Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

I thought it turned out good. Did you hit the watch in high quality above the number of views? That makes it look much more clear. A few of my videos turned out blurry and when I hit that button it looks nice and clear. It looked like your B400 was flying faster than my T-Rex today. I might have been flying in the wind, but yours still looks faster. I assume that was at the race track?

Jeff,

I was also thinking about using the 3500 when I saw it in an ad in RCHelimagazine. But I am pretty happy with the performance of the 9257.

Nick
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM

Nick,

Thanks for the compliment, and yeah, it sure does look better in high quality! He had the B400 moving out pretty well, the video really doesn't do it justice, the heli is covering a good deal of real estate from one end to the other.

Yeah, that's the horse track. There was no one there to bother us, it was great.

The other vids didn't take, I'll upload the one of the Gaui for Jeff, (be warned....it's not too impressive, but keep in mind the wind, you can hear it if you turn the volume up, hoping for a better vid later on, my main objective was to test the camera setup), so enjoy if it takes this time...I'll post when it's ready.

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 12:16 AM

Glenn,

That is cool that no one bothered you guys flying.

I am also interested to see the Gaui fly. It will be cool watching a normal person fly instead of a 3D master.

I should have brought the bug spray to the field. I am starting to feel the bug bites.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 AM

Nick, Jeff,

Well, for what it's worth, here is the video in the wind. When Mark and I went up later in the day, it was much less windy than in this video.

For some reason, this vid doesn't offer a high quality mode? It's not the clearest, but I managed to keep the heli in the frame for the most part.

I will have to do some better ones when I'm not rushed and it's less windy.

Yeah, Mark and I were getting eaten alive by bugs when the sun went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2KWI4WNcQE

Enjoy!

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 AM

Nick,

Scratch that...now it IS showing a high quality version....COOL !

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 AM

Nick, Jeff,

I'm pretty impressed with the video that little Flip Video cam takes...it didn't turn out too bad at all...hopefully, I will get better with following the heli as I get more experience...

Well, it's past my bedtime, gotta work tomorrow in the AM...so I'll talk to you guys soon!

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 12:42 AM

Glenn,

It looked like you were doing a great job with the Gaui and with the wind. It looked really stable. It sounded like you had to give some more throttle in a few spots because of the wind. Very cool. I can't wait to get my Gaui.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 AM

Glenn ~

That video cam is a DEFINATE keeper.... That was the best video I've seen in a longtime... Reason why, is because I do really like those little Gaui's and always curious on how they do actually fly. But it does me no justice watching 100 videos on You-tube, but it does watching a pilot you know, and in which you kind of know his skills and such... So it helps translate a lot of questions in my mind about the Gaui. It doesn't seem to awfully bad, like I may have thought.... And the wind was hitting at a pretty good clip and for something the size as our CX2's I was impressed...

Definately keep the vids coming... For me, and I'am sure Nick the same, you couldn't ever put up to many for us to watch ! Really..... Now I hope I can sleep tonight....

The struggle for me, even though I think I have my mind set now on a SE V2 is that I seem to always have smaller areas that I fly in. If it's not that, its the wind... And when I do take the Trex to an open field to fly, I lose orientation because I'll take it sometimes out a distance and it gets small quick...

The Gaui would be perfect for my smaller areas, but not the wind..... The Trex 500 would be perfect for the wind, and those little bigger areas.... The Trex SE V2 may be my 'middle man' for now at least and since I'am already equipped for the 450's and lots of extra parts in the parts bin since I have one already... So it seems I'am going there, which is fine.

Take care !

~ Jeff
Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Did anyone get to fly today? I got a couple of flights in. I did a pretty good funnel figure 8 on my second pack. It looks like my Gaui might be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I was hoping it would get here tomorrow.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM

Hey guys,

Well, thanks very much for the compliments on the Gaui video. Hopefully, I can get some better ones posted before too long. Yeah, the wind was pushing the Gaui around, and down, as Nick noted. It was also pushing the B400 down a bit in the same area to the left. Must have been a wind current there or something.

Nick, glad you got to fly, and got some funnels done too. I didn't fly, it was a bit too windy for the Gaui again, and I really want to try the higher headspeed with it. And I got caught up in the latest news on the finacial woes that are going on...not good stuff is happening right now with the economy.

That would be cool if you got the Gaui tomorrow Nick...where did you end up buying it? My tracking says that my Phoenix should be here on Wednesday, but it has a signature delivery, so hopefully, they will leave it with the next door neighbor like last time I got something like that.

