Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Guys,

Been busy a three peckered Owl in a tree on a dark night. I just finished converting another desk top computer ATX power box into a new DC 12vt 13 amp power supply for my buddy's RC Chargers. I can get these by the truck load from a from a friend. Then I convert them for my friends, this one cost $8.00 for parts. Now they won't have to pay $69.00 to $89.00 from one over the counter at the LHS. I'll get back you guys on your things like Glenn's killer 400 especially but that will come later. Just wanted to post this while everything was at hand.

Smiles JPEE

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28718.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1271799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36270.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1271800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99026.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1271801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71373.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1271802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85088.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1271803  
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Mark,
Glad to hear you got out there a bit to limber up those thumbs LOL.

Nick,
WOW a 1,000 flights who knew? Also good to hear your Flying firends are make some changes over to heli's too.

Glenn,
So glad to read the 400 primary is flying again. Forgive me if I am repeating myself. My goodness I write here, skype, IM so sometimes I forget who I said what to...but Glenn "the checks" in the mail! That 400 of my noobs last Sunday shook itself to death just before lift off, well.......I might have the troll! I had him bring the heli this morning so I could look it over. As soon as he opened the heli tote and handed it to me "the right boom strut screw was missing" caught me eyes. I had test flown this heli after the last rebuild and whiel doing so I showed him the the U brace screw holes under the boom were stripped. So since then HE got a blue CNC U brace and installed it. Now I find one screw missing and the other very loose. As you said in a perfect world which this isnt it doesnt take much to set up a vibration. So I am betting that his slightly chipped tail rotor blades from hitting the dirt and rocks while he is trying learn to hover set up the vibration along with his loose screws to which one fell out. When I asked my pupil, did you use Loctite? he hung his and said no..........but I will next time, you betcha he will. So I did not get to it today but Friday I hope to get some screws in there and see what happens.

Heys around the house guys................JPEE
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Been busy a three peckered Owl in a tree on a dark night.
WHAT??

I just had to do that as a joke as I work with a lady that comes up with some funky phrases as well.

Mark
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM

JPEE,

Have to say very impressed with the computer power supply conversion, I looked into it some time back but got a bit lost with the wiring schematics and where to get the proper power supply. Any links or advice you can give to an electrical dummy would be great! I know I need to upgrade my current charger that I use for my lipo's considering its just the simple quick field charger from Hobbico (I know, I know) and the first thing would be to get the powersupply started on.

BTW, does anyone know if the motor upgrade that is on the CPPro2 (the high power 370 brushed) is a compatible drop in replacement for the older style 370 that comes with the original CP+ (will the 3-n-1 be able to handle it)?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. - did anyone fly today?? Got some time early this morning flying my CP and I brought my rex to fly tomorrow morning after work - so looking forward to that. Going to try a different field then the last one b/c the last one has a telephone pole (with wires) that I have to fly under in order to land, and um, yep that was my close call![X(]
Old 09-09-2009, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

JPEE,

Have to say very impressed with the computer power supply conversion, I looked into it some time back but got a bit lost with the wiring schematics and where to get the proper power supply. Any links or advice you can give to an electrical dummy would be great! I know I need to upgrade my current charger that I use for my lipo's considering its just the simple quick field charger from Hobbico (I know, I know) and the first thing would be to get the powersupply started on.

BTW, does anyone know if the motor upgrade that is on the CPPro2 (the high power 370 brushed) is a compatible drop in replacement for the older style 370 that comes with the original CP+ (will the 3-n-1 be able to handle it)?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. - did anyone fly today?? Got some time early this morning flying my CP and I brought my rex to fly tomorrow morning after work - so looking forward to that. Going to try a different field then the last one b/c the last one has a telephone pole (with wires) that I have to fly under in order to land, and um, yep that was my close call![X(]
Mark, thank you for the pat on the back. Yes I do have a referal for you. Please send me a check for $69.00 C/O of the North Pole and I post it for you. I use #1 because he has done updates. There are still surpises that come up, mostly different wire colors from companies.
JPEE

1. http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.bat...OWERSUPPLY.HTM
2. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5680951/tm.htm

Name:	Fd90900.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1272008  
Old 09-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Hey guys,

JPEE, thanks for the support on the B400...I THINK I have it down, didn't get a chance to test it today...got to the field too late, the little tots beat me to it...well, not exactly...I test flew the stocker, just to make sure that I got it all back together good, after all the parts swapping....and it flies great, thank goodness!

I'll get a chance soon enough to test it out...can't wait, it seems very responsive!! Sounds like you have your hands full with the noob...he's lucky to have a guy like you to help him out..for sure...good luck with that project! I like helping people out when I can, but I have no students over here like you do!

Mark,

I did get one flight in, as noted above....better than nothing, got the hand muscles all moving the right directions still, anyways!

