Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Mark,

I have been working on the nose in inverted, and slowly getting the hang of it more and more....but it's going to take time...I flew 6 batteries last night, and 6 again tonight.

I learned a couple of things....if your MXPX just doesn't feel right, be sure to check that the swash guide pin didn't come out of the guide itself...mine did, and it was flying like poop....but it wasn't real easy to see that it was not in place, since it was right up against the guide...

I also cured my tail wag...or at least figured out a temporary fix....I read in RC Heli about re-forming (twisting) the tail blade back into shape, i.e. putting more bend in the blades....man, it made my tail like new! Seems like I may have to do that every couple of flights, but that's easy enough...

I found out not to try to cut some types of taller grass....got some wound around the main shaft earlier tonight... Seems like it likes the short green stuff better...

My biggest problem with flying/learning inverted, is that I get mixed up when I go back to flying upright, I mess up on the throttle/collective stick at first...

Nick,

Yeah, I imagine after working on 600 class helis, the 450 seems small to tool on....you oughta try an MCPX...[X(] The feathering shaft screw is just crazy tiny....makes Gaui 200 screws look HUGE....lol... I end up using a magnetized screwdriver, and a lighted magnifying glass....

Cool on your trip out to the field....sounds like the Velocity is running and flying really well for ya...cool....

Glad you got the starter wires repaired.

It's been HOT here, feels like the middle of July....supposed to be low 90's all weekend...

JPEE,

You and your crack of dawn flying.....lol...maybe one weekend night this summer, I'll pull an all nighter, and see what it's like that early in the AM....

Hope you guys have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

Glenn
Old 05-27-2011, 06:48 AM
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

When I heard the words 'sad story' and '600' together I feared the worst. [] But I'm grateful it was just some minor repair issues that you'll be able to resolve with a quick stop at HeliHobby. You just need to take a 'timeout' from the repair (don't you just love the child reference coming from a dad? )

OTOH, the wiring issue sounds similar to a problem we have with the house we're renting in Florida...the entire house has only 120 and as you know electric dryers use 220. A major pain as to put in a 220 circuit, wiring, permit...too much for the owners to commit to. Guess during the construction gas was a big thing so its got a hookup for a gas dryer (and we are not buying a gas dryer [:-]). At least you already have the 220 in the house although its on the other side, hope the wiring goes smoothly for you.

I included some pictures of those framed screen porches I was describing for you earlier. Definitely something we'll have to consider when doing some house shopping later on.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87893.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1615225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57125.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1615226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35870.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1615227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66695.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1615228  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 AM

HeliDirect is having a '10% off Everything' memorial day sale - 27th -30th.
[link=https://helidirect.com/]https://helidirect.com/[/link]
Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 PM

James,

Thanks for posting. I had expected every LHS to run and ad like they did for Black Friday and Monday. That is where I got and extra set of 500 blades for .99 cents and more. So this year I am ready and the end of year sale for

anything big, like a 700e?

Unfortunately while 10% sounds like a lot, all that does is pays at least here in California is the sale tax[&o] But wait! ! ! ! I just left Harbor Freight and they have a sign on the door for Memorial Day that reads, 25% off one item[X(]

Glenn,

As that old commercial used to say, TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT! Pull that all nighter and smell the clean morning air and see the sun come up, honestly.... for me there's nothing like it.

Your confusion when you flip back over the heli will end once you build in the muscle memory. Sorry it has been so hot there for ya, hopefully it will cool down to something comfortable.

Cool on the tail wag deal too. But the idea of messing with the blades often to get the pitch back in them kind-ah scares me. I would fear at some point one of them little buggers is gonna come off!

Mark Mark Mark,

Thanks so very much for posting the patio enclosure pictures. The house in the 3rd picture is really nice, "me likie" but looking at the weeds it might be a foreclosure? Can I assume those pictures were taken in your neighborhood?

The area looks grand!

I decided not to run into the street along with the 600 last night because we are having a house full tomorrow for a BBQ, yard games, horse shoes and such so who would do the cooking and BBQing and clean up if I were gone?

The 600-2 is semi packed on its table and slid under the work bench until next week.

GOOD NEWS, I crawled the house attic and found the empty conduit the electrician left for me when I had the new panel put in. So that really saves me a lot of work! Made my parts list and Sunday it is and HD morning and then

back to attic before it gets hot and pull wire baby.

