Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

It was a pretty good day to fly. I got 5 flights in and learned how to do a piro tic toc. I would have flown more, but it started to get really cold as the sun went down.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

hey guys

long time no talk, how is everyone doing?

Been very very busy, been spending alittle time over at rcgroups.com recently.

Also started working on my t-rex 250 again, almost ready for a first flight maybe next weekend
Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 PM

Hey guys,

Wow, kinda slow this weekend, eh?

I guess everyone is just recovering from Thanksgiving dinner...

Not much new going on here, way to windy to fly yesterday, but maybe later today, towards sunset.

Nick,

Glad you got some flying in, and learned some more new stuff...and your fuel didn't have to sit over the winter.

I am hoping work picks up some now that the first holiday is past...I've actually had some good weeks right before Christmas, so there is some hope..

Heli,

I was just thinking about all the old guys, you, Evan, and Carl, wondering how everyone is doing...

Cool on the Trex 250....I forgot you had one...

Hope you had a nice holiday, and can get the 250 in the air soon.

Don't be such a stranger!! We missed ya!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, what's left of it...

Glenn
Old 11-29-2009, 02:12 PM

Helistyle,

Have fun with the 250.

Glenn,

I still have half a gallon of fuel left, so I didn't get to use it all.

Nick
Old 11-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Hey Glenn, I hope the wind let up for your to fly a pack or two.

Nick, hows the project coming along. Did you figure out how to attack your problem?

Helistyle, that would be cool to get the 250 in the air. They are dang nice machines.

I just finished the 500 from a ground incursion. I must admit, not flying for 7 days straight took a toll on my thumbs.....for real. Honestly, I don't know how you guys do it when the snow flies and you don't fly for months at a time? With a set of blades and a new main gear she just passed her garage hover. Like Glenn, I have this dasterdly wind! ! ! My hopes are that it stops tomorrow and especially on Tuesday as that has become my Club field day to fly, meet and greet the group of guys my age and LISTEN and learn more about the hobby, mostly planes. These guys that have been flying since Hector was a pup as the old saying goes. You guys in the mid-west and east coast may have never heard that saying. It means a LONG time ago. LOL

JPEE
Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM

JPEE,

I decided to take a small break on my project. I need to get a book on how to design what I want to do for the glow starter and just keep working on the programming.

Sorry on the 500. I almost dumped the Velocity yesterday when I put the wrong stick movement in.

Nick
Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

How was everyone's holiday weekend? Hope you all had lots of turkey, and now the never-ending turkey sandwich.

JPEE and Nick,
Really sorry to hear that both of you had your heli's go in. Was it a bad weekend or what? Must have been something in the air. Nick, hopefully not too bad with the Velocity and JPEE, glad to hear that you already got that after repair hover done on your 500.

Glenn,
Perhaps the wind will slow down so you can get a few flights in this week.

I am still struggling with youtube - I know it doesn't take 2 hours to upload a simple 5 minute video at 7 in the morning. [:@] I even changed over to IE8 but no luck. I'll give it another shot in the morning then will try Vimeo as Glenn suggested.

I had the chance to get a few flights in with the 450 the end of last week. I also had a friendly reminder that winter is getting here as my last flight of that morning the temps were in the upper 30's - brrrr. I found that my rolls were quite sloppy because my fingers were really slow reacting, and yes I did try the stay in the car with the heater on high between batteries. But I did have a lot of fun and will have to find an old pair of gloves to cut out the fingers and see how that works out. Thanks for the tips BTW!

Mark

Nick, ooops - I misread your post. I just saw you said you almost put in your Velocity. Sorry about that.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:07 AM

Hey guys,

Not much new here, I did manage to get a couple of flights in today, but it was late, kinda getting dark, and against a treeline, on a field that I had my worst crash with the B400 ever...

So, it was not ideal, but it was fun to get out and fly again, I guess it's been a couple of weeks? I while, anyways...

JPEE,

Sorry to hear about the 500, have you test flown it fully yet?

Nick,

Sounds like a close call on the Velicity...I would not want to have to read a post about a crash with than nice heli....

