Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Helistyle.
Yes I have a set of those blades I bought to see if they were any good, ILOVETHEM! for the price and..............you can see them in the air.

Glenn, let me know what you did with the 400 tail IFITWORKSLOL!

Glenn.......it is 6:05 a.m. and I am leaving to meet the guys to fly! I would love to have you fly with us..... but I dont think you
would be able to crawl out from under your soft BINKIE at this time of the morning. Oh wait.................maybe you could, because you would just be getting ready to GOTOBED after your build LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Glenn, you know I was kidding........almost

JPEE
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
My Feedback: (2)

o wow glenn, a test hover with the 450

can't wait to hear the results
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 AM

Glenn,

Yeah my weather is decent and I feel good enough to go to my field, but not a 100% yet. Iam charging my batteries up now and I am going to bring my charger, so Ican spend most of the day out there. Imight bring my plane, but Ithink I want to fly the helis more.

Cool to hear your 450 is almost flight ready.

Nick
Old 05-22-2009, 01:07 PM

Hey Guys,

Glenn, hope you get your test flight in.

Heli, we want videos of you too.

Nick, SOGLAD you outta bed , good flying to ya.

JPEE
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM

:/

I don't know guys, call me crazy or not but

I really really think I enjoy the smaller helicopters better

just took the hk450 to the field and dialed it in perfect, and flew the heli like I stole it. For some reason I miss the feeling of a cp pro

I prob sound crazy right now but, its true
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 PM

To COOL heli,

Enjoy it, it will grow on ya Pal

JPEE
Old 05-22-2009, 04:26 PM

Heli what are you smokeing
Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 PM

JPEE ~

I'am not sure on the half gram scales ? I just use that one like Nick's that I think gets to .01 or something like that, and then the other scale I have is just a gram scale, and then the USPS scale for bigger stuff if need be....

I noticed weighing my 500's blades last night they were .20 grams off from each other... I never balanced them before. Lol... I'll add a tiny sticker, and get her close.

Heli ~

Congrats on your first few flights with the 450... Very addicting. Yeah I bet the CPP2 would be a blast as well. I really need to get one someday...

Evan ~

Lol..... He's smokin' lithium out there in that 450 ripping around like a tazmanian devil....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 PM

guys what is s-pcm and ppm on a fm radio?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 PM

JPEE,

Ijust got back from flying at my field. I was there for 7 hours, so that isn't a bad way to spend a day. I pretty much took all my heli related stuff there and in the process I forgot to turn off my computer. Then when Iwas about half way home Iforgot my member card and chair. Go figure. But Ihad a blast flying and just relaxing watching everyone else fly. It was pretty windy half the time and my 600 was struggling, since it lacks the power my 450 has. Iwas pulling off some new moves with all the open space, so Iwasn't scared to try them. Idid some pirouetting loops and a version of a death spiral, but using aileron controls instead of elevator. I think Igot 13 flights in. Iwas charging my 600 packs back to back and didn't need to wait for them to cool down, like LiPo's. Iwas charging them at 100+ degrees and they seemed to like it.

Now the last flight of the day with 30 seconds on the timer the 450 meets the ground. It was getting kind of dark and the heli was near the ground and Ilost the orientation. The grips flew out of the head, the elevator case is split in two, and the crown gears are stripped. The threads in the rotor housing are also stripped. Good news is the blades are fine. LOL Then good thing I did pre-flight checks on the 600 because the ball joints were backing out again. Idon't know why since I put loctite on them, so Iput more loctite on them and torqued them in.

All in all Ihad a great day.

Glenn,

KEEPYOURTT THATCANSPLITATTHEENDS!! That is going to be my next purchase, instead of the solid TT.

Helistyle,

Ihave no idea what those stand for on the FM transmitter. Ionly have used 2.4GHz.

NIck
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 PM

Hey guys,

OMG

OMG

OMG

Just got back from eating dinner, but a bit earlier, I managed to wrap up the 450 pro, it all went much faster than I expected, the ESC was already set, and I just needed to do some pitch settings, balance blades, get the final stuff on the battery mounting done, and add a tad bit of balast to the nose, it's a bit tail heavy, but I think I can (and will) cure it with some heavier battery packs, I'm just using those super light 1750 packs I got for the B400's...