The CPP2 motor is a drop in...and I think the stock 3 in 1 will be fine...I have never done that conversion yet, but it seems to me I read about someone doing it...but I don't want to say for sure...and have you ruin your 3 in one...so approach with caution!! I will say this...the new high power motor will WAKE UP that old tired CP in a big way!! They make alot more power! That, combined with the direct drive tail, is a huge improvement....Eflite did do a very nice job with the CPP2...I'll give that to them...

Watch those poles!! JPEE will tell ya all about that!! LOL..me too, I had a super close call with a light pole once...they'll get ya!

Hope everyone gets to fly and have some fun this week/end...

Glenn
Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM

Hey guys,

After this weekend, struggling with the B400, I figured I'd throw in something I think is quite funny...for a little humor...

Totally off topic, but what the hey...

Get a load of this stuff...it's how we kill the "clunkers" that get traded in...you drain the oil all out, and put this stuff in, with no oil, just this 2 quarts of "liquid glass" (sodium silicate for you chemists..)...

I just get a kick out of the label!!

Have fun!!!

Glenn

PS, sorry about the sideways one...goofed !

Name:	Om32511.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1272040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35679.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1272041  
Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Hey Glenn,

Yeah, thanks for the kink in my neck!

Actually, that's kinda interesting - liquid glass in the engine. Just out of curiosity, are all these cars they are getting going to junk yards or something?

Mark
Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 PM

JPEE,

Cool on the power supplies.

Mark,

I didn't get to fly today because it was raining off and on and I had to work. I won't be able to fly this weekend either because my club is closing down the field to install a sprinkler system for the grass run way.

Nick
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 AM

Mark,

By law, the engines have to be disabled permanently, and then the cars have to go directly to the crusher....so they say...I can't believe some of these "clunkers"....just today, we did a Ford Expedition, it was about an '03 or so....in great shape, not a dent or rust spot on it, the interior was very clean...[&o]

Nice big Ford Triton V-8, running perfectly....and then, time to bomb it...

Sure seems like a huge waste to me...someone could use that vehicle, ya know?

Anyways, I don't make the laws, I just do what they tell us...right?

Glenn
Old 09-10-2009, 03:38 AM

Hey guys,

After this weekend, struggling with the B400, I figured I'd throw in something I think is quite funny...for a little humor...

Totally off topic, but what the hey...

Get a load of this stuff...it's how we kill the "clunkers" that get traded in...you drain the oil all out, and put this stuff in, with no oil, just this 2 quarts of "liquid glass" (sodium silicate for you chemists..)...

I just get a kick out of the label!!

Have fun!!!

Glenn

Glenn ~

Crazy stuff ! I agree what a waste with the "clunkers"... Wasteful it seems !

Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 AM

Glenn,
I hear ya, seems to be a waste if they are in decent condition.

Nick,
Seems to me it may be time to get a smaller heli to fly at your local park or just some abandoned field if you have to wait for new sprinklers to be installed! [:-]

Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 AM

Mark,

I have two smaller helis, a 200 and a 450 sized. It is only going to take a couple of days for them to install the sprinklers. I don't like flying at parks because the majority of the public doesn't know how to act around them. They usually walk under them, while someone's flying or are between the pilot and the aircraft. I just like flying without having to worry about hitting someone.

Nick
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Mark ~

Nick's been there and done that with the smaller heli's.... When he got the Trex 600 ESP we all noticed he didn't look back for some reason....

Nick ~

I'am not sure if you know this, but for our Castle USB link there is a newer firmware version that just came out... ITS COOL now ! I just re-programmed the T-450, and hovered it and It runs even better ! You may need to check it out, different settings and options.

CURRENT CASTLE LINK VERSION: 3.161
RELEASE DATE: 08-05-09

"Access expanded helicopter programming and parameters for Phoenix and Phoenix HV"

Now they have an Autorotation feature so if you decide to cancel out and restart the motor it will assist. Also an audible beep in case you leave the battery plugged in forgetting. And the softstart feature now is ultra smooth ! It reminds me almost of my Jazz ESC which are known for there incredible soft start features ! You'll have to check it out... Good stuff there now. I can't wait to re-program my Funtana and the T-500 also... [8D]

Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up on the software. I don't know if I want to mess with it, since my settings are working pretty good right now. Where is the fun of bailing out of an auto.

I wasn't planning to fly today, but the weather was great. I pretty much had the field to myself until 5 and all the airplane people showed up and hogged the field.[&o] Before they came I was doing back to back flights. That heated up my battery pretty good and it started to show more power than usual. I wanted to try a fast tic toc, since the battery was performing better and it had gobs of power to do it. Usually I could only do a slow one, so the motor didn't bog down. I made it look pretty violent, but it was so much fun. I thought the heli would explode. Then most of the day I just did slow and easy aerobatics and enjoyed the day.