Mark,

Sorry about Youtube....they have a huge database/troubleshooting area, if you feel like doing research, I think you have to find the help or support link on the page somewhere, it did help me when I was having issues with the slow motion thing with the Webbie HD and MP4 files...no fix...but at least I knew I wasn't the only one with the issue..

You may be better served to try Vimeo or one of other sites...

Hope everyone has a nice week coming up...

Glenn
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM

Mark,

I was trying a CW chaos where I did a couple of piros upright and inverted before I flip, but I haven't been doing that very long and have been doing CCW ones a lot longer. So I put in the stick command to do the CCW one and I wasn't that high off the ground.

Good you got to fly even though it was in the cold.

Glenn,

Good to hear you got a chance to fly too.

Nick
Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 PM

hey guys, figured I would be stopping in more often now, missed you guys

Had a rough day today, came to work and found out one of my work buddies passed away this weekend, very sad only 26 years old, hit a tree and was killed instantly along with his friend :/ . so needless to say I am in a spacey mood tonight. Its werid how things happen and turn out one min you are here then not. I am going to try to the strength to go to the funeral, really dislike funerals though

anyways, figured I would build some more of the t-rex tonight, setting up the link lengths per manual, let me say not as easy as it it looks, one turn off and the pitch is way out of whack. I still haven't gotten them right, I actually messed up the ball links because the threaded the rod in to much, it looks like I might have to cut down some of the links to get them threaded to the right length.

what is everyone else up to?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 PM

Helistyle,

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Be careful when cutting the pushrods. I cut one to make it shorter on my Velocity and the pushrod cut right through the plastic link.

I have been working on my power panel some more today.

Nick
Old 11-30-2009, 07:49 PM

HeliStyle,

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Working in the hospital myself I too have to see many unfortunate accidents. Just try to remember him in good times.

I had a somewhat interesting flying day this morning, wound up bringing home my rex450 in several pieces today. Seems the blades decided to come apart in mid flight so not really a pretty site. Funny thing was my timer alert was going off so I was at the end of the flight when it happened. Got some aftermath pics to share:

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28253.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1323847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15102.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1323848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77712.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1323849  
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM

Mark,

Sorry to see your 450 like that.

Nick
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 PM

Hey guys,

Heli,

Glad to see you back more often, and glad you missed us!

That would be a shock to lose someone that you know pretty well so suddenly, I am sorry for your loss...as Mark said, try to remember the good things...I hear you on the funeral thing, I would have a hard time as well. I hope you are coping OK.

The smaller helis can be a challenge to set up properly, and they are not forgiving if they are off...you'll need some patience, but you'll get it in time...let us know if we can help at all...

Mark,

Wow, that is a bummer....owwww..hate to see those knida pics!! [&o]

Any idea what happened? I see the feathering shaft there, did the grip screw back out?

I always try to know for certain what caused the failure, whenever possible, to keep it from happening again...

Sorry, and it's nothing we haven't all been through, it just sucks when it happens so near the end of the flight, and not much you can do about it when it happens suddenly...

Nick,

How is the power panel coming along?

Glenn

Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Glenn,

I just found out that the inputs I use to read external Voltages are affecting each other, so that might be part of the problem. I read on some electrical forums another person had the same problem, but his fix isn't helping my problem.

Nick
Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Nick,
Perhaps taking some time away from the project will make it clearer in the future after the holidays. I read back and saw you did get to fly and unlike me came close but did not loose it and crash.

Mark,
Any luck yet on the You Tube issue?
Yep I test hovered the 500 in the garage due to high winds. All's I have to do now is dial in my tracking and I am good to go. I am PRAYING for no wind tomorrow so I can go to the Club Field and get some stick time in and finish the 500.
Oh......... Mark, really sorry to see the 450 in that shape however, it doesn’t look that bad as it could have been.

