Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Yeah, I guess Rob has some work to do now on that monster. Those .90's are BIG. They make even a 600 look kinda medium sized...LOL

I was quite impressed with the Trex 250 up close. Nice looking heli. The weight distribution seems so much better than the Gaui V1, the motor is up front...but the tailboom is longer...so it might offset...Rob seems to like his better now that he has the tail more or less straightened out.

Yeah, I think Rob has more planes too...not too sure. I don't know how many more helis he has, I think he's got a 450 sized one with a scale type fuselage, but I haven't seen it. I know he has a CX2, and a Hirobo XRB.

Now he can add a B400 and a CPP (which he says he'll give away...LOL) to the list. I don't think he likes CPP's too much...he seemed very unimpressed by looking at mine. But we decided it was too windy for him to try it today...

I'm going to join AMA here in a bit, and order some stuff from Hobby City, a charger, that splitter thing, and some battery packs for the 500..

Glenn
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM

Nick,

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

That Outrage pack for the Gaui that I over discharged (800 mA) took 836 mA when I charged it...[X(][X(]

Not good. It seems OK voltage wise, time will tell I suppose...[]

I'll set the timer at 4 minutes now...

Glenn
Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 PM

Glenn,

It sounds like you are getting really close to being a member at your club. You should have tons of flight time with some more batteries for the 500.

Yeah I say that Outrage battery was drained just a little. 4 min is still better than the Tonic-x 5150 motor. I was getting around 3 min with that motor.[X(]

Nick
Old 04-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Nick,

Yeah, with any luck, I should be a member if not this weekend, for sure the next one. The AMA thing should be quick, but then I have to mail my application for the club in, and I'm not sure how long that takes. I have to get the AMA to FAX me a copy of my AMA membership, so I don't have to wait like 3 weeks for my card...

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly that pack went down...I guess I used to get 6 minutes because I had the headspeed set so low...

When I order these packs, that will give me a total of 4 packs (8 batteries![X(]) for the 500....that should be enough for now...

Then, I have 5 packs for the B400, and now 4 packs for the Gaui...so I think I need the other charger/splitter thing to keep up with all that!

I have totally gotten away from the Eflite stock chargers, I just don't trust them...I used to charge the 2S packs all on them....but now I'm going to use decent chargers all the time...

Hope you get your parts for the 450 soon...isn't your demo on Friday?

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Hey guys,

Well, I placed my order from Hobby City...and as usual, got some extra stuff...lol

I ended up getting the 150 watt Turnigy charger, the splitters (got 2), 4 batteries, some EC3's, and some battery checker things that looked pretty cool. Can't ever have too many of them...LOL

They have a pretty good trick going there, with the shipping deal per weight...you are paying a fortune in shipping, and it shows you how much more weight you are allowed for the price of shipping, so it lures you into looking around more for more stuff, since it's going to be the same shipping cost anyways...[X(]

I also joined the AMA. I think I'll call them, and see if they can FAX my info, so I can join my club. My club will NOT take my application without an AMA number, which they call and verify. They are really strict about that.

The AMA gave me a printabl reciept, but it does not have my permanent AMA I.D. number, so that is why I need them to FAX me the info...

How is everyone else doing on this monday?

My weather is horrible, cold, rainy, miserable, rain tomorrow all day, and some of Wednesday too..

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM

Hey Glenn,

Good new on the HC buy. Yes I noticed last time when I ordered that my cart still had like 600 grams of weight included in my order and looked every where for something else to buy but just could not.

You will be happy with the chargers and the SPLITTER THINGS as you call them . Remember to mark them if you want to 1,2 so IF you want to charge just battery rather than pull it off the charger you can and then of course change the cell count from 6 to 3.

Sounds like a winner to join your clubs. I would join out clubs here except YOU DONT have to, to fly at our fields.