So, I took it up to the horse track, it's nice there lately no one around usually...and got everythign set up, and spooled it up, and went into a hover...

Man, careful setup really pays off....it took off straight, the blades are tracking 100%, and the cyclic trim needed like 2 clicks...

I hovered it for a bit, and of course did some "testing" on it too...the thing is absolutely AMAZING!! I was floored by it...OMG...

It's got pretty much everything you would want in a 450 size heli...tons of power, very precise cyclic/collective and rudder controls, super stable hover, and just plain "feels right"...and right off the bat. It instills confidence from the very start, it's super easy to fly, and very much fun in the little bit of testing that I did do...

I have to agree with some of the guys at HF, it flies like a bigger heli than it is....not quite like a 500....but just tons better than the B400 has ever flown (to be expected, for the price difference)...

There is very little doubt in my mind that this will become my favorite, and most flown heli, hands down...not sure if I'll want to go back to the B400 after feeling this so far....they did a amazing job!

I was worried that it might be "too much" heli, but it's actually quite docile, and at the same time, feels as though it can be very aggressive as well, the cyclic response is impressive, but it does it in a very smooth way...just flies like a dream!!

Jeff, I don't know how much power and what not the Scorpion motors and such make, but I won't be hungry for any more power anytime soon, let me tell ya!!

Punchouts were extremly fast, and the tail stayed PUT...almost no movement at all....maybe 5-10 degrees on a full out punch....the thing is fairly scary sounding in idle up, and is deff ready for some 3D!!!

Only thing I see so far is that the motor does tend to run a bit hot, I didn't do the temp on it, but it was too warm to touch after about a 5 minute session of playing around...

AMAZING!! Worth every penny!!!

Glenn
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Nick,

Sounds like you had a blast today, aside from the damage to the 450...sorry to hear that, sounds kinda bad...hope you can get it put back together soon...

That is so cool that you can just charge back to back on the A123's, and not worry about them...

I did end up putting the break away TT in the 450...so it sounds like the solid one does in the gears...did it take out the front "umbrella" gears? (that's Align's name for them in the manual) That is what I am trying to avoid like the plague...that wasn't a whole lot of fun on the 500 that one time...and relatively expensive too...

I think it's great (if they work as intended) that Align offers the break away TT's....kinda surprising that they do that, especially since they are so cheap...you get a tailboom, and 2 break away TT's for like $10....and the one set of front gears is that much, and the rear set is another $9...

Plus, I'd much rather just pull out the broken TT, and go back in with a new one, just taking the tailbox off...

I'm sure I'll find out if they work or not soon enough....[X(]

Man, I can't stop thinking about the 450 Pro, it's truely an amazing little heli!!

How's the new PC coming along?

Glenn
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM

Glenn,

It sounds like you had a good flying day too. Cool to hear you like your new 450 a lot.

I just got done replacing all the stripped gears. It was actually pretty easy. Ijust split the case and put in a new crown gear. And I just used a pinion puller to take the bearings off the umbrella gear, super easy that way. Then Ijust used my drill press and found some scraps of metal and pushed the firstbearing on and the second I could put on with my fingers. It took 5min tops.It sounds like the bearings are on a lot tighter for the 500 than the 450 for the umbrella gear. The back gears survived the crash. Ichecked the gears in my elevator servo and they survived, but I just need to replace the case. Everything else seems fine execpt the rotor housing.

Ilove my new PC. It works great.

Nick
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Heli,

I know that PCM is Pulse Code Modulation, my old GMP Cobra Futaba radio had that....it's basically a fail safe device that puts the servos and what not in a pre-determined position, in case of loss of signal from the radio...somehow the RX knows when there is a loss of signal, and goes into fail safe mode. The settings are put in the RX before hand, I remember programming mine, basically cyclics at neutral, and engine (nitro) at idle...

PPM is another form of FM radio transmission that is better than just normal FM for reception I believe (don't hold me to that), but lacks the fail safe mode of PCM.

BTW, how has the FM radio been doing, any glitches or anything bad happen yet??

You are not crazy for wanting a smaller, CPP type heli, they are still lots of fun, and quite a challenge too... even the CPP2 will keep ya on your toes!!! No napping at the controls with that baby...LOL[X(]

I am still loving my B400 too, I have it flying better than ever now...

