Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Live Wire

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Live Wire

Was looking at March issue of RCM and came across an add for Wattage Live Wire...this looks like it might be just what I was looking for to fly indoors. It looks like a Crazy Max wing and a widebody 3D style fuse. Comes with a 370 motor and gearbox. I'm thinking a Hacker B20/gearbox setup would probably get in the hovering range. Any opinions?? TIA

Ron
Old 02-01-2003, 06:39 AM

Default Live Wire

I have not heard of this plane. Is it out yet? I would love to see a plane that flies like the Crazy MAx with a bigger fuse for knife edges and have more room for radio gear. Where can I read more about this plane on Line? The CM has plenty of power, but I was considering upgrading to the hacker motor for longer run times. Posted a thread asking if any have has experience with brushless upgrades, but have not gotten any responses yet.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:43 PM

Default live wire

I dont think its out yet..Hobby People has it listed for 69.00 but no additional info and its on backorder. Like I said it is the March issue of RCM and its only Feb. I'm thinking when they do come out there going to sell like hotcakes eh? 8^)

Ron
Old 02-16-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Live Wire

Hey flatspin,
I flipped through the March issue at my local hobby shop and did not see it, maybe I will actually buy the magazine and look a little closer. I have a crazy max and love it, but wish the fuse was bigger. I am almost done with a custom fuselage. I also recently ordered a hacker B20 26L direct drive and plan on using the factory gearbox like the hacker website suggests. Do you have any experience with hacker upgrades? If so, do you think this is the right size for the job?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2003, 11:27 PM

Default Live wire

Just go to the Hobby People website. I have mine in the basement waiting for assembley. I hope to have it together by next weekend to fly indoor in a dome. Going with the stock setup first just to see how it does. I'm not an expert on Hacker motors as I dont have any myself. But I'll probably be putting a B20 4.1 gear on mine later if it flys good enough to be worthy of the expence.

Ron