Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Axi 2204/54 squeal

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axi 2204/54 squeal

What timing should be programmed for the Pheonix 10 esc and AXI 2204/54 outrunner motors on 2 cell lithium packs? We have a soft start, no brake, 5.1 cutoff, and normal advance settings.

A group of us just bought 7 such combos and have been experiencing a loud screaming sound coming from the motors up through about 1/3 throttle.

The first motor doesn't make the noise any longer, but was noticably noise during the first 4 battery packs. We initially just thought these motors had a different sound than the larger Axi motors. We are wondering if this is a timing issue, a motor break-in process, or something else.

Two more power systems are showing the same symptoms now.

I have purchased the Pheonix Link programmer and downloaded the latest software.

Tyler
Old 10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Ziv

Default RE: Axi 2204/54 squeal

I have same combination of setting and I did not have any problem. My airplane’s weight is 130 g. and I fly it mostly on 1/3 throttle with APC 7/5 prop. Bigger prop pulls too much amperage.

Ziv.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM

This happened to all my AXI's when I updated to Version 1.161 software. I went back through all versions to Version 1.14 (which is what I started with) and all was good again...
I havnt tried Version 1.22 yet, maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow. I meant to try different timing settings to see if that fix's it, but havnt had enough time yet. Version 1.14 works great for the moment.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Yep...it is the software version......
I called CC and they were helpful...
go back one version of the software
(1.14) it will disappear......

I have not tried the new version yet (1.22) didn't even know it was out there