, but I know it will help out in more than I can imagine.

I think the CPP could become a very good trainer helicopter because you and me are learning a lot from it. Hopefully Helistyle can get his motor soon and learn a lot from the CPP too.

That sounds like a good plan on doing the warm up and going to the harder stuff. I used to do easy stuff all the time, but I never got to learn something new by doing that.

It is cool to hear Rob is giving you some tips.

Today was perfect for flying except for the heat. There aren't too many days like this, so I try and get the most from them.

I think the forums help people progress faster. Everyone can learn tricks and tips to learn the stuff they are working on and get help with making their helicopter flight ready. I wouldn't be able to talk to any helicopter pilots without the forums, because it seems most people here are into airplanes.

Nick
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM

Thanks guys...You 3 are quite a team, and "good gents" in my book... I'll poke in from time to time. Oh....Glenn, you don't know how close I was to getting a Gaui 200 from reading your build process with yours... Still very interested, just need some more funds ! In time I hope to acquire one. Still can't figure out which one is better, the belt driven or the shaft version. I'am thinking the belt driven, but not sure.

Anyway, take care guys & keep up the good talk. I've learned a lot just from you guys.

~ Jeff

P.S. I wonder what ever happened to Deftones ?! I was just starting to lurk consistently, and then slowly I saw him fading from the spotlight.......
Old 08-14-2008, 05:16 AM

hey I got a question either rotarydoc or evdreamer, I did decide to sell my cx2 and I some guy on ebay is asking a question about it, hes asking if the cx2 im selling has temp overheating and the spectrum 6100e reciver, how do I find out if I have this one?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 AM

Jeff,

Thanks for the compliment on our "team"!

When I first started out, and was really struggling with the CPP, I was asking alot of questions. Nick seemed to always be there with an answer. We have been sharing ideas and experiences ever since.

LOL, Deftones, AKA Helistyle, is still with us, just a different name! He decided a while back to change his screen name...

That is very cool on the Gaui, it is a very interesting, if not VERY challenging helicopter! I went with the belt tail, because of the fact that the shaft driven tail setup is qutie fragile, and the commonly broken crown gear is/was very scarce, even to the point of causing some guys to switch to the belt tail. Supposedly, the shaft is more effecient, and smoother. I have never tried it. The other thing to keep in mind, is that the belt version is cheaper, and can always be inexpensively (about $55) upgraded to the shaft version.

I love the Gaui, but it's a handful to fly! It doesn't have the tail control issues that the CPP does, but because it is so light, and powerful, it tends to "stray away" very quickly, and it gets very small, very fast!! LOL

I have had a few minor crashes with it, more than the B400. But that is to be expected from such a small, high performance bird.

Glad you could join us, and keep coming back to visit!

Glenn
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

hey I got a question either rotarydoc or evdreamer, I did decide to sell my cx2 and I some guy on ebay is asking a question about it, hes asking if the cx2 im selling has temp overheating and the spectrum 6100e reciver, how do I find out if I have this one?
If I remember right the version 1 of the CX2 had a 4in1(first picture) and the version2 had a 3in1 and the AR6100e(second picture, mine is the AR6100, but the "e" version has the pins coming out the back and mine come out the top.) If he is asking if it has over temperature protection I think it does. You can contact horizon and ask them about that.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92199.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1011437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65387.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1011438  
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Heli,

Nick covered it very well. I took a look at mine, and it has the AR6100e. I bought mine in Feb of this year, so it is a newer one.

To the best of my memory, the overheat protection is made into the motor wiring harness, some kind of current limiting device? I have seen them at my LHS, and I think mine has it installed. I wish I had a picture of it or something, but I don't have any handy.

Good luck with it on eBay. Let us know how much you end up getting, I might be interested in selling mine someday.

Glenn
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Hello Helistyle,

On the CX2 they integrated these re-settable fuses on the motors to sense how much heat is going the 3-1. When they get hot the Heli drops from the sky like a dead sparrow. Some of the older CX2s had 4-1's but that later models had the 3-1 with these fuse from Horizon.