Glenn
Old 05-22-2009, 09:42 PM

Nick,

Glad the gears were easy to do, they are smaller, by quite a bit, so maybe they aren't on as tight as the 500 bearings. I don't have a pinion puller, that probably would help alot. Wonder if it would fit the 500 bearings? It might be worth getting one, who makes yours?

That is good that the gears in the servo were OK....kinda strange that the case broke, never seen that before...I guess the energy has to go somewhere, and takes the path of least resistance, like electricity...lol...

I'll still be curious to see the break away TT in action...and if it saves the gears or not...sounds like they put alot of research into how to strong/weak to make them, something about 16.5 lbs of force....I guess enough to break in a crash, but not enough to break in flight...

Glad you new PC is doing good....they are nice when they are new and problem free...

Glenn
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 PM

Glenn,

Here is the one I have.
http://www.helidirect.com/walkera-un...ler-p-3481.hdx
I don't think it is wide enough to work on the 500 bearings, but is has been very use full for other things than pulling pinions.

I finished up my heli except for the rotor housing and servo case.

Nick
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM

Hey Guys,

Nick,
Glad to you almost had THEprefect day with the exception of the 450, sorry to hear that. WOW a whole day and field, good for you. Also I hope to get to fly for that next groups of spectators too. Enjoy the new computer too! we missed your input when you were sharing dads computer.

Glenn,
Whats to say, you got any 400's for sale cheap! I am very gladyou have comepleted your heli and that it met, no wait, it exceeded your expectations. Today Lookyj asked me if I wanted to fly his ****-ed out 450 and I thought for a moment and said; if I fly this I will have to go get one, I had better not . But with that said, after a little more 3D practice with the 400's I just very well might get a 450 and sell of the three 400's . I can see by Lookyj's 450 when he spools it up and how it sounds and hovers let alone how it flies it is FAR past a 400. In time and down the road perhpas a 450 will come home with me.

Gettingout here early tonight. Tomorrow at our fly park it is JETDAY bigg-ons too. Taking the grand children boys ( a mans day out) LOL to let them see grandpa's hobby up close.
JPEE
Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 PM

JPEE,

I can see myself spending a lot of time up at my field. It is very calming when Iwas the only one there. Later in the day when people started showing up from work, they brought some BIG planes with BIGengines. There had to be a couple of planes with two cyclinder engines. And they sure made everyone turn when they started them up.

Maybe you can keep the 400's for your grandkids. That is cool that you are exposing them to the hobby. The kids that have seen me and others fly are pretty amazed by it.

Are the Jets powered by Turbines or are they electric or Nitro?

Nick
Old 05-23-2009, 05:27 AM

glenn, sounds like the 450 is a dream to fly, I am jealous

when I run into some money, whenever that is, I will deff be dishing out the money ane be getting a t-rex 450, you can tell the quality difference between my hk450 suppose to be clone, to a real t-rex. I can tell just in the align hardware, my hk450 screws strip out so easily, I just went ahead and replaced every screw with an align one.

I took the heli out for acouple more packs before it was dark, I think its growing on me now it deff is a breeze to fly. I really need to invest in some rhino batteries, the ones I am running are only 15c and are really beat from running in my rc truck, I beat the piss out of them lol

Also I think I had a radio glitch last night, it kinda just jittered out of nowhere acouple of times, I can't tell if its the fm radio, or my batteries not supplying enough power to the motor :/ it was when I was trying to do a little punchout it kinda stalled /jittered, I am going to try some of my brother inlaws flightmax 25c batteries see if that changes anything a bit, I really hope its only the batteries
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM

JPEE,

How was that Jet show?

Glenn,

Did you get to fly your 450 today?

It was pretty hot here today. Iordered my parts for my 450. I only needed the servo case and rotor block, so it wasn't an expensive crash. Then Iordered 4 more A123's to make both my 600 packs a 12S pack. Hopefully that will give me the extra power Iwant. If not, down the road Iwill cut the frame, soa Scorpion motor will fit in the frames. Iwas able to negotiate the cost of the A123 cells, so that was pretty cool. I got them cheaper than I did in the past.