Gonna hit 100 today and was 91 yesterday. Erik I left the field yesterday with at 9:30 due to public dog walkers and it was 81 then YIKES which was hot to just stand there and fly. Then I showed Erik how to finger his motor and ESC to ck temps. When I drove home one half hour later it was 91 here at home with devil winds. So today at 100 plus it should be sweet.........yea right.[&o][&o][&o][&o]

Might jump on the crashed 400 from yesterday today and get her back ready for flying. Godda make time to install my TT on the 600 too.

And the best news is SOLD the bike last night so its FREE heli's for everyone on me.................yea right, I must be shook up about the sale LMAO
Stay dry old friend.............JPEE

Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Glenn,

I almost missed the mail man. He was leaving my front door when I was pulling up. I was suprised, since he was an hour early. So I got my parts today. Yeah my demo is Friday and it looks like it will be good weather. It should be around 80 with no rain. I don't know what the wind will be like until it gets closer.

Have fun with the new goodies coming.

Good to hear you joined AMA.

JPEE,

Now you probably wish to have Glenn's and my weather.

I WILL TAKE A T-Rex 700E. I know you will be glad to send it over here with free shipping. JK

Nick

Old 04-20-2009, 12:29 PM

JPEE,

Yeah, I am thinking/hoping I will like the Turnigy charger and splitter thingies...LOL

If I can charge 4 packs in an hour, I'll be happy...2 on the Turnigy, and one each on the C505, and TP 610...if that Turnigy works as well as some say, it's going to make me regret my TP 610 for $140!

But, keep in mind, the TP 610 is backed by HORIZON, so if there is a problem, I'll have good warranty service, if it's anything like it has been so far...

The Turnigy, not so much...I doubt it would be worth it to send it back to China, shipping would be killer!

Hmmm...wonder how your fields work without AMA membership? It's mandatory at my club mainly because of insurance reasons, in case of an accident, the AMA gives you pretty good coverage, even theft insurance too, I believe, up to $1000...

Man, don't remind me of 90's and 100's....I'll take my weather just like it is...Saturday was like PERFECT, 73 or something....still a bit windy, but I'll take that over 95 and humid like in July and August. The only time I fly then is after 8PM in the evenings, and bathed in bug spray...LOL[>:]

Stay cool over there in the oven, and KEEP IT OVER THERE, thank you!!

Congrats on the bike sale. I'm easier to please than Nick, I'll settle for a Trex 250..

Nick,

Glad you caught the postman. I'll probably miss my Hobby City order again, since it's a signature requried thing, like last time, and have to go to the post office.

Hope you can get some practice in before the big day on Friday...have you found out where the demo is being held?

I called the AMA today, but they haven't processed my application yet, she said to call back later on today...

Good luck on the rebuild, hope there are no surprises...[X(]

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Glenn,

Yeah the demo is at a guys house outside of town. It is mostly fields out there, so there is plenty of space to fly.

I just finished the tail up. Now I just need to replace the main shaft bearings and install the head. Then I am going to try and get at least one flight with it today to tune the flybarless system. That is a draw back, that it needs to be tuned with different blades, but once it is tuned it is a dream to fly.

Nick
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM

I just got a couple of test flights in with the 450. I think I got the response right where I want it, but it doesn't seem as stable as it used to be. It isn't the best testing weather because it is windy, but least the 450 is flying again. The Radix blades are really quiet compared to my wooden and Rotortech blades.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Nick,

Glad you got the 450 flying again...sorry it was windy for your testing, that always makes it more difficult to judge things.

I just missed the AMA, they close at 5PM EST....I figured they'd be open until 5PM CST, and then 6PM my time...but I guess not.

Oh well, I still don't have all of the info I need to send the club membership anyways, like who to make the check out to...lol.

I sent Rob an email, so maybe I can get things rolling by tomorrow at this time.

I'd like to be able to fly at my club field this coming weekend, if possible...

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM

I still haven't gotten the dx6i back yet I have no idea what's going on
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Glenn,

I think I got the settings as close to the way I like my 450 to fly. Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer to test it out more.

Oh well, I still don't have all of the info I need to send the club membership anyways, like who to make the check out to...lol.
That might help.

Evan,

Sorry you don't have your transmitter yet.

