Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Havoc/PiccoZ's refuse to charge

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havoc/PiccoZ's refuse to charge

So I just got my Havoc and I like it a bunch, but last night a funny thing happened. The Tx charger doesn't charge it at all, my Micro Mosquito charger doesn't charge it at all, and a third, no-name charger from a different single-cell batt heli works, but it only charges it about half way. The heli batt is fine, and I even replaced it with a spare I had on hand. No dice. I know the chargers all work because they all work with my Micro Mosquito fine. I think it's a PCB issue or a charge socket problem based on the circumstances.

The strange part: My brother just got his own and the same thing happened, but no charger works with his.

Help?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Havoc/PiccoZ's refuse to charge

Take them back and they will replace them for you. There is no reason to take them apart as you can take them back and get new ones. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Havoc/PiccoZ's refuse to charge

Why shouldn't I take them apart? I love that stuff![>:] Anyway, I fixed the problem. I just slapped in a new connector and soldered it to the batt leads. Works great! And I replaced my fuse in the process but I didn't even scratch the paint on my brother's. If I'd taken them back I would have had to wait until a) I got my driver's license, or b) my parents found time to drive me, both of which are much more time-consuming than a 3-minute surgery