I think I am going to get a MCX when my LHS gets them in either tomorrow or Thursday. I really didn't think I'd want one when I first saw it, but for $100 for a bind-n-fly, I think it might be alot of fun. To be honest, my indoor flying area at home is a bit too cramped for the CX2 and the XRB....not much room for error. I think the super small size of the MCX might be perfect. We'll see.

LOL, a bit off topic, was looking (and ONLY looking!) at the release date for the CP Pro 2....now it's pushed back to the end of October...if memory serves me correctly, it's initial release date was JUNE!!

Hey, I forgot I haven't uploaded the last of the vids from yesterday, one of the B400 kinda hovering around, practicing the helmet cam...so maybe I'll do that now.

RCU is really slow again over here for me...I hope they get it fixed soon.

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 PM

Glenn,

For the headspeed did you change the pinion or the throttle curve? I have only seen 15T pinions for the Gaui. And I couldn't change the pinion because the shaft drive runs of the lower part of the pinion. I wonder how the SD version would fly with the 15T/10T pinion compared to the 15T/9T pinion. Are you using a V-Shape throttle curve or a flat line curve?

I got my Gaui from Helidirect, so I could also get the MicroHeli mixing arms at the same time. Wow it isn't taking long for you to get the Phoenix sim.

I thought it was interesting that the servos are built into the rest of the electronics for the MCX. Let us know how it flies if you decide to get it.

Yeah E-Flite seems to be getting a rep of never having their products come out when their scheduled. I wonder if the original CX and CPP were like that.

Let us know when the vids are uploaded if you have time.

Yeah RCU is slow for me too. It has been like that all day.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM

I was just looking at my balancers and my Outrage battery doesn't stay balanced very good and my Flight Power battery does.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 PM

Nick,

When I detuned the Gaui by lowering the headspeed, I did it all with the radio. I don't think there are other pinions for the belt 200. I basically raised the pitch curve way up...and lowered the throttle curve slightly. When Mark wanted more headspeed, I just went in and lowered the pitch curve to 0,25, 50, 75,100...and the throttle curve the same...linear. This is how I tried to fly it when I first got it, and it was a bit intimidating for me. I think now though, I might like it. My only issue is that I am used to the heli lifting off at a bit above half throttle. With the above curves, it's more like 3/4 throttle before it lifts. But that would be better for transitioning to idle up I think.

I like Helidirect, I have always had good service from them. Good idea on the mixing arms, hopefully you won't need them...but it doesn't take much of an impact, as they are very soft.

Yeah, I am surprised at how quick the service is from Phoenix, they seem like a very good company.

I want to see the MCX in person, I hope they have some for display. My LHS is really stocking up on them!!! Scott, the manager, was telling me that they have about 120 RTF's coming and about 80 BNF's coming!! I don't know if they will get them all on the first shipment or not...but that's alot!!

Yeah, I am uploading the vid now...I'll let you know. Then I have to watch my favorite show...Prison Break...the DVR should be done recording it. The DVR I have is so cool...I can fast forward through all the commercials, and it's super fast, being on a hard drive, zip through the commercials in about 5 seconds...LOL...I'll bet advertisers hate DVR's!!

Let me check on that vid...and send this message...

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Nick,

It's still processing.

Yeah, when I get more comfortable with the higher headspeed, which I am determined to do, I'll have to get with you to see how to set the throttle curves for idle up...I need to start increasing the headspeed on the B400 too. I feel very comfortable now with it, and I think I could handle the increased response that higher head speed will give me.

When you watch the B400 vid, you will see that when the heli loses altitude, it takes alot of collective/throttle to get it back up in the air again...I think a higher headspeed would help alot with that.

I hope to get some flying in this week, as I am pretty sure that I am going to start on the Forester engine this weekend, and I'm not sure how much time (energy!) I will have left after that.

I am glad you decided to get the Gaui....it will be fun seeing how you can do with it, since you are quite a ways ahead of me in pilot skills. And we can share setup and repair expereiences, etc. Should be alot of fun!

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Hey guys,

Here's the B400 vid. I was concentrating more on taping than I was on flying I think, and it kinda shows..pretty sloppy in places. Hopefully, with time and practice, I can tape without thinking about it and it being a distraction.

I did manage a few nose in hovers that weren't too bad though (LOL, the highlight of the video, whoopppeee!!)

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPn6GfQiru4

Glenn
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Glenn,

Yeah I thought I should get the mixer arms right away instead of needing to replace them after a crash. But if I need spare parts after a crash I will probably go to ReadyHeli. I want to get some yellow or orange tail blades. Then I want to try the Chineese weight mod on the T-Rex with 3 M2 nuts and a M2x14 screw for each tail grip. That way seems a lot easier than having to drill in each grip.

Wow your LHS is getting a lot of MCX's. I doubt my LHS will have more than 2 or 3.