Nick
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Nick,

Cool that you got the 450 close to where you like it...hope the weather holds for you to do some more testing/practice before Friday..

LOL, Rob wrote me back and gave me the info on the payment. I have to be "soloed" by either him or the club president before I can fly on my own on the flight line. I am guessing I have to show them that I can control/hover a heli...he said it's mainly for the plane guys, where they have to fly with an instructor...

Evan,

Sorry to hear that....[]

I would definitely call the Horizon service center tomorrow, and see what they can tell you.

Maybe they can track it down, and give you an idea of how much longer it might be...

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM

Glenn,

The weather is perfect right now, but I had an evening class I had to go to. I am charging my batteries, so I might have a chance to fly one more time. I had a pretty good test on how the SK-360 could handle wind earlier today. The gusts were up to 40MPH and it only got pushed around a little. I guess around the 10-20MPH range it hardly got pushed around at all.

You shouldn't have a problem soloing.

Oh I forgot did anyone see that this thread is in the top 15 most posted thread today?

Nick
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM

Nick,

Cool on your good weather, it's lousy here, no way to fly today or tomorrow.

That is cool on the wind, and amazing! That SK-360 sounds amazing...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a solo is just about basic controls, hovering, maybe a little forward flight or something...

So you are saying that this thread is the most today on RCU? Cool!

I didn't notice, I hope I helped...lol

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM

Glenn,

I just got back from flying. It was getting a little hard to see, so I didn't push the heli harder. It flys just like it did with the wooden blades and it looks like the flight times are back to where they were with my last set of carbons. It is creepy that the blades are so quiet. I am used to the loud cracking noises the wooden blades made and these kind of whisper when I flip it. I can see why people like the Radix blades so much.

This thread isn't the most, but it is like the 10th most posted thread today. There where like 19 posts here and the most posted one had like 33.

Nick
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM

Nick,

Cool that you got everything set up well again, and that it's back to your normal flight times...

Glad that the Radix blades are working well for you, were they expensive?

I guess they do sound different from your description...I would kinda miss the cracking noise though...it's pretty cool sounding...lol.

Good to hear that we are way up there on the post count...

I got some blades for the CPP2 from heli direct on my last order for $8....they look IDENTICAL to Eflite blades, they must be made on the same assembly line...

I haven't tried them out yet, but if you hold them to an Eflite blade, you can't tell the two apart...

Not much heli maintenance to do here, still need to put velcro on the rest of the Outrage packs for the Gaui, the ones I didn't over discharge yet..LOL

I still need to put like 4 stainless steel screws in the 500 from the missing ones in the RC screwz kit....lol..from like 2 months ago...

When Rob was test flying the B400, it had a very high frequency vibration in the tail boom/vertical fin in idle up, we're thinking tail rotor blade balance. They are chipped up a bit on the edges, might try some new ones, just to see if it makes any change...

Glenn
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

Cool that you got everything set up well again, and that it's back to your normal flight times...

Glad that the Radix blades are working well for you, were they expensive?

I guess they do sound different from your description...I would kinda miss the cracking noise though...it's pretty cool sounding...lol.

Good to hear that we are way up there on the post count...

I got some blades for the CPP2 from heli direct on my last order for $8....they look IDENTICAL to Eflite blades, they must be made on the same assembly line...

I haven't tried them out yet, but if you hold them to an Eflite blade, you can't tell the two apart...

Not much heli maintenance to do here, still need to put velcro on the rest of the Outrage packs for the Gaui, the ones I didn't over discharge yet..LOL

I still need to put like 4 stainless steel screws in the 500 from the missing ones in the RC screwz kit....lol..from like 2 months ago...

When Rob was test flying the B400, it had a very high frequency vibration in the tail boom/vertical fin in idle up, we're thinking tail rotor blade balance. They are chipped up a bit on the edges, might try some new ones, just to see if it makes any change...

Glenn
Lookie what I got today.
New CF tail blades...........perfectly balanced! $5.90
New CF rotor blades........perfectly balanced! $13.91
And my new packs. Yes Glenn I got a anemometer. I could not wait, I opened it in PO and brought it out to the parking lot as we had 98 degrees with wind today. The funny and shocking thing was I thought the wind was like 20-25 mph and it was only 7. I guess I would make a poor eye witness.

