Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

air hogs f/a 18 hornet

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air hogs f/a 18 hornet

just seen this at walmart and picked it up. its 2 channel unlike the f-16. looks really nice for a air hogs plane. its officially licensed by boeing. havent flown it yet but tossing it across the room gives me the impression that its going to be a fast flying plane. im already thinking of modding it so that the props are on the vertical stabilizers like xlclee showed us with the transformers starscream. see if it has a similar effect on this plane as well. oh and it also comes with landing gear and it isnt quite as cheaply made as the gear on the rolling fury. ill have a flight report by tommorrow