Nick
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 PM

<span style="font-size: larger"><span style="color: #3366ff">I HAVE TRIED TO LOAD PIC'S 4 TIMES AND THE SITE IS BOGGED DOWN..... WILLTRY LATER ALONG WITH VIDEO.</span></span><span style="color: #3366ff">
</span>
<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: larger">

Hello Nick,

The Jet show was nice, but smaller than last year. Perhaps the economy? I have attached stills for now to let you make see the their jet engines. THEYAREJETS baby. Once my video downloadsto YT I'll come back a bit later and post that for you. Tell me what you hear? Jets or JETS!
Glade you got to fly many many times at your air park, 7 hours HOLYCOW!
Glenn, I hope you flew the 450 and some fun.

Jeff, thanks for your reply on the scale!

No flying for me today as the wind has been up.

JPEE
It has not been upgraded to HQ yes but you will get the idea. More pic's later, site still wont take uploads</span></div><span style="font-size: larger"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Y7ha5NxeQ">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Y7ha5NxeQ</a>
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Y7ha5NxeQ[/youtube]</span>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67227.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1204514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83551.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1204515  
Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 PM

JPEE,

Good to hear you liked the jet show.

Icould have easily spent all day at my flying field. I was having too much fun.

Nick
Old 05-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Hey guys,

Had to WORK today, so it basically ruined my whole day....I was BEAT tired after that, and it was hot, and windy (Nick, wasn't that your weather a couple of days ago??)....so, rather than fly while in a zombie state, I decided to pass. Saturdays are sometimes brutal, and this one was partcularly so, I was hoping it would be slow, because of the holiday, but instead, it was super busy, I had to hustle all day long, no breaks, a 5 minute lunch...ARGGHHHH[>:][>:]

That's OK, I have the rest of the weekend and Monday off, thank goodness....hope I can get some flying in, in between rain storms that are predicted...

I'll probably put connectors (finally) on those Rhino 2350 packs for the 500 tomorrow, since that was put on the back burner for the 450 build...and of course, I HAVE to watch the Indy 500 tomorrow, it's a tradition for me, so I'll do the packs while I watch that too...and the best F1 race of the year is also tomorrow, at MONACO....very cool, racing through the city streets...no margin for error, PERIOD...and the 190 MPH tunnel is super cool too...a must watch!! I'll be watching it on the DVR, however, since it is on at 7:30 AM on speed channel...NO JPEE, I WON'T BE UP THAT EARLY TO WATCH IT LIVE, thank you!! LOL

Been eyeing up some packs for the 450....some of the guys at HF like these, anybody tried them at all?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...y_Pack_w/_Conn

Kinda plain Jane lookin', but supposedly they are not bad packs...work nice in the 450...and the price is certainly right!

JPEE, I'll watch that vid in a few....

Glenn
Old 05-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Nick,

Glad your crash wasn't expensive, and you have the parts on the way...

Sounds cool on the 4 more A123's, sounds like you know the guys pretty well if you are negotiating prices...

Cool stuff...I better order those packs tonight if I'm going to...they are down to like 19 of them, and there were like 27 or so earlier when I checked tonight.

I don't see how I can go wrong, I test fitted my Eflite 2100's which are very similar in size, and they fit fine, and also took care of the tail-heavyness, since they weigh about 40 more grams...should work out nice...

Glenn
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Glenn,

Sorry to hear you had to work today.

It was really windy a couple of days ago, but I don't remember what the temp was, since Iwas stuck inside because of my cold.

Have fun testing the new batteries for the 500 if you have time and the weather is good tomorrow.

Those races sound cool. Too bad Idon't have the speed channel. My uncle does, so Iusually watch it when Iam over there.

I heard those H packs had some power, but never tested one out. Yeah those Zippy batteries go quick.

BPHobbies had a button that Icould enter a price and it would either except it or not. I entered what Ithought was a reasonable price and they excepted it. I checked their website for more buttons like it, but the only ones I could find were on A123 products. I was tempted to get 3 more for my 450, but Iwill wait until my LiPo's get old. I would rather put that money towards another charger for my 600. It was hard waiting 30min for my battery to charge.

JPEE,

Cool jet picture and Iassume the second one is of your grand kids? I will watch your vid tomorrow, since my coughing is driving me crazy right now.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.