I used to watch Prison Break, but I stopped watching most of the shows I like because I had to work when they were on. Yeah that would be cool to fast forward through commercials.

If you want to get used to the negative pitch in idle up you can have a 100 75 50 75 100 throttle curve. Since you are using a linear throttle curve in normal mode you won't notice a difference when you flip the switch until you go below half stick. I used to fly that way for a long time and now I use a 100 70 100 on the T-Rex and I used to use a 100 100 100 on the CPP when I was flying it. I used to have a higher headspeed on the T-Rex, but I couldn't handle it and I had short flight times. When you learn 3D it is easier to start with the 100 50 100 headspeed then slowly increase it when you feel comfortable. You could also get a pinion with more teeth on it and keep the same throttle curve.

Hope you don't get burned out by working on the Subaru, so you are still able to fly.

Yeah I am looking forward to getting the Gaui. It will be like sharing tips with the CPP. I am probably going to have to use tamer settings than I am used too, but it will probably fly the same as the T-Rex with quicker settings. I will try and do the stuff I can do with the T-Rex and video tape it. But I am going to use the Gaui as a trainer for inverted flight mostly. And keep using the T-Rex for upright flight training.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Glenn,

Good flying there. It looked like you got some backward flight practice and piro's also in there. And your nose in hovers looked good too. Yeah I did hear the throttle increase quite a bit in one spot.

Nick
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Nick,

Thanks very much for the nice comments on the video...I appreciate it.

I just wrote a long message, and lost it.

But it seems like RCU speeded up this last log on, so maybe it's fixed.

Hope the Gaui arrives soon!

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, I'm pretty tired, as is normal for me on Mondays...my sleep patterns are horrible on the weekends, time to catch up on my sleep for the rest of the week...lol

Glenn
Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 AM

Glenn ~

I'll have to check out your video, and catch up here.... I have to head to work now, but guess what ?! I couldn't even get to RCU's website period ! From last night about 8:00 P.M. until now this morning at finally 6:00 A.M. !! Geez ! They must have got to work this morning, and realized they had to reset there servers.... AGAIN...!!!! Fix it folks ! YIKES....

It drove me mad... I could go to any website fast and easy.... RCU, It just sat there and searched with nothing.....

Alright, take care you guys......

~ Jeff
Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Glenn,

Your welcome about the comments.

I would have posted sooner, but like Jeff said I couldn't get on RCU either last night. So I gave up and was hanging out on HF and RCGroups.

Sorry to hear you lost your message.

USPS said my Gaui was in Massachusetts at 4PM yesterday. I don't know if it stayed there for the rest of the day or shipped out again.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM

Glenn,

I just found the flybarless head for the Gaui 200. http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=3868

Then [link=http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=232_233&products_id=3882]here[/link] is the gyro for the head. It also includes the gyro for the tail. It is also cheaper and smaller than Mikado's flybarless system. But I think Mikado's has more stuff you can program in.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 12:55 PM

Nick,

My Phoenix sim came in today!!!!

That is amazing, both from Phoenix, and FedEx to get it here from England to me at lunchtime today, when I placed the order on Saturday night!!

I got really lucky, and was here when the package came. It was a signature delivery, so I might have missed it if the timing hadn't been perfect.

I can't wait to try it out tonight after work...it's supposed to be rainy and windy, so it counldn't have come at a better time!

Talk to you guys later....gotta go to work...

Hope your Gaui gets there for you soon too!

Glenn

PS...and I still gotta check the LHS for the MCX tonight too!

Looks like they got RCU up and running, let's hope it lasts!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Glenn,

Cool to hear your phoenix came today. I was hoping to see my Gaui with the mail today, but it didn't come. So most likely it will be tomorrow. I am a little disappointed because I will be busy from Thursday to Saturday. So I will really have to get the Gaui flyable as soon as possible.

I called my LHS and it seems like my gears have been there for awhile. I wish they would have given me an estimate when it would arrive or at least call me when it got there. I rode my bike there trying to save on gas and use the old gas money for helicopter stuff. I have been riding every day, so one day I won't need to spend any money on gas and have more money for helicopters.

I am going to rebuild my servos with the gears that were stripped right now. I decided to use the G90 since you are using the G110 just fine on your Gaui and the G90 is a lot smaller than my GY240.

Nick
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM

I am a little upset. I ordered 9 S60 gear sets and two of the gears in all the packs aren't even the same as the ones in the S60 servo. And they aren't the same as the picture on E-Flite's website. And go figure those are the gears I need too. I am going to see if I can use the gears I need out of the S75's and put it into the S60.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Glenn,

Do you know if the S75 or DS285 servos would fit in the Gaui?

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.