Helistyle,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss of a co-worker. For you....what a shame to see two young men lost, it s real tragedy and for their families and now all amplified by the Holidays. Christmas will be very difficult this year for everyone.
Though I retired five years ago (I was young) my 48 year old secretary just died from Cancer two weeks ago. As I stood there with my old crew I was in dis-belief she was gone, it is never easy.
Focus on the 250 and let your other troubles just fly away.

Glenn,
I am glad you got a few flights in the spooky field, watch the boogies there , they will pull your heli out of the sky.

JPEE
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM

Yep, the feathering shaft screw backed right out. My last repair I didn't reloctite the feathering shaft screws - I just used what was already on the threads. Just one of those things I have done hundreds of times with no problems, until this morning that is. Now you know I am going to be a fanatic about that loctite from now on.

Repair isn't going to be that much of a problem - I already have a few extras of tail booms, belts, and main gears, as well as shafts. One thing I do need to do is to swap out gear sets, I know that 2 of the cyclic servo's are torn up. Will also keep an eye on my tail servo since it came clean off in the crash. Just one more hard learned lesson. [:@]

Crazy thing is I was having a very good flying morning and was nearing the end of my 5 minute flight time. Go figure.

Mark
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 PM

Mark,

Good to hear that you do know what caused the crash...that's half the battle, now you can make sure that failure doesn't happen again...

I recently discovered that loctite sort of degrades after time....I was using some and it just didn't look right, too free flowing and "liquidy"...so I got some new...and what a difference...nice deep blue, and nice consistency...just something to keep in mind...I found it, or made the connection when I noticed things coming loose that I knew I had loctited...[X(]

Good luck on the rebuild, glad you have some of the parts on hand....did it rip the servo wires out of the connector or servo? [X(]

Glenn

Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 AM

No servo wire damage - just the sound of chattering servo's with stick input.

I remember you mentioning that about the loctite. Obviously you were talking about the loctite that you still had in the bottle getting old, I wonder about the material itself after it has cured on the threads - if for example you used a fresh bottle to loc the head, do you think there would be a time to consider redoing with new loctite? After 100 flights? 200? Up to this point I really haven't had things come loose once they were freshly locked and tightened down, its the parts that you have to disassemble to check that I now feel will need a new application.

I have a question for you guys that have the 450 pro (Glenn's the only one I can think of that has one) - I've been looking at the clone that is being sold (the Tarot, its just the basic frame, head, and TT tail) and am really considering it for a basic electronics swap from my 450. I really do like the changes that Align have incorporated into the new frame (bearing block, TT, batt tray, etc) but really wish they would have come out with a barebones of it so those of us already with a 450 could do a swap and not have to feel guilty for looking to a clone. [] But, with that being said, are you happy with the 450M that comes with it - or did you upgrade the motor from the start? Do you use a 13T or 14T pinion? Also, any issues with the slightly longer tail blades? Don't fly off of grass so really not an issue there, just wondering. Thanks much!

JPEE,
I didn't try youtube for the past few days - been doing the Christmas decoration thing and getting the Christmas tree. But will give it a go in the morning. I bet you would like to see the vid from yesterday mornings crash. [X(] Hope the wind behaves so you can take your 500 for a test spin.

Mark
Old 12-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Hope this link works, had to use Vimeo.

[link=http://www.vimeo.com/7918344]Video[/link]

Mark
Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 PM

hey guys, how is everyone tonight?

Just got back from the funeral and guys it was tough, I am sure you all know how that is.
I got out to my car and just broke down, I don't do good with funerals and loosing people :/

All I can say is he was a good kid and will be missed by many

came home and tried to do some school work and that wasn't easy, only time will make things better
Maybe I'll get to the 250 again this weekend, gotta prepare for the cold weather coming though

Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Mark,

The video worked for me. It looks like you are a good flyer. Are you using a lot of collective during the flips or do you have a large dip in the throttle curve? It sounded like the HS was dropping some during the flip. You could try raising the middle part of the throttle curve and that should help you in the move.

Helistyle,

Sorry again about your friend.

Nick
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey guys,

Mark,

That is a good question on the lcotite, I have often wondered that myself. As for the stuff I have loctited with "good" loctite, I have not had anything come loose, and I know it helps to make sure the threads are very clean, alot of guys like to clean them with denatured alcohol or something similar...

