Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

You have been lucky not needing to have surgery until now.

That would be pretty hard not being able to lifting heavy objects with your job.

I thought I picked shipping with the postal service, but I got UPS instead. The tracking said it will come Thursday. Then I will need to charge the lead acid battery over night, so I plan on flying Friday or Saturday. This was the first time I ordered something from Heliproz.

Nick
Old 10-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Hey Guys,

Nick, I am glad you have been enjoying the 450 until the Velocity is flight ready.

Evan, my heart goes out to you man........what a bad break. Perhaps I missed it but what body of water were you boating in, a lake? I am sure but once she dries and you get new electrics you'll be right back it. Good Luck my friend!

Glenn, what can I say that we havent already discussed. It's not fun....its surgery...thats why its not called fun. Take it from a guy whos had four and maybe getting a 5th pretty surgery soon. You'll do this and you'll get through it. Thank God its not something terminal, remember the old attage. "And this too shall pass" and it will, you'll be fine. I offer that if your really feeling puck after words I submit that I will be happy to post for you if you drop me line or call and I keep everyone up to day............if you need this support.

T-Rex 600 Saga,

Ivan, I pulled the main shaft bearings today and the top two were shot and the bottom was in great shape. But they sell the whole set of three so I "grease them all" and install everything new. I also got my new linkage rods end for my blade grips and literally blew out and new flybar just in case I can't straighten the bent one. A surprise...I CA glued back on the rear boom eyelets which had totally come off. Thne after gluing last night when I twisted them to check for a good bond the front were looose to, oh well more glue LOL. She should be ready for a test hover in the garage as the winds here are up there BIGTIME.

IVAN..........I just built and gave away that last computer power supply conversion today. I put two sets of bananas revievers on there because the guy has two chargers. Now he can do 4 packs at once with splitters on both chargers! oops or was that Eric that said he was building one...hummmmm.

JPEE
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 PM

Nick,

Actually, I have been foolish, and been putting the surgery off for some time now...and it's only gotten worse, so the surgery will be more involved than if I had gotten it done earlier. It's just such an unpleasant surgery(and that's putting it mildly!), alot of people put it off...but at least I'm getting it done now before it turns very serious and could result in a major emergency surgery.

Yeah, it will make my job duties pretty limited at first, but the boss says I can come in and just do mostly diagnostic work for the other guys, which I am already doing anyways...(I do my work, and have to help on all the other problem cars as well..) lol...but he says he'll take care of me in the meantime, so I don't have too much to worry about, it's a great company to work for...

I like Heliproz, have had great service from them, and quick shipping. I think they also sent my stuff UPS. I like USPS better, but UPS's tracking is outstanding, far superior to USPS tracking, which is a joke...

Hope your stuff arrives on time.

Glenn
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 PM

Glenn ~

I wish you the best for your surgery..... Dang I need to catch up on this thread some ! Yikes.... We'll be here when ya get back.... Get that Ice ESC mister !!!! You won't regret it...
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM

Jeff,

Thanks, I'll probably be here more than ever once I can get around enough to get on the PC!

Yeah, that ICE looks like the way to go...may even have to get it for the 450 Pro, and then use that Align ESC on the main B400, and then the Eflite one on the stocker...we'll see...

You havn't missed much on here from me....Nick has the main attraction with the Velicity right now! But we miss ya!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 10-28-2009, 10:49 AM

Hey Guys,

Several of the guys here fly the Hobby City FG and CF blades all of which are to thin to fit in a Blade 400 grip and some other helis too. So we have to shim them. I don't know about you all but I have looked and looked for round shims and in different thickness's to no avail. Well a guy showed me sometime ago (sorry I forgot who it was here on the forum) about using credit cards as they all come in different thinkness. Ah yes, now how do you cut them nice and round and drill a hole in "near center" TA TAH! ! ! I can tell you. I came up with idea of sharpening some EMT metal conduit. I cut a piece off of a stick about 10" long. Then I laid it on the fine stone bench grinder and coved it down to a sharp tip. Then I ran a fine file down inside to remove the burrs. On the outside I hit the side of the cutting edge with some fine emmery paper so when it penetrates the card it will pass through it smoothly. It works great, I just made 6 for a guy this morning.

