Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Wow JPEE, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the crash was not too bad. The blades are the expensive part. Check the main bearings too. Those seem to go out on the 500s even in minor crashes.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 PM

JPEE,

Sorry to hear your 600 is down. The Align blades are pretty decent for easy and 3D flying and are around $60.

I replaced the dampners in my 450 and that sure made it come alive.

Nick
Old 10-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Here is my baby[][][][]

Nick, glad the 450 is alive and well and peppie too. Thanks for the poop on the blades.

Ivan, it had to happen. I go tthis heli used last Christmas or so and had never had a brush with it. HOWEVER I flew her like a queen....nice and easy and got tough on my other helis. But this was just one of those things, to much wind. I should-ah packed it up.

Is this site slow tonight? Everything I try to do is running very very slow?

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56927.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	1301931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63783.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1301932  
Old 10-25-2009, 08:30 PM

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Sorry to hear the 600 went down in the wind, at least it was only a few feet off the ground...I have seen the end result of a 600 in a big crash, when Rob brought his 600n up to the field to show it to me in a printer paper box..[X(]

Pretty spectacular when the bigger helis crash, eh?? I'll never forget the Raptor, when it self destructed before my eyes...scary stuff!!

Glad it wasn't any worse, sounds like you might get away with less than $100 damage...

Good to hear that the T-28 flew well...

Nick,

Yeah, when I was dialing in the Raptor at first, when that guy had it super break in rich, it gobbled up some fuel...fast!

That is strange that the engine would over rev, especially when it's on the rich side....that normally happens when they lean out...at any rate, the governor should take care of that issue...

Yup, just keep an eye on everything for a while, for sure, 'till you see how it's going...

That would be cool if you can make the RX batteries last until spring...I hate buying new batteries in the fall/winter, knowing they are going to be sitting for the majority of Dec, Jan, and Feb...

I have always loved that smoke... always will....sometimes, it'll get ya though, if you get a good facefull of it, it'll sting your eyes...the methanol does it...I have been to the drag races before, and when they bring a methanol powered vehicle to the line, it can really mess with your eyes...watering, I don't know how the drivers stand it sometimes...I guess Ivan can relate...

I flew the 450 Pro this afternoon, and it's flying soooo sweet now...it's as close to perfect as I can get it...flew it back to back, which helps. Flying the B400, then the 450 Pro, back to back is difficult, since they fly so much differently...takes a minute or so of the flight to adjust...

Hope you get your parts and get back in the air for some more testing soon...

Glenn

Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 PM

JPEE,

Sorry to see your 600 like that.

Yeah RCU is a little slow for me to.

Glenn,

I was also thinking it wasn't normal for it to over rev and I was just a little over half throttle. I don't know if this is the upper limit on RPMs, but the manual says the practical RPM is 2K to 20K RPMs and with a 8.6:1 gear ratio the HS would be around 2300RPMs when the engine is at 20K RPMs. So the engine had to be spinning at least 23K+ to get a 2700 HS.

Good to hear your 450 is flying good.

Nick
Old 10-25-2009, 09:41 PM

JPEE,

OUCH....that hurts...those blades look like they took a beating...nice to see that the grips kept them attached, and they didn't become missles...[X(]

Hope your rebuild goes well...

My CF blades on the Raptor almost survived...just a nick in the leading edge of one....but I would not take a chance on blades of that size letting go later on...

Nick,

I am wondering about the accuracy of the tachometer? 2700 sounds awful high, and the engine should have sounded like it was screaming at 23K...

I'd just watch it closely next time out, and see how it goes.

They will rev pretty high when they have no load on them, probably at least to 23K...but if with the load of those blades on it in a hover, seems unlikely...

Good luck with it next time out, and see how it goes now that you have a governor...

Glenn
Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Glenn,

The tachometer is pretty accurate. http://www.helidirect.com/model-avio...ter-p-7027.hdx
I will eventually figure Nitro helis out. All I remember was it was loud, but I can't remember any specifics because it was very exciting flying the heli.

Nick
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM

Nick,

Cool tach, and yeah, that should be accurate...one would think...

