Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

jreue,

I can't speak for the Trex 250, but the Gaui 200 I have was quite a handful when I first got it up in the air...now...Ivan says that the 250 flies 2x larger than the Gaui 200, so you may not have as much of a step up (or down, depending on how you look at it...).

You can be certain that it will be much faster, and things just happen very quickly with a smaller, powerful heli like these. I tamed mine down a bit with lower headspeeds at first via radio settings, and it helped me alot...but as always, you trade some stability for the slower reponse, so it's a trade off.

There is much less intimidation factor, since it's so much smaller...I would not want to get hit with a 400-450 sized heli (I did, once, in the shin....don't ask...lol..), but the smaller helis just don't have that "scary" factor.

I don't know if I agree with Jasmine, as far as being able to fly a 450 inverted before progressing to the smaller heli, I didn't....and now that I have more time on my 200, I enjoy it very much...it keeps my reflexes up, for sure!

I would not let those comments bother you...just take it easy, and of course use some small training gear...and try a bit lower headspeeds at first (I know this will raise alot of debate, but it worked for me!), and then slowly build up the headspeed as you get more comfortable. The lower HS will tend to just slow things down a bit, at the expense of some stability. Or, as some guys will say, just go all out to begin with, and not have to "re-learn" how to fly it with higher headspeeds later on....it's an individual thing, really.

The only way you'll find out is to try it, right? I crashed my Gaui more times than I'd like to count....but I eventually learned how to respond to it more quickly, and the best thing for me is, after I get done flying it....the B400 is a piece of cake!!

I think you'll be fine...let's see what the others say....

Glenn
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jreue

Well, got the blade 400 all back together. It's in better shape than it ever has been. The head was never right on this thing; not sure how it ever flew....Hopefully, with everything correct, it will be easier on me. Also, that new Turnigy charger I have rules. Iv'e been charging my little 110 mah batteries for my MCX and flying it around quite a bit. I spent some time doing some mods to get faster forward flight and longer flight times.

So, with those 2 helis out of the way, I can now start on the Align 250. yea!

Thing is, now I'm all doubting myself; hoping I have not gotten in over my head... I was really pumped about this 250, but I was watching the build videos made by jasmine2501 on helifreak, and he states he would not recommend this heli to anyone who does not feel 'very' comfortable with a larger heli. He mentioned that you should probably be able to fly inverted on a 450 before you take on the 250..... I know its faster and much more nimble, but should I just put it together and shelve it until I'm ultra confident with my 400? Is it 'that' difficult?

Good job on the 400. I am really glad you took the time to watch the vids and really understand how the head should be set up. That alone will get you really far in this hobby. Unfortunately, the B400 will never fly like a "nice" heli. The good thing is that when you are confident with the B400, you will be able to fly just about anything.

As far as the 250 is concerned. Fist off, I always assumed that Jasmine was a girl. I went and watched part of a vid and the hands say girl but the voice says effeminate man so I am not really sure. Anyway... I really would not worry too much about the 250. If you can hover entire packs with the B400 you will be able to do the same with the 250. I can't even hover inverted and I can fly the skunk out of my T250!! Keep the head speed down and don't set it on kill right away. 10 degrees collective and 7 cyclic and it should be fine.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM

hah, yea you are right about jasmine. It's weird, when you watch the build videos, you see the fingernails and the voice, but you just assume its a guy with a little bit of a high pitch voice. All of his videos are like that really; it was like he was this 'mystery' guy that never showed his face. hah. I then randomly came across another of his videos where he is flying his Blade and at the end, he is shown explaining how the helicopter works to a young boy and his dad. The high voice came and went. At least the mystery is put to rest!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:58 PM

Hey guys,

Ivan,

Thanks for the kind words on my wiring....it took some time and patience, trust me!

Yours looks fine, as long as it gets the job done...my B400 has the ESC side mounted on the frame, it's a large Eflite 40 amp job...a bit messy on that one for sure...