Of course the goal here is to find a white or use the back side of a credit card. Then I used some redwood (soft) to hammer down on, thick rubber works too
JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73043.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1303590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99943.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1303591   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27420.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1303592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59827.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1303593  
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Glenn,
Well, I guess I may as well make my first post wishing you all the best tomorrow!

Take care, keep the postive waves going, and we will all "see" you on the flip side.
Scott
Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Scott,

Welcome to the thread. What kind of helicopter(s) do you fly?

Nick
Old 10-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Nick,

I took down the 600 to replace the main bearings. What I did not do was track the positioning of each bearing block (facing up or down) YIKE'S! What I did was, I placed them so they were smooth side inward to where the area is for the main gear goes with their two little screws that hold the bearing in the block are facing away from the main gear. The top one I placed the little screws down which gave me a smooth surface across the top facing upward towards the head. Now when I slipped on the main shaft collar it comes down into that bearing and dang near rides on the bearing holder. If I dont make it a tight fit ( pull up the shaft ) then that main gear slides down and rides on the tail post gear? I dont know if these pics will tell the story but please let me know your thoughts. It looks like this is the way because you would not want bearing's 2 and 3 with the little screws facing in towards the gear, I dont know if they'ed clear.

Thanks looking JPEE

Name:	Jh14931.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	1303815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44826.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1303816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82152.jpg
Size:	891.0 KB
ID:	1303817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13394.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1303818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67617.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1303819  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 PM

JPEE,

Since my ESP only uses two bearing blocks I don't know how they are supposed to be in the original 600's. My Velocity uses three bearing blocks, so I will say how installed those.

Starting with the top block I had the side with the full bearing exposed facing up and had the locking collar on top of that bearing. The only way the bearing could come out is through the top and the collar is holding that in place.

The middle block I have the full bearing exposed facing downwards towards the main gear. So the only way that bearing could come out is through the bottom, but the main gear will prevent that.

The bottom block I have the full bearing exposed facing upwards toward the main gear. The only way that bearing could come out is through the top and the main gear is preventing that.

With three bearing blocks you will want to leave the screws loose and move a main shaft up and down a few times to align the blocks. Then leave the main shaft in the bearings and tighten each screw like the star pattern for a car wheel. Then you can move the mainshaft up and down again to see if the bearings are still aligned. Then once the main gear is attached to the main shaft pull up on the shaft until the main gear is touching the second bearing block. Then push down on the locking collar, so there is no slop.

By the looks of your pics it looks like the top and bottom bearing blocks are upside down and I can't see the middle one.

Nick
Old 10-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Hey Scott,

Thanks much for the well wishes, I was going to email ya, but was pleasantly surprised to see your first post..

Welcome to "our" thread, and feel free to jump right in, we need some new posts, we've been kinda slackin' lately, heck, without Nick's new Velocity, we'd be pretty bored around here!

How are the helis doing? Have you had any time to play with them inbetween the big toys?

I was hoping to get a few last minute flights in today, but the wind/weather didn't cooperate...hopefully, I can still get some in after recovery, and before the snow flies...

I have really been loving/appreciating the 450 Pro alot more lately...and just more or less living with the B400's, for now...the main one is flying quite acceptably lately, so I'm happy with it...now I need an ESC for the other one, looking at the new Castle Creations stuff...

Well, don't be shy, and let us hear more about how you've been...[8D]

Glenn
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

JPEE,

Since my ESP only uses two bearing blocks I don't know how they are supposed to be in the original 600's. My Velocity uses three bearing blocks, so I will say how installed those.

Starting with the top block I had the side with the full bearing exposed facing up and had the locking collar on top of that bearing. The only way the bearing could come out is through the top and the collar is holding that in place.

The middle block I have the full bearing exposed facing downwards towards the main gear. So the only way that bearing could come out is through the bottom, but the main gear will prevent that.

The bottom block I have the full bearing exposed facing upwards toward the main gear. The only way that bearing could come out is through the top and the main gear is preventing that.