Hope this might help.. JPee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19525.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1011659  
Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Did anyone get to fly today? I just took it easy today and didn't fly.

Nick
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM

Nick,

Nah, didn't get much flying in, a big storm blew through. After the storm, I took the Gaui out for a test fly. Finally got the pitch dialed in, and it seems like it's flying better than it ever has. I might have a bit more pitch than I did before, and I think that helps a bit with the stabilty.

Other than that, I took my G4 Interlink apart, and filed down the notches on the throttle/collective stick. That is very annoying, and I finally got around to doing it. It comes setup for airplanes, I guess so you can "set it and forget it" for the throttle...LOL It's much better now, nice and smooth. Much more like the DX6i.

Supposed to get more storms today, so I'll have to fit in what I can later on.

Spent the better part of yesterday afternoon on the sim. We are dead slow at work. At least I can get some sim time in when we are slow. I have been working diligently on backwards flight, and slowly making progress.

Hope you enjoyed your day off from flying.

Glenn
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 AM

Glenn,

Good to hear the Gaui is flying good again.

It sounds like your G4 transmitter is better now.

Sorry to hear work is slow for you, but it sounds like you are getting better at backward flight on the sim.

It sounds like it is supposed to be in the 70's here today, so I might go out and fly at a field to practice inverted flight.

Nick
Old 08-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Glenn ~

Now if I could just break away from RCU, I really need to do the ratchet mod on my G4 TX also ! That thing really does have a gnarly ratchet effect... So much to do, so little time...

You really need to figure a way to film a flight with that Gaui, as I'am sure like myself there are curious gents like myself who would love to see that Gaui in action !

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 PM

well I just sold my cx2 it went for $125 which I thought wasn't bad at all, on another note I ordered myself a nice little heli for inside use comsidering in the next few months I wont be flying at the field, just because the wedding, college and we are moving finally into our own house with 3 acres, plenty of flying room, but I did go ahead and ordered myself a walkera 4#3b all alumunium head and such, sometimes im to tired to go out and fly so this is perfect for indoors, it wont be in for like 2 weeks because its coming from china, but hope is all well with everyone
Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM

also im selling one of my rc street cars, so once I get money for that next on my list is a gyro for the cp pro
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Have fun with the new helicopter when it comes.

I got back from flying at a new baseball field that is closer. I should have gone earlier in the day instead of the evening. It started to get hard to see the helicopters with the trees. It was too windy to go inverted with the CPP, but the wind didn't bother the T-Rex. I practiced 180 degree left and right flips into an inverted hover. I am getting better at the flips. Now I just need some more sim time. Once the helicopter drifted into anything but a tail in inverted hover it got kind of hard.

Nick
Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 PM

I still havent recieved my gws motor and such, hopefully tommorrw it will be here
Old 08-15-2008, 09:14 PM

Hey Jeff,

Yeah, you owe it to yourself to break away long enough to do the mod to the G4 transmitter. It's like night and day once you get it nice and smooth. I don't know why I waited so long!!

It's an easy job...I did mine by filing down the notches. Another idea I read that is not so permanent and destructive, is to slip a piece of fuel tubing over the metal arm that rides on the notched section. I didn't try this myself, so I don't know how well it would work. But it might be worth a try. I have no intention of flying planes with my G4, so it didn't bother me too much to file mine.

Unfortunately, I don't have a video camera (yet), it's on my wish list. I do have a still digital camera, that takes video, but I doubt the quality would be too great. I may give it a shot someday, maybe I'll be surprised.

Until then, you can see what the Gaui 200 is capable of, in the hands of a pro....but not me!! This is one of the most impressive RC Helicopter videos I have ever seen. The fact that it takes place in a normal size 2 car garage is absolutely amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUaa38AlKQ

My video would be rather boring in comparison, but I know that you would probably be more interested in what an "average guy" like myself could do with the Gaui...so maybe some day I'll get a video camera so I can do some vids for you guys!

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 PM

Hey Heli,

Nice going on the CX2, that is a good price, not bad at all. I would think about selling mine for that much.