Regarding your dryer, if the house your renting is only wired for 120 volt then a whole new service would have to be dropped in by the local power provider and that would also "generally" require a new service panel too. Your

looking at about $2K to 2.5K hear to pull that off. You can see why the owners said " buy a gas 120 volt dryer. You guys must have used stuff like that in the Recycler there right?

Ok JPEE is outta here! I hope everyone has a great weekend

Name:	Xv64152.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	1615459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32708.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1615460  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:01 PM

John,

Sorry about your 600.

Glenn,

Sorry it is already getting hot there.

It seems like a sensor may be damaged in my mini Vbar, so I just converted my 600 back to flybar. Here is my 12S LiPo setup in the 600. I just got done doing a quick test flight in the backyard and it flies great. It still balances great even though the LiPos are lighter than my A123 setup. My motor might be over geared a little because the motor was really hot, but the batteries were really cool.

Nick

Name:	ki18462.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1616038  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:29 PM

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's Memorial Weekend is going well! And who is lucky enough to also have Monday off?!

Glenn,

You really are getting your money's worth with your mcpx...of course so am I. Glad your having better luck doing the opposite inverrted that your used to...one thing that Ivan (9sec240) mentioned in one of his posts when he was just beginning to learn nose in was that he pointed the stick in the direction he wanted the nose to go, I know that helped me the most for nose in.

I haven't had the pleasure of getting grass wound up in the head yet but I'm sure that day will come. Good tip on doing the tail rotor reform, I've had a bit of 'loose tail' also and that seemed to help. Guess you can't expect something that flexible to hold its shape indefinitely.

Interesting on the swash pin...I suppose it wouldn't be hard for it to come out of the guide if during a crash the swash was in a full right/left aerilon position. I noticed the guide was part of the canopy attachment...yours isn't bent or anything is it? If the guide was a bit bent outward that could result in the pin coming out looks like.

Sorry JPEE, but we thought about getting a gas dryer but decided against it. Not planning on staying in this house for more than a year or two so don't want to sell our current electric dryer for pennies and try to pick up a gas one just to have to sell that one later on. Hanging clothes isn't all that bad in the short interim...heck, when growing up my parents always hung clothes.

The first 2 pictures were taken in the subdivision, the other's from my flying field (subdivision under construction). Since most of it is hilly the last one's look like forclosure properties but actually b/c of the angle your seeing the construction lots which are all overgrown and not the actual backyards. Still, gives you an idea of what they look like.

Glad to hear the conduit has already been done for you, hope the wire job is just as simple. Good idea on getting up there nice and early before that sun heats it up like a toaster oven. Maybe our evening flier in MD will do an allnighter project and get to fly at 5'ish...esp now that its getting light around 5:30 I noticed yesterday.

Jroo,

Thanks for the heads up on the 10% off at HD...I think JPEE should just go ahead and get the 600 Pro FBL and that way he can report his findings back to us. I'm a bit eager for some flight reports on it. Let's see, I got a new heli...Glenn got a new heli...Nick resurrected his 450...yeah, I think its time for JPEE to get a new heli. LOL. Just poking at ya...I think you spent more than enough on your 500 and 600's to get them back in the air.

BTW James, how in the world is your mcpx??? If memory serves, you were having troubles with the flips...are they getting any better? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dang Nick, not your Vbar...Is there anything Mikado can do for repairs? Sorry you had to de-evolve back to flybars...but that 12S does look powerful.

Mark
Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 PM

Mark,

I haven't tested the sensor on my mini V-bar to see if it was actually damaged or not, but it was giving a lot of aileron when my 600 was spooling up and almost tipped it over. I was actually thinking about converting it back to flybar for awhile now. After flying flybarless for awhile I prefer the flybar. I liked trying the flybarless systems out though.

Nick
Old 05-30-2011, 03:44 PM

I bet everyone is having a great Memorial Day flying or cooking...or both.

Yesterday I had the chance to help out a fellow member I met here on RCU. He only had experience flying the mcx and msr and got himself a used trex 250 RTF. He brought it over and I looked it over and made sure it was flight worthy. We then bound his AR6100 and set up in his DX6i all the settings. I was not really all that familiar with the DX6i so some of it was a bit slow going until we got used to the DX6's format. After that things went more smoothly. I did the test spool-ups to make sure the gyro functioned correctly and then took it outside to do a few hovers. With just a bit of a tail shake it performed nicely. I did a few punchouts and some laps with it and despite the windy conditions it held nicely. I was impressed. Overall it was a great experience to help out someone moving up from the fixed pitch heli's with the included radio's...to guide someone through the programming and setup as well as going over the heli with them. I made a items list for him of things to go over and to get (hex drivers, pitch gauge, blade balancer). A nice day indeed.