I was looking over my heli, while my battery was charging and I noticed the shield on my motor bearing was missing.[X(] I should get that replaced soon because it looked like junk was getting in it. I would like to get a sealed ceramic bearing from Boca to replace it, but I will probably get a normal bearing. Then that got me thinking if I should also get the parts to fix the 450, but that will take away from my 540 fund and I really want to fly that again.[&o]

Nick
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Glenn,
I seemed to have missed your post on the drop in 370 motor - I gave the guys at Horizon a call this morning just to make sure an upgraded main & tail motor combined with going from a 10C to a 25C lipo wouldn't bring the 3-N-1 to a smoky demise and they said go for it. I am glad the techs at HH finally got the Blade to work right because it is a fun little heli.

Nick,
Sorry - didn't know you had a few smaller one's in your fleet, thought maybe you sold them to fund a newer project. (Your not using your financial aid to buy heli's now are you???) Glad to hear you did get a chance to fly after all, isn't it funny how things work out?!?

I've looked at the 600 in the past but when that day comes I may go nitro for it - I do like the look of smoking up a field. Main issue with them is I do notice it takes a while for the engine to get dialed in, not to mention the cost for a gallon of fuel - I've seen some guys go through an entire gallon at one days outing. That's a thirsty bird! As I said, may go nitro.

Mark
Old 09-11-2009, 07:18 AM

Mark,

No, I am not using financial aid to buy helis. I am trying to get through college without debt and so far I have been able to do that.

It is $33 a gallon for heli fuel here. I could easily go through a gallon every flying day if I had a Nitro.

Nick
Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 AM

Guys,

I am practically done with the 540 now. The only hurdle I have left is trying to copy some of the original curves for the top from the cowl to the canopy and from the canopy to the rudder.

Name:	Ki19244.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1272954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60503.jpg
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1272955  
Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 PM

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sounds good that you got to fly despite the forecast...I like it when that happens...

The fast tic tocks must have been fun! I guess the A123's like it when they get hot? Seems so opposite of most batteries...

Sorry about your motor bearing, at least you found it in before the motor came to a screetching halt..[X(]

I still have yet to try the motor that I put new Boca bearings in a while back, got it ready, but both B400 motors are hangin' in there pretty good so far, can't feel any play in them last time I checked...

The CAD drawings look great! Hope you can get it ready before the weather gets too bad...

Mark,

Sounds good on the high output motor and the tail mods on the CP...it will make a huge difference in the way it flies!

Glad you confirmed that it should work OK with Horizon, good move...

It's chilly, windy, and raining here...supposed to get better, esp by the time Sunday gets here...I have to work tomorrow, but I'm going to take Monday off to make up for it...lol..

Take care,

Glenn
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Glenn,

Yeah the hotter A123's are the better they perform. Right before they are too hot to the touch is when they perform the best.

I heard some weird sounds before I lifted off on my last couple of flights, so I am wondering if the shield came off then or the shield was already off and causing the noises.

I won't be able to get enough money to finish the 540 before winter, so I just bought the parts I needed for the 450 and Gaui along with a ceramic bearing for the 600 motor. Now I can fly the Gaui and 450 at the indoor fun flys during the winter and work on the 540 for a winter project.

Nick
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM

Hey Nick,

Your CAD drawings really look good! Hope you get to fly the Guai and TREX 450 soon too.

It is 91 and and breezy/windy here, not flying temps. I finshed a small 6 amp power supply yesterday for a friend and today a 13 amper for another friend. It is kinda fun soldering and building, drilling the cases for the female banana connectors. Nick you will appreciate this. The female lugs are rated at 10 amps. and when you buy these power supplies "they" are rated at 20 amps. So I can see a guy melting off the bananas with a heaver load. When I build them for a heavy loads I put two ports so they are 10 amps each.
Worked on my noobs 400 again this morning and got it done and flying. The tail creeps a bit but no beig deal. Your not goiing to get much more with a stock gyro. So that was my flying today, his heli lol.

For anybody that care Hobby City has their chargers instock today, the small 50 watt and the big 150 watt and now that come with a heat sensor for safety!

Thats it here.

JPEE
Old 09-11-2009, 05:52 PM

JPEE,

So you are putting the connectors in Parallel? This might be a little more work converting all the chargers/power supplies to this, but you might try using Anderson, EC3's, or Deans connectors instead of the bannana connectors. Least you got to fly today.

Nick
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Nick,

Most chargers come with a multi basket of connectors. And all come with allagators. You can bet a banana male and unscrew the handle and there is everything you need to grip on too with the allagator. My power suplies look like this, like they come fron the LHS.

No Nick, nothing is in parallel. If I chose to there is enough separate wires inside to put 8-10 separate female banana receivers on a unit.

JPEE

Name:	Ca82353.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1273382  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 AM

JPEE ~

It looks just like mine ! Where were you back before I bought it !

Name:	Nl28286.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1273398  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Jeff,

Sorry I could not help you back then in the OLDIN DAYS!

But I see you paid $69.00 and now that is $89.00 YIKES. The power pupply above in my picture is the $69.00 unit now.

JPEE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtnpLqX3J8[/youtube]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.