As for re-doing them from a maintenance standpoint, I don't....but it would probably not be a bad idea over the cold winter months to at least check the critical ones, like blade grips, motor screws, tailboom mounts, etc...

Nice video, it came out fine...glad you got Vimeo to work at least...what kind of a camera setup are you using?

Nice flying, you are doing well with the flips and rolls...

Sorry again about the crash...

Let's see.... I am runng the 13 tooth pinion on the 450 Pro, and I am still using the stock motor....which has a pretty decent amount of power...I did have the bearing issue with the first motor, which Assurance RC/Align took care of under warranty...been fine ever since. I have a Scorpion motor standing by ready for when the Align motor bearings fail again...

The biggest drawback to that stock motor is that like most Align motors, I hear, it runs pretty hot...quite hot on warmer days...up around 145-150 F or so...

Have not noticed any particular issues with the tailblades, I didn't really notice/know that they are longer than a stock 450, since I don't own one....and knock on wood, I have not yet "touch tested" the tail yet, so I can't report on the breakaway TT that I installed on the build...it's not seen a crash yet..

Overall, I love it...the only drawback to the new design is that the servos are difficult to get to once the heli is assembled...they are tightly grouped around the main bearing block, and it's pretty tight in there...but I have had no issues at all so far...

Hey Heli,

Glad to see ya back....and yeah, I can understand about your co worker/friend, that is so sad...it will take time for that wound to heal, for sure..hang in there....

Maybe you can get the 250 in the air for a maiden before the weather gets ugly up there...

So far here, the weather has not been too bad, other than some rainy days, and some wind...no snow yet, and no ice...

Hope you guys get your helis built/rebuilt soon!

Glenn
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Hey Guys,

NO WIND! I got to fly. I was at the Club field from 9:00 to 1:00 with the Tuesday group of guys.

I flew the T-28, 400-500-600 all two flights each. I flew and Piper plane a guy and almost flew his Eflite Apprentice. Thats a big plane and powerful plane. It has nice lines and it runs very strong too.

Mark,
Great video, man you have some great flying skills there my friend. However, it always hurts to see a crash.

Heli,
What is there to say accept... hold him in your heart.

JPEE
Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Hi all,

Glenn,
Thanks for the run down on the Pro for me.

The tailblades on the regular 450 are around 59mm whereas the Pro they are 62mm, that's why I was asking.

Also, the motor you have - is it the original 430 or the updated 450M? The older one is the can-type whereas the updated one is the outrunner. I've seen reports that the M runs cooler, haven't heard any bad things with bearing issues. I've had very good luck with the stock Align motor so I probably will be going with the 450M, I know Scorpion is highly recommended but their bearing issues concern me.

Speaking of the new servo mount design - isn't it a 2-piece bearing plate that drops in as a single unit when the servo's are attached? With my 450, the servo's attach directly to the frame and I never really liked the setup. I've been watching the Finless Pro build video's and the build doesn't look very nice, some tight clearences are evident, but overall I am excited about it.

I am very happy that I finally got a video loaded - is it normal for it to take nearly 2 hours? My camera is a Canon SD750 and I have it set for 15 fps (tried the 30 fps, but the video looked grainy) with 640X480 (the other setting is 320X240 - boundary too small).

Nick,
Thank you for mentioning the throttle curve - I haven't checked them since setting them up with Finless's video's. My idle 1 was set at 100-85-80-85-100, no wonder my headspeed was sluggish in the middle ranges. I had always thought my timing was off and that was why I was having some sloppy flips that would fall off to the side, didn't consider the headspeed. Great ear from a great flyier. I already upped it to 100-95-90-95-100 and will try that when I get things fixed up.

Helistyle,
Take it easy these next few days. Conneticut is a very beautiful state - maybe getting out for a drive through the country will help. The beach is always a good idea, esp this time of the year it will be mostly quiet and you can have it all to yourself. Either way, time will heal.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.