Been a bit windy here so flying has been limited to the morning hours. Hope everyone is having a blast!!

Mark

Oh yeah, I did get to take out the 550 on Saturday and it was great.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Mark,

What a great day you must have had sharing your knowledge with your noob. He is very lucky in my opinion to have met you and to be taken under your wing. I too have done the same with three guys

and the rewards are great believe you me. When you see them make their first flight, or controlled hover you smile will be nearly as big as theirs.

I got my electrical job done with the help of my little women. I say that (little) because she is 4'11". Anyway, I was blessed to find a 3/4" empty conduit the contractor left up there that ran 60 feet of the

80 feet needed to hit the outside wall where needed it to come out from. Then and outside box and a disconnect box and glory be she was done and tested. We worked yesterday and then finished it today.

This old boy can still go through an attic crawl space with the best of those young wipper snappers and crawl around on my hands and knees without issue. I have a secret I'll share only with you Mark, I was blessed

with knees of "steel"! I can crawl and attic, lay floor tile and never wear knee pads, but again please don't share this with anyone else. mumms the word.

PS: I remember mother using the clothes line where I lived as a child. We still have them in house #2 and they are stored up in the garage.

And I agree, as a renter for a short time, to sell off what you have and get the pennies on the dollar would not be to anyones advantage except the guy who owns the Appliance Store in town lol.

Tomorrow is another day. HeliHobby will open at 10:30 a.m. so I will get my parts for the 600-2 and start tinkering again. The GoPRo should be getting closer by the day, Oh Boy!

Nick, sorry to hear about the V-bar. I have never flown anything but a 450 that was flybarless so I don't have a real feel for the difference. But when I get a 700 someday it will have a flybar because, they are

simpler. And I think that's a good thing in this hobby (for me) to keep it simple. At least you have the 450 an a kickass 600 12S that will still supply all of the fun and adventure even "you" can handle

Glenn, what are you up to????

Jroo, the same...............

Old 05-30-2011, 06:45 PM

Mark,

That is great you are giving back to the heli community by helping a noobie.

That is cool you got to fly the 550 again.

It has been really windy here. There have been some big branches that have been blown down. Then there is a chance of rain all week.

John,

I like how simple and easy the flybars are to setup too. It only took me a few minutes to setup the 600 head from scratch and flew great the first time.

Nick
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 AM

Hi Nick,

I agree with you on the flybar issue. Now understand I am not throwing rocks but that is one of the reasons I would not go nitro because of what you guys through with them, to me tons

of work and tuning. I am very aware of the upside to nitro being the pwer band and that it is constant and all but still, they are a lot of work it seems to me.

Have a good week
Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Nick,

I think we have a chance of rain each day this week too...20%. That usually means in Central Florida it will cloud up a bit and then get blown over the coast where it'll dump the rain...maybe it will help with some of the brush fires. Of course we aren't getting the wind you guys are experiencing...wow, broken tree branches...that's some serious wind.

I'm glad that you already finished your conversion for the 600...did you already have the original head parts to switch back or did you have to buy some? At least you didn't need a laptop to do the head setup...or was that a Skookum that required a computer to do the setup? Either way, bet its easier to check the CG with the flybar and now you can go back to KBDD paddles. Just curious as to your plans for your Vbar...

Isn't your demo coming up this month? I can't imagine flying in front of hundreds of people but when your good...hey, your good and it shows.

JPEE,

Glad you got all your wiring done and the generator up and working. You didn't make the lil'misses do any attic work did you?? And your secret will stay secret with me...right to the bee's knees!

Enjoy your trip to HeliHobby...and if you see a 700FBL, hmmm...

Yes, Sunday's outing with my Newbie (funny b/c I think he's older then me ) was really good. I was able to give some tips that I learned the hard way, esp the saftey one's when working on a live heli indoors, not to mention the bewildered look on his face when we were going through the swash setup. Back and forth between servo reversing and doing pos to neg on the swash setting to get everything moving in the right directions. And I got the chance to fly a 250 so kinda got to see what Nick, Glenn, and Jroo got with theirs (Gaui and Trex).