Nitros definitely add a bit of a challenge to the hobby....but look at any fun fly, and see what they are flying...at the fun fly I went to over the summer, it was at least 90% nitro that the pros and experts were flying.

I saw one kid flying a Trex 500, and a few 450's....but most everything was nitro.

They say electrics are going to take over....hard to believe when you see what I saw...

Good luck on the Velocity when you get it up in the air again, and keep us posted...

Yeah, when I was hovering the Raptor, and moving it around a bit, I was pretty excited too....until the big bang happened...LOL..

Glenn
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Glenn,

The tachometer is pretty accurate. http://www.helidirect.com/model-avio...ter-p-7027.hdx
I will eventually figure Nitro helis out. All I remember was it was loud, but I can't remember any specifics because it was very exciting flying the heli.

Nick
That tach will show a single set of blades at 1/2 the actual speed and at double the speed too... is it possible you were spinning 1350 RPMs and not 2700? I am pretty sure a normal speed for sick 3D on a 600 is around 2100 RPMs.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Glenn,

I only think Nitros will fade away if the price of fuel goes over $50/gallon. Then people will probably go to gas helis.

I found out the 450 motor uses the same size screw that I am missing, so I finally found my old Align motor and tried to install the screw, but it would only go in half way. So I was thinking maybe some of the threads in the spacer got stripped or half the old screw was still in there. I took another same size screw from the heli and that would go in all the way. So for some reason the motor screws aren't going in all the way. Oh well I got 5 on the way. It would have been nice if there were some extras of that screw in the spare bag.

Ivan,

Well, he used that same tach to measure my 600 headspeed which is goverened at 2000RPMs and it was correct on that. He only got a couple of seconds to measure it on my Velocity before the tail started to let go literally.

Nick
Old 10-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Has anyone seen the Three Dee Rigid flying that Mercuriell is building on Helifreak? It is a 700 sized flybarless electric heli. He said it was clocked at a 115MPH!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Nick,
I am just leaving the Helihobby and got
my 600 parts. When I bought the 600 it came with a lot of extra parts in the bag. So I had a new main gear. So right now I bought stock CF Aligns and landing gear and got out the door for $81.00. not bad I think for what could have been far worse!
Tomarrow and Wed the wind is supposed to be 50 mph here so that will be good day to rebuild/repair the 600.

Glad you found some screws that work for you.

JPEE
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM

JPEE,

That isn't that bad for a 600 crash.

Nick
Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Hey Guys,

Well I got the new skids on so I can handle big mother on the bench. I just CAed the boom struts back together, the ends had broken loose. I pulled the main shaft and rolled it on a 12" tile and she is flat as my "old" girl friends chest so we are good there. The f-shaft did not get in the least. OBTW, ya wanna hear cheap!!!!!!! That would be Align, they don't include the Allen screws with the new landing gear to lock in the skid rails now I have to
go back to the LHS for those. Next I will take out the three main bearings and give them a good look see tomorrow before I install the new main gear. Then there is just the flaybar which I will try to straighten. Oh....I did find I broke both blade grip ball link ends, split them right out! I am still very happy as to what could have happend in the minor crash

JPEE
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 PM

JPEE,

Good to hear the shafts survived. Too bad you don't have some extra of those screws.

My parts just shipped out, so they should be hear Wednesday or Thursday. Friday and Saturdays weather looks like it should be good for some more test flights. If my heli stays in one piece I will try and get some video, since I will need some soon for a school speech.

Nick
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Ivan,

Well, he used that same tach to measure my 600 headspeed which is goverened at 2000RPMs and it was correct on that. He only got a couple of seconds to measure it on my Velocity before the tail started to let go literally.

Nick
That tach is mechanical in nature. It opens up a line of sight at a programmed frequency (whatever the display states) which when synced up with the blades will show a single set of your rotor blades perfectly still. This will also occur at rotor speeds half the speed displayed and twice the speed displayed. It will also happen if the display is half the speed or twice the speed of the blades.