Mark,

Looking sharp so far!

I still can't get over how much that heli looks like the real thing...ya got me thinkin'....lol...

Glenn
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 PM

hah, yea you are right about jasmine. It's weird, when you watch the build videos, you see the fingernails and the voice, but you just assume its a guy with a little bit of a high pitch voice. All of his videos are like that really; it was like he was this 'mystery' guy that never showed his face. hah. I then randomly came across another of his videos where he is flying his Blade and at the end, he is shown explaining how the helicopter works to a young boy and his dad. The high voice came and went. At least the mystery is put to rest!

Check this out though..... [link=http://www.blogger.com/profile/09618734526176282409]Jasmine's profile....[/link]
Old 01-27-2010, 04:30 AM
My Feedback: (10)

jreue,
You wouldn't have bought the 250 if you didn't feel ready for it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Enjoy building it, enjoy maidening it.

If you feel it necessary - tone her down. As Glenn has said, you can lower headspeed (go with a different pinion) or just throw some flybar weights on it. You can also put some trainer type dowels and foam balls if you feel needs-be.

Be confident and know that you'll be able to handle it. First flights usually just consist of hovering and some foward flight to trim out and to get used to a new heli. You'll be fine!

Mark
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Thanks guys. Your right, I would not have bought it if I was not ready. The main reason I love this hobby is because it's so challenging; I'd get bored otherwise.

Flew the maiden flight of my Blade 400 after the massive head and tail rebuild. Iam currently uploading it to youtube. It's no more than me trimming and hovering, but I have to say, the patience paid off 10 fold. staytuned.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM

bah. will have to try youtube upload again. It took 3 hours to upload to youtube, then it aid it was rejected because it was too long. 11 minutes instead of the maximum of 10. well hell.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:42 PM

new Apple IPad announced. Looks very sweet.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM

jreue,

I saw the new iPad, I gotta wonder how that will go over....looks kinda like a huge iPod touch...I guess I'd have to see one in person and hold it....seems kinda bulky...

I'm sure it's cool though, and evidently, it can utilize most of the existing iPhone/iPod apps....which is very interesting to me, since I have quite a little collection of those!

Glenn
Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 AM

It has begun...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55662.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1366894  
Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 AM

Good Lord these parts are tiny!

Inow understand why Align helis are more expensive. The quality of engineering is just stunning.

Name:	Ax72734.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1366918  
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM

Head is done and I'm hitting the sack.

The whole thing concerning the linkages where either the 'A' or 'Align' should "point out" threw me for awile. I finally figured out 'point out' meant point out of the ball, not point outward of the head.

Anyways, she is done. Here's a pic.

Name:	Ay74798.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1366929  
Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 AM

Nice job!! How do you like the super tiny stuff so far?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM

The only thing Ihad an issue with was the set screws. The allen wrench that goes to them does not fit good at all. I think there may be a tiny imperfection on its end so it is ultra hard to even get in the hole properly.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM

The only thing I had an issue with was the set screws. The allen wrench that goes to them does not fit good at all. I think there may be a tiny imperfection on its end so it is ultra hard to even get in the hole properly.
Jreue,
The head looks great. Thos esmall screw LOL I remember when Glenn built his Gaui he cursed here every night about dropping the screws and how small they were, it was a whole new experience. Stick with it!
JPEE
Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Jreue,

I also had a hard time with the screws on my Gaui.

Guys,

I had a discount coupon from GrandRC that expired on the 31, so I decided to use it. I got a JR8717 servo combo and the G770/JR8900 combo for my T-Rex 600. I got $65 off. So when spring comes around I will have two 50 sized helis to fly.

Nick
Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Nick,

Sounds like a good move, FREE money, whats not to like? Shop till you drop!

P
Old 01-30-2010, 12:11 AM

jreue,

Looks great so far!

I figured you'd be impressed with the Align quality difference, I know I was...they cost more, but you can see why!