Got a chance to fly the mcpx this morning and had a real good time. My first few flights I just practiced my inverted stuff but with my last battery I just decided to have fun flying around...no worries. I kinda felt like JPEE with how far off I got it (not too hard with its size mind you ) and I also did straight up full throttle climb-outs to see how high I could get it. I got it pretty darn high to the point that all I could see was this little white disc with a red dot in the middle. Cool and fun too!

Hope everyone had a good time this weekend,

Mark
Old 05-31-2011, 08:20 AM

John,

For right now I am spending more time tuning my Velocity engine than flying until I get better at tuning. I will always have an electric, so I can just throw a battery in and fly.

Mark,

I heard the western part of Nebraska had winds up to 90MPH yesterday.

I still had the old flybar head. When I did the flybarless conversion I just put the flybar head on a shelf. All the links seemed to be the wrong lengths though, so I had to adjust them all. The Vbar and the Skookum needed a computer to tune them. The Skookum had some pots. for tuning, but most of it was through the computer. I use the stock flybar paddles, but I have KBDD tail blades. I might sell my Vbar, but right now it is just in a box with all my old heli electronics.

Usually my demos are coming up soon. They tell me a week in advance when they are and see if I am available. I still don't know the exact dates.

That is good you enjoyed your flights today.

I was watching smacktalks piro flip video and found out I wasn't doing full piro flips all this time. I was only doing constant half piro flips. I need to rotate further and have the nose point me in a full piro flip.

Nick
Old 05-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sorry about your V-bar....but it sounds like it didn't take much to get you go back to the flybar... What would you say is the major factor that lead you to go back? Just curious, I've been impressed with the FBL on the little MCPX, but not sure if I'd want to go that route and spend that money on a larger heli...

I'll bet the 12S has a ton of power now...lighter too....should be a lot of fun when you get it out to the field.

Hope you can get the gearing better for a cooler motor.

Mark,

That is cool that you are helping a noob out....and rewarding too as JPEE pointed out. I have been helping someone out here, but just on the phone for now....he's just getting started in CP helis...have not heard back from him, we are supposed to meet up at some point and see how his helis are going.

Thanks for the tip on the directions for nose in inverted...never really thought of it that way before, I'll have to apply it and see how it works next time out....

I don't think the frame mount or anything is bent, I think it was just a freak thing that the swash guide pin popped out of place.

Sounds like you've had a great few flights lately between the MCPX and the 550! Trying to hang with JPEE on the dot-in-the-sky heli flyin' ??!!

JPEE,

Have fun tinkering with 600-2 when you get your parts....

Keep an eye out for the big brown truck too....I'll be curious to see how the Go Pro works out for you....

Well I didn't get much flying in this weekend after all....watched motor racing most of the day Sunday (Indy 500, F1 Monaco)....then I dusted off the Gaui, charged some packs....took it out for a spin with the MCPX on Sunday night....it was OK...I see now why I don't miss it too much...lol,
the thing is a handful for sure, and it was crazy in idle up...[X(] I put it away....lol....

Then the HEATWAVE hit.....it's unbelievable hot here....for this time of year anyways....heat indexes in the 105 area, records being broken at BWI airport....it feels like walking into an oven when you go outside...just too much, too soon...

I'd expect this kind of weather in mid July, or early August....but it's way to early and way too hot already!![&o]

We are not supposed to get much relief until the weekend, and then not a whole lot, still way above average...so not sure how much flying I'm going to do until later on in the week...hopefully it will cool down a bit, at least in the evenings...last night, it was still like 83 degrees at 10 PM!

Hope everyone had a great weekend....

Glenn
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM

Glenn,

I couldn't get that locked in feeling like most people were describing with the flybarless system. It was probably just a matter of not enough experience and not enough experiementing. Then another thing was the sensors not seeming to be able to handle a crash. It could just be bad luck on my part or maybe just a Mikado thing. I crashed my 450 a few times with the Skookum and those sensors seemed to work just fine afterwards. Or maybe the 600s went down harder and damaged the sensors that way.

The day started off windy, but it calmed down a lot in the evening. I decided to take the 600 and 450 to the field. I love this 12S setup. It flips faster, it has more pop when I need it, and the flight times are longer. I was able to do continuous aileron tic tocs where my Velocity and the A123 setup struggled power wise to do them. Once I get better at tuning the Velocity engine I bet I could do continuous tic tocs too. I added about 30 seconds to the flight time and I was still at 60-70% of the capacity. There was only one other person at my field, but he was having engine problems, so I got a lot of flight time on the big airplane field.

