Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air attack

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air attack

For Christmas, I got my older brother a wattage micro flyer. It flies great and he likes it. The other evening he was down at the school yard flying it, when all of a sudden a big Red Tail hawk came out of nowhere and flew right at his plane thinking it was a slow flying bird (food). The hawk got inches away and slowed its flight by flapping its wings real hard. The gust of wind from its wings caused the plane to go down with the hawk right on its tail. His plane crashed and the hawk landed right next to it just staring at it wondering what the heck it was. Can I eat that? He eventually figured out it wasn't food and flew off. Has anyone else ever seen this? I think I'll go with him next time he flies it with a video cam and see if we can't lure another hawk in. We have a lot of these Red Tails in the area so the chances of it happening again are there.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:51 AM

Default RE: Air attack

That sounds cool. I have a friend that lives in Australia and he had a giant bird chase his glow airplane one day. Same thing happened. He had the power down and the bird that it was lunch. The bird attacked the plane in the air and then realized that it wasn't eatable. The plane survived with only a few scraps.

Bevo
Old 12-31-2005, 12:11 PM

Default RE: Air attack

Thats so cool. I've taken my Thunderbird heli and attacked the little birds out front of my house.