With three bearing blocks you will want to leave the screws loose and move a main shaft up and down a few times to align the blocks. Then leave the main shaft in the bearings and tighten each screw like the star pattern for a car wheel. Then you can move the mainshaft up and down again to see if the bearings are still aligned. Then once the main gear is attached to the main shaft pull up on the shaft until the main gear is touching the second bearing block. Then push down on the locking collar, so there is no slop.

By the looks of your pics it looks like the top and bottom bearing blocks are upside down and I can't see the middle one.

Nick
Nick, thanks for your reply. You made it all very clear. But I just had a stroke of luck. I was just going to take more pictures , good ones, and up close so I looked in my camera to erase anything that was on the card so my download would be fast. Guess what?......there are the pictures I posted of 600 after the crash AND I can clearly see two of the bearing blocks and they are set just like I have them now. So I am now satisfied they are in right!

Thanks again and I hope the Velostiy is coming along for you too.
JPEE
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM

JPEE, on the T500 ESP you install the top bearing block one way and the bottom the other.

On the 500 we install the top bearing block so that the bearing would be pressed in from the top and be held in place by the main shaft collar if the screws fell out. The bottom bearing block would be installed so that the bearing would be pressed in from the bottom and be held in place by the main gear if the screws fell out. On your 600, it appears that you have one more bearing block below the autorotation gear. I would assume this would go in screws up.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

I have really been loving/appreciating the 450 Pro alot more lately...and just more or less living with the B400's, for now...the main one is flying quite acceptably lately, so I'm happy with it...now I need an ESC for the other one, looking at the new Castle Creations stuff...

Glenn
I have not really flown any of my other 450s since getting the Pro!! I love that helicopter.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Glenn,

Are you supposed to get snow sometime soon? It sounds like Denver is going to get a lot of snow soon.

JPEE,

Good to hear you found some pics.

I haven't checked the status on my parts yet, but they should have arrived in town today. Then they will probably arrive tomorrow evening. I cleaned off the starter that my flying friend gave me. It has clearly been sitting around for awhile, since it had cob webs on it. It pretty much looks like new now. He also recommend that I put the Nitro fuel in a bucket to prevent it from falling over in my car, which it does because one tipped over in another guys vehicle and it managed to leak out of the container. Since I don't have a flight box I decided to put my starter equipment in the bucket and that will work out great for a free flight box. Can't beat free stuff.

Nick
Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM

JPEE, on the T500 ESP you install the top bearing block one way and the bottom the other.

On the 500 we install the top bearing block so that the bearing would be pressed in from the top and be held in place by the main shaft collar if the screws fell out. The bottom bearing block would be installed so that the bearing would be pressed in from the bottom and be held in place by the main gear if the screws fell out. On your 600, it appears that you have one more bearing block below the autorotation gear. I would assume this would go in screws up.

Glenn ~

Remember when you did yours the wrong way ! Hey, did you ever fix them the correct way like Ivan listed by chance ?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Jeff,

Thanks, I'll probably be here more than ever once I can get around enough to get on the PC!

You always have your new I-phone though....! [8D] Make sure you check in ASAP when you can though after the fact............
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Ivan, thanks for your input. Right now I have the top block in with the screw facing down. The reason is, unlike the 500 bearing blocks these do not have the for leged ring like on the 500. The screws are much closer and it is the screws head the holds the bearing in place so I cannot face the top block up. Yes your right, if there is a screw failure the bearing will fall down and let the top collar fall, but whadda ya going to do. The middle block is faced screw up towards the top bearing because the diameter of the top of the gear looks to me like it would have hit those pesky screws we are talking about. The bottom block.......wheeew.....is faced screws down and the mian shaft just come to the bottom of the underside of the block. Also all three blocks mounted this way are flush with the frame in the middle frame where the gears go (those two bearings) and the top block sits flush with the very top of the frame. This was built by Helihobby for the guy I bought it from and so far I have found everything done right and loc-tited throughout, it was a good build.

Thanks Ivan for chiming in...............I likie support everytime. JPEE

BTW these pic's blow up twice for real close ups

Name:	Kh17589.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1303978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98544.jpg
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	1303979  
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Ok............ What are ya hiding under there........?? ! (LMAO)....... Hey, I got a "custom" GY401 I'll trade for that there gyro..... Its even already gift "wrapped".......

Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Hey Mr. Peepers,

I have no idea? It was like that when I got it and she flies. I have peeked a bit under there but it looked like it was just some extra support for pulling the motor off the battery pack.

NO WAY JOS'E ARE YOU GETTING MY GRANDEEE-OSS GYRO

JPEE
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 PM

I have no idea? It was like that when I got it and she flies.

Yeah, best not to know.....! Naw, I do the same for just added security also with the electrical tape. And then to make sure it doesn't unravel, I seal the seams with a spot of CA glue... I just did this also when I soldered the -6 Scorpion and the Castle 45 amp esc in-line with each other, even with the shrinktubing on there.

Yeah I likey the gyro ! [8D]
Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Hey guys,

Ivan,

I can relate on the 450 Pro, they are so sweet, I have spent more time with mine, and have made major improvments on the way it flies...the only minor complaint I have is the gyro seems a tad bit inconsistent, I find I have to adjust the rudder trim a tiny bit, and it varies, possibly by the outdoor temperature...but that is to be expected to a certain degree...

I think I heard a new little noise last time out...wondering if the motor bearings are starting to fail again...time will tell on that...I have the Scorpion sitting here new in the box when it does...

Jeff,

Yeah, I sure do remember having the blocks on wrong, with both facing upwards...I have since corrected it, and if memory serves me correctly, the best illustration of it was with your Align CNC bearing block instructions, the ESP manual was kinda vague...

I can't remember when I corrected it, must have been when I had that nasty tailblade strike long ago.... The time I had to take the front TT box apart....uugghhh....[X(]

Yeah, I have enough gadgets here to keep me going for a while...lol...and yup, I'll get a message out to you guys ASAP once I'm back...

Nick,

That's a good idea on on the fuel...that would be a mess if it tipped over and leaked...and an expensive mess at that![X(]

LOL on the cobwebs...hey, the price was right!

No snow here anytime soon that I know of....was just figuring I'd be back playin' with the helis by the end of November hopefully, and there could be snow by then...[&o]

Hope your parts arrive in time for the weekend, and some more testing....

Glenn
Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Guys,

I just got done smoking up my backyard. My parts came and I got to test the Velocity for awhile with the governor before some rain came again. I did short flights and brought it in to see if all the screws were still in place and they were. I didn't get a good enough charge on my starter battery before my quick flight, so it had a hard time turning over the engine. The governor sounded like it was holding the RPM pretty good and I love the remote glow plug. It is so much easier to start the engine now. All I have to do is turn on the electronics, plug the glow starter in, and turn over the engine. I like that the YS engine idles good right away. I accidentally put my finger on the muffer after the flight, but it wasn't hot enough to burn it. Now I just have to let my starter battery charge, so I can start it up again and get the rest of the fuel out of the engine. It is as stable as my 600 yet once I touch the sticks it starts moving. I might go flying tomorrow and the weekend. I wonder how long it will take me to go through a gallon.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM

I just got done smoking up my backyard.

........... Kelly was like "what are you laughing at ??"....... I said, oh.... Just a friends comment here on RCU....... LMAO.... Cool Nick ! The neighbors are probably like, what the hek is going on next door....??? ! Gotta love it though ! I imagine there not as bad as I always make them out to be.... Hek, a heli is a heli right ?! Glad your enjoying it Nick......
Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 PM

Oh Nick,

I am so happy for you that you got to play a bit. Sounds like it was a hum-dinger day for you. I'll bet when you let that baby out you'll see some power you had no idea was gonna be there. Becareful, dont let that puppy get away from you now.

I spent the day finishing the 600 and re-proraming both the 500 and 600 for slow start! JEFF IF YOUR DADS KICKS LIKE MINE USED TO AND SAID IT DID THEN HE CAN CHANGE THAT.

It is amazing how close you can get your pitch with a pitch gage. The wind is still howling here so all of my work today was in the garage. I got 600 dang near dead nuts it looks like. Kinda funny whiile the garage was empty I flew the MSX in there for 5 packs...........I forgot how much fun that little bugger is. A good standby for windy and rainy days.

I sure hope Glenn got to come home today............................been ah-thinkin on him all day. Man it's tought when someone you know goes under the knife.

GLENN GET WELL[sm=wink_smile.gif]

JPEE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.