Nick, glad your back up in the air.

Honestly I am sick for Evan, I cant just imagin how frustrated and disappointed he must be.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87140.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1184365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84943.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1184366  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 PM

Glenn,

The Radix blades were $45.

Cool to hear about your CPP2 blades. That is a lot cheaper than the stock E-Flite blades.

I have been working the bugs out of my Voltmeter. I am trying to get a better resolution and there is a little quirk that happens around each Volt. I think I know how to fix it, which I am going to try out soon.

JPEE,

Cool to hear you got some more heli stuff. That is cool that the blades are balanced at that price.

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Nick,

That's not bad for the Radix blades, heck, I paid $39 for my CPP2 CF blades from my LHS! [X(]

Yes, the price is nice on those blades, my LHS wants $19.99...most other places are like $15.99...I like to support my LHS, but sometimes their prices are kinda crazy...

Cool on the voltmeter, sounds like you are down to the fine tuning stages, hope you can get the last bugs worked out soon..

I have to call the AMA this morning, and get my stuff faxed, so I can mail it today, so I can get the process started on my club.

JPEE,

Looks like some nice stuff there, you'll have to keep us posted on how it goes with the CF blades...

Yeah, my anemometer also seemed to be reading low... When I was at the field Sunday, where they have a professonal grade wind meter, I could have sworn the wind was more than it was...it said 8 MPH, I would have bet it was 13-14 MPH...so I think it's easy to over estimate wind speeds...

Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Here are my fly areas. The one is the Fly Park and the other is where I fly and a soccer fields.

Glenn, send me your anemometer and I check it against mine to see how accurate they are LOL. Honestly I did place next totwo other digital thermeters it is right on.

Nick good work on themeter, your dang near to that perfection we talked about. Leanring in class and the applying it must be really neat!

Pretty happy with these cheap HC blades. I just bought the Eflites at $33.00 and tails for $16.00 EEEEEEEEEK that more than double.

Last, here are the pictures of where I fly. The soccer fileds and the Real Fly Park. I hope you can see the lines of the soccer fileds so you can get an idea of just how huge it is.

Later
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43043.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1184566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79315.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1184567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27521.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1184568  
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM

Glenn,

I thought Horizon made sure all of their distributors sell the same stuff at the same price. So I thought the LHS couldn't increase the price of the blades if everyone is at $15.99.

I got my Voltmeter working like I wanted to last night. My controller can only do integer math, so I had to find a way to mulitply and add numbers with decimals. It took me a couple of years to finally figure out how to do that. I just don't know why mine only reads the open circuit Voltage and doesn't show the loaded Voltage once the balancer turns on like my Fluke meter does. But mine also didn't cost as much as the Fluke meter.

Then I had to limit my balance current to 300mA because the transistors were getting too hot at 1+A. If I had some heat sinks I could mess around with that, but I was suprised that 300mA worked pretty good. I should be using FET's, but I don't have any high powered ones.

JPEE,

I actually didn't learn about the stuff I am using for my Voltmeter in school yet. I did a lot of reading on the internet and used ideas from other people to design mine. However, I used what I learned in class to design my balancer and that felt great.

Good to hear you like your HC blades.

You have some big fields there.[X(]

Nick
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM

Nick,

One would think that all LHS had to sell Eflite Horizon at the same price but they don't! When I buy at HeliHobby aka Ehobby that is my best price. However, if I go walking distance from the house to my "nameless LHS" their prices are up a bit on everything. BUT they are close so the savings comes is in time gas if it is a one part buy. I generally try to keep one of every part on my helis (400's) here at the house. Then when I have a list or are in the area I buy two of each back for my stock.

JPEE
Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 AM

The weather here is amazing. I already got two flights in and plan on a lot more. This is when I need an A123 pack for the 450. Then I could be out flying every 15min on days like this.

Hope everyone has good weather to fly today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.