Keep us posted, for sure!

Nick,

Wow on the coupon, sounds like Grand RC is a good place to buy from...

Glad to hear you'll have two big helis in the air this spring!

Not much going on here, looks like I'll dodge a bullet, snow coming, but mostly south of here....wonder if Mark will get a little taste down there???[X(]

Only supposed to be 1 or 2 inches here, but it's COLD....not going over upper 20's tomorrow, but that probably feels like a spring day to you...

Glenn

Old 01-30-2010, 12:26 AM

Glenn,

Yeah I like GrandRC. I got the 450, 600, and Velocity from them. They also get stuff shipped out as fast as Helidirect.

That is good you will be missing some snow.

It took me awhile to get used to the cold, but now I am used to 20-30 degree weather and don't get cold that much.

Nick
Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 AM

Alright, who in their right mind wished snow on us below the mason-dixon line????? [>:]

Glenn, I had better not see a single snowflake fall or, or, or I'll move further south - yeah, maybe straight down to Florida. That's what I'll do. Ba,ha,ha,haha.

Actually I had lived in Ohio for 6 years before moving south and I do remember the cold winters and that darn frigid wind that would freeze ya to your bones. Have to say - don't miss it at all! I think the older you get the worse the cold does on the ole' body. Gawd, do I sound like an old geezer at the age of...36???

jreue,
the head looks good. I can imagine those tiny screws getting on your nerves - heck, I spent a good 15 minutes last night crawling around looking for a stupid M2X5mm screw that fell on the floor. Carpet does wonders hiding them.

Nick,
Are you still getting yourself birthday gifts?? Congrats on the order with GrandRC. They are a really good heli store, in my top 3. The others being Readyheli and Helidirect.

JPEE,
Have you had a chance to spend some time in your new hobby garage, definitely need some pics of it!

My build is coming along nicely. Finished the wiring and have to say it had to be the hardest part of the build. Now moving on to the TT, boom, and tail set up. Will get some pictures put up in the morning after work.

Mark
Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 AM

Morning guys,

Didn't spend any time on the 250 last night. Ipicked up an MSR swash for my MCX. The linkage posts are a few mm longer than the MCX ones. Having this, the servos can drive the swash farther in each direction, giving much faster forward flight. It's damn speedy now!

i got a question though. I have one of these Turnigy Accucell-6 charges. During the charge, there is a number in the bottom right that always starts at zero, and continues to increase throughout the charge. The manual states its a 'capacity'. Is this just an arbitary number? Ihave 3 little stock E-Flite 110 mAh batteries. 2 will get a 4.20 V, 65 capacity and one will get about 130 capacity. The first 2 get about 4 minute flight time while the former gets about a 6 minute time.

I have noticed though that the capacity number after a full charge is dropping. The charger stopped @ full where this capacity number was in the 40's this morning. Ihad a very short flight time too. Maybe 1 minute.

Are the batteries dying?

Ido have 2 unused Zippy 138 mAh batteries here that I want to try. What do I set the Amperage at on the charger. The resolution is just .1A then .2A. Is it ok if I choose .2A?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:13 AM

Here's some pictures of what I was able to do with the frame wiring. Still need to finish the tail so for now am leaving the gyro and tail wires out. Go easy on me.

Mark

Name:	Ay73462.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1367805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85268.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1367806  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM

Looking good!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:01 PM

jreue, the capacity is a read out of how much energy you are putting back into the battery. That is your single most important reading. Your flight times should be just long enough to put back 80% of the batteries rated capacity. For a 110mAh battery, this would be 88mAh. LiPo batteries have a hard time discharging beyond this point which usually ends up causing heat. Heat breaks down the chemicals that allow for energy storage and reduces overall capacity. When the chemicals break down they also increase in internal resistance which limits current flow. Internal resistance creates heat which further breaks down the battery.... vicious cycle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.