Congrats on the new heli, sounds very cool...got any pics of it?

Yeah, hopefully your motor will arrive tomorrow. I have had good luck with eboytoyz so far, except one box wasn't sealed too well, but nothing got lost.

Let us know if you get the motor tomorrow, and good luck with it.

Glenn
Old 08-15-2008, 09:32 PM

Nick,

Yeah, I can relate to the trees...I have the same issue when I fly in the evenings at the horse track. The trees are a dark backdrop, and I can't see the all black tailboom and box on the CPP at all. At least with the B400, it has the yellow tail fin and stabilzer to help some.

I didn't fly tonight, I went up to the horse track kinda late, and they were actually racing, or so it appeared...there were horses on the track, and alot of cars in the lot. So, I figured best not to fly when the racing is actually taking place...don't want to be accused of startling the horses or anything, even though they are a good distance away.

I did spend a good bit of time on the sim again, and actually managed a backwards figure 8. That's right, ONE figure 8....out of about 50 tries...LOL. But, at least I did do one. I am going to need alot of practice flying backwards, I can see that. It makes me appreciate your backwards figure 8's alot more now!!

Congrats on your progress with the flips and inverted flight. I imagine it does get complicated other than in a tail in while inverted. Imagine inverted backwards flight!!

I have to work tomorrow, but I should be able to do a good bit of flying in the late afternoon/evening. The weather is supposed to be pretty good. I am planning on getting some time in with the Gaui, since the test flight seemed to go very well with it.

Hope you get some good flights in this weekend.

Glenn
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Glenn,

I should have gotten a different colored tail blades. I picked black ones and if I went with a orange or yellow it might be easier to tell the orientation.

I went to my normal baseball field and their was a game going on, so I ended up going to another one. I thought it wasn't big enough, but it turned out to be just right. I got a compliment from an older gentleman at the field about my flying. I didn't even know he was there until I landed.

Congrats on the backward figure 8 on the sim. Thanks for the compliment on my backward figure 8's. I enjoy them because it doesn't seem like a helicopter should be flying backwards. I think you will enjoy them as much as I do once you get it down in real life.

Speaking of backwards inverted flight, I was practicing that on the sim. Much Much easier on the sim than in real life. I kind of do a strait backward inverted flight right now. I do the flip to go inverted pretty far ahead of me then I go backwards to me. I also saw a move on youtube by some pros doing a piro circle. It is just doing piros while going in a circle. The helicopter isn't parallel to the ground it is more banked like a banked turn in a circle. Anyways I was practicing that on the sim and I kind of got it down. It looks pretty cool, but is hard to make it look perfect.

I am hoping to fly tomorrow, but I have to work Sunday so I probably won't fly that day.

Nick
Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Jeff,

I have another project idea for you to add to your list of things you don't have time for....LOL

I have the Gaui 200 model for the G4 downloaded to my sim....it is awesome, and it's flight characteristics are very close to the real thing!

It's a bit tricky to install and get working, but it's worth the effort, for sure, it's probably the most fun heli I have ever flown on the G4...without a doubt...

I have the files if you ever feel the need, and have some time to devote to figuring it out. It's not hard, just a bit tricky to get it working, but very nice when it's all done!

Glenn
Old 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM

Nick,

Sounds very cool that you got a compliment from the guy on the field. I have also noticed that once you are flying, you are more or less oblivious to anything else going on around you. It was somewhat distracting at the horse track when all the cars were leaving behind me...not being able to look and see what was going on.

I just got done with some backwards flight on the sim with the Gaui model. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be with that heli. I was using a huge Dominion .90 3D heli so that everything seems like slow motion. Plus it's a bigger heli, so I can keep it in view better if it strays off a bit.

At one point of my backwards flight, I accidentally got into something resembling a funnel...the heli was pointed nose up, and going in a fairly small circle pretty fast. It was cool, but I have not been able to get it to do it since. I guess that will come with more practice too...

That is a good point about the brightly colored tail rotor blades...I noticed they do offer them as well as black.

Have fun when you fly tomorrow.

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.