2700 RPMs could be just that...... or 1300 RPMs or even 5400 RPMs. 5400 RPMs would have been impossible. When shooting for 2000 RPMs, 1300 RPMs is more likely with a conservative rich tune than 2700 RPMs IMO...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM

Nick ~

Castle just came out with another firmware upgrade for our controllers 48 hours ago.... You do remember you have electric heli's right ?? ! (LMAO)..... Glad your liking your new Outrage Nitro.... [8D]
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM

Jeff,

Cool on the upgrade. Yeah I remember my electric helis. I have been flying my 450 more now, since I fixed it.

Nick
Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM

Hey guys,

Funny you should mention that, I was looknig at the ad in RC Heli about the newest CC ESC's, the ICE versions...they look pretty cool, and have some cool features, apparently with data recording...you can record and play back the flight, with all kinds of battery and motor info...with the Castle link cable thingie...

I may wait and see how those pan out before I buy a new ESC for the B0400's...no rush now with the weather coming...

Also, no hurry for me to get anything flying any time soon....I have to go in for surgery on Thursday...not looking too forward to that...it's a hernia surgery, so it's not considered major, but I have read that the recovery can be kinda brutal...[X(]

I've been packing up the heli stuff, and doing storage discharge on the packs...at least for now. I would imagine I won't be up to any flying for a few weeks, anyways...[&o]

It'll be really uncomfortable for a week or so, I'm sure, but at the same time, I'll be glad and relieved to get it over with and behind me...and look forward to next spring's flying and maybe some over-the-winter projects...

I'll be online through tomorrow night, but after that, I'm not so sure how long it'll be before I'm up and feeling well enough to log in...we'll have to see...

LOL, once I do get well enoght to type, you'll probably see a whole lot more of me around here....I'll be bored to death sitting in the house all day long...

At least I have a few gadgets around here to keep me occupied...

Glenn
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM

hey guys i sunk my nitro boat on sunday lol so i had to swim out and get it but luckily there is some foam in the nose of it so it didnt go all the way to the bottom lol but yeah the reciever in it sucks so i think im gonna replace the entire radio system because i was driving it and it just freaked out and went full throttle and took a sharp turn and flipped and then filled with water lol and its a 36 inch boat so its pretty big. but i got home and drained all the water out of the motor and then started it up and got it running again but its gonna take a while to get the electronics changed out due to lack of money right now because i bought a new car and im saving for a plane
Old 10-27-2009, 06:54 PM

Glenn, ICE LITE!! The regular ICE are heavy looking things with large heat sinks on them. ICE LITE 50 is $85.00

Hope your surgery goes well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM

Glenn,

Like Ivan said I hope you get better soon after surgery. A co-worker at my last job had a hernia surgery and I had to do all the heavy lifting for him.

Evan,

Sorry to hear about the boat.

Nick
Old 10-27-2009, 08:37 PM

haha its fine it was an experience lol
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Hey guys,

Evan,

Sorry your boat flipped out on you....literally! Sounds like it wasn't a total loss...you said you drained the motor and started it up, is it nitro?

Seems like alot of those boats use AM radio gear for some reason, is that what's up with yours?

Hope you get it rebuilt and/or the electronics, sounds like it's alot of fun...

Ivan,

Cool on the ICE LITE, that looks even better for my application, and the price is right, for sure. I think I paid $75 for the Eflite 40 amp POS I have now...

Thanks for the well wishes on the surgery, it's my first one, so I'm pretty petrified...[X(]

Nick,

Thanks for the get-well wishes....I'm thinking I can go back to work in 2-3 weeks, but only in a liimited capacity, the doc says no heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks...[&o]

Glad to hear you have been flying the 450 more now...hope your parts make it soon, so you can get back on the Velocity...

Glenn
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM

yeah the radio it came with is a stupid JR 75.045 mhz AM piece of crap lol it has always glitched and before it flipped it had been acting up i knew something bad was gonna happen because it started going in circles and then went full throttle towards the shore and then i killed the engine right before it hit so it didnt hit hard at all and then i went and retreived it started it back up and put it in the water and boom it freaked out and flipped and all that crap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.