I am not going to mess with the gearing. I thought the motor was going to get a lot hotter once I started doing 3D compared to the hovering temps, but it didn't. The headspeed seemed to stay pretty constant during the whole flight and had plenty of power to pull through moves.

Sorry you are already getting hot temps.

Nick
Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Nick,

Yeah, it seemed to me like Justin and those guys were always fiddling with fine tuning adjustments, looking for that perfect setup....I remember Justin having a laptop at the field and tuning the V-bar setup for a friend of his, looked like there are a lot of adjustment parameters, and things to try, it probably takes quite a bit of experimentation and experience to get it exactly like you want it.

That is a good point too...the potential cost of parts for any FBL setup in a crash, like if you damaged the main unit, that could start to get expensive...[X(]

That is cool that you have all that much extra power now and longer flight times as well. The Velocity should have pretty good power if you can get the tuning just right, but it may take some time. I'm not sure what engines/pipes and stuff Justin was using on his 600n, but it had gobs of power to to continuous tic-tocs and most other 3D stuff with no problem. That is cool that you had the big field almost all to yourself too....lots more fun that way....

Glad your motor temps stayed good enough not to have to give up any gearing.

Another super hot day here, but they say it may storm later, and then bring some relief towards the end of the week, maybe even some more normal low 80's....so I may hold out flying until then.

Glenn
Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Hello Mark,

After spending so much time with the mCPx lately and then moving over to the 550 it must have been a treat and require a little getting used to.

Regarding the DX6i, I like that radio but boy is it different than a DX7. On occasion when I go to use it I have to slow down and think about what I am trying to do.

Hope you got to see or at least hear the Shuttle come in???

I spoke with the pool man this morning and he is coming tomorrow to install the motor. Tomorrow morning before he comes I will cut out the old motor and pump and remove them. Then I will set in place

the new pump ( I am doing his work it seems ). Then I will run the last 4 feet of conduit to the pump and pull in the three wires and she's done. Then he will come in and do all of the PVC pipe hookup and

set up the remote key pad for setting up the motors programs for running.

Yesterday morning at 5:45 a.m. I was ready to fly at the Park with another friend. I got there and opened my radio box to find that somehow when I set it in last time the power got pushed on so the battery was

grave yard dead! It was even bloated! So I went online and of course and found both Value Hobby and HK are both out at $13.00 each. Oh but wait, if you call now we can get you one from Hobby Parts delivered and with

Sales tax for a mere $30.00 delivered...... NOT! So I am back to the old Nicad original DX7 pack which has to be charged every day before use, but it works. This morning I showed up at the Park and a freaking

Carnival arrived during the night for some community deal so we are out of there for a week. So I came back home and called my daily fly buddy and we met at the Club Field for a brief time, he had stuff to do and could not stay.

But I still got one flight each in on the 450-500-600 so I got my fix in, lol.

HeliHobby is out and B/O on my 600 belt. I suppose I could order online from someone but there's no rush. I think the god's are doing this make me install the new TT for the 600 that's been on the shelf for two

years now. It ain't gonna happen!

Am to understand your going to try and snooker me out of my height and distance records? I accept the challenge if you are........... but you'd better buy a throw away heli to practice with LMAO.

The weather here is fairly clear and brisk in the a.m. and the some clouds and breezes through the day, overall very nice. But we are to have rain over the weekend.[:'(]

Hi Nick,

Yep you can leave an E heli on the shelf for a year and she will be ready to go with battery. They are like an old mule, there when you need them and ready for hard work, lol. I do hope you get the Velocity tweaked

out the way you want her soon.

Glenn,
Here's it the latest on the brown truck:

Vernon, CA, United States 06/01/2011 6:48 A.M. Arrival Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 05/27/2011 5:57 A.M. Departure Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 05/26/2011 10:38 P.M. Arrival Scan
Tulsa, OK, United States 05/26/2011 7:21 P.M. Departure Scan
05/26/2011 6:18 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 05/26/2011 4:18 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

maybe late today or tomorrow she will arrive, I hope so.

Man you must have been the "reverse" of Mark going from larger heli's to the hummingbird size Gaui. I thought that was funny when you said, now you remember why she was on the shelf, lol. Sorry it has been hot, that's

not fun at all. Bob and I were speaking to that issue this morning saying, it won't be long before we have to fly at 6 or 7:00 a.m. so as not to damage the packs and such with the extreme day temps.

