Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 Spektrum Ultra Micro Singing Servo Noise >

Spektrum Ultra Micro Singing Servo Noise

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Spektrum Ultra Micro Singing Servo Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Ultra Micro Singing Servo Noise

Do all three of these ultra micro servos emit the same similar constant intermittent noise?

Wondering if the 1.7g & 2.3g linear long throws are quieter than the SMP6832 or vica versa

Spektrum SPM6832 (2 used in the UMF-27Q Stryker & 2 used in UMX Sbach)
Spektrum 1.7g Linear Long Throw SPMAS2000L (2 used in UMF-27Q & 2 used in UMX Sbach
SpeKtrum 2.3g Linear Long Throw SPMSA2039L (4 used in UMX Beast)

I have the UM F-27Q Stryker and wondering if those that may also have the Sbach or Beast notice any difference in frequency of emitted noise levels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16770.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1757063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53042.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1757064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37132.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1757065  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Ultra Micro Singing Servo Noise

Hey, with the AS3X birds close at hand for an inspection, powered up, there's so much noise going on I can't tell what's what to isolate a source. If you're like me, as long as they work and don't stick they're absolutely teriffic.When they stick they're the scourge of the earth. For light weight, they're a marvel but the "worm" gear is maybe the complete weak link here.Creatingan alternative to eliminate the slot connection from motor to the control rod altogether is thecrux. I'm thinking a direct gear connection.Gotta be something less problematic.....Gotta love these little "problems".