JPEE

Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM

John,

That is good you got a few flights in today.

I got a few goodies coming my way. My 450 tail keeps blowing out and my G770s have a hard time at high speeds, so I ordered a Futaba GY520 to experiment with. Then I am going to try my Spartan gyro on my big helis and see how that works. I forgot about a logitech gyro on my Gaui, so I want to experiment with that on my other helis too.

I am switching over to Hitec's 2.4GHz system. There are a few bad reviews with the DX8 where people are losing control of their aircraft and end up dumping it. The Hitec Aurora 9 is the only other transmitter that I am aware of that supports telemetry. It has been out for a year or so and I couldn't find any bad reviews about it. It has a big touch screen LCD and the software can be updated at home. The transmitter is setup with a GUI too. They have a voice system for the telemetry coming out, so that is cool. Currently they have a GPS, temp sensors, RPM sensors, and a Nitro fuel level sensor. They also have a Voltage and current sensor coming out for the electric helis. Their 2.4GHz receivers also have a built in Voltage sensor for the receiver battery.

I am also converting over to E-flite's EC connectors. I want to add spark supressors to all my helis and chargers and the EC connectors would be a lot easier to solder another connector too.

Nick
Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 PM

Guys,

Here is Flight Log I have been thinking about programming for awhile. It shows what is on the heli, what settings you have at the time, and some things about the flight. I still have a long ways to go before I would finish it.

Name:	om34468.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1618262  
Old 06-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Nick,

That sounds like quite the radio! Your flight log looks very cool and covers everything you'd want to know about your flight. I don't have time at this moment but I want to look up your radio and

read up on it a bit, it sounds very interesting to say the least with the bells and whistles! Sorry to hear you gyro wasn't holding but it sounds like with the new 520 you might have your solution

John
Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Wow Nick, that Aurora 9 looks very nice. The price isn't all that bad either.

I did find this report on it that you may want to look into...doesn't seem like too big a deal to fix: [link=http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/aurora9issues.shtml]Fix[/link]

JPEE,

Here's a link to the Aurora 9's site: [link=http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/aircraft-radios-receivers-and-accesories/aircraft/aurora9/aurora-9-2-4ghz.html]Hitec[/link]

Mark
Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Hey Guys,

I know this pilot! He is a retired big commercial pilot and flies these smaller business jets now. He lives few blocks away and is my next door neighbors best friend! As you will see this just happened 7 days and.....

they have not cleaned up his crashed plane as now another has gone off too, so there are that need to be brought up. The runway and field was made on top of a 300 foot hill above the city of Sedona AZ. Also it is not flat!

At one end there is a 1.8% pitch. No wonder these guys lose their planes. What happened to him is that his one wheel kept locking up so he would let off because it kept pulling the plane and then in the

pulled off side enough he was in the dirt and then OVER. Click on the photos most blow-up.

http://foxthepoet.blogspot.com/2011/...jet-crash.html

http://redrocknews.com/News/small-je...a-airport.html

JPEE
Old 06-03-2011, 06:57 AM

All,

It looks like my 250 is finally FIXED. I've spent some time the last few days going over every last inch of this thing, reprogrammed a new model into the DX6i, rebound, checked everything mechanically, etc. It now has the POP that it use to, no more bogging, etc.

[link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=309162]http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=309162[/link]
Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 AM

Nick,

I like your flight log, looks like you have most every parameter covered...should be nice when you are done.

Cool on the new GY 520, I'll bet you'll like that a lot!

Your new radio looks like a winner judging by these reviews;

http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-2-4GHz-...owViewpoints=1

Have fun when all the goodies come in!

JPEE,

Looks like that runway needs some improvements!

You would think they would be looking into it to keep that from happening anymore....

Glenn
Old 06-03-2011, 10:52 AM

John,

I have been making a lot of progress on my flight log program. I got all my menus working and I can create new models to keep logs on and save them. Now I need to work on the flight logs part. I want to add search and sort capabilites. I was also thinking about a stats page like the average temp of components, flight times, battery cycles, capacity used, etc.

Mark,

I saw that article a few days ago. That is a lot better issue than losing control of an aircraft.

James,

That is good your 250 is flying good again.

Glenn,

I have also been working on a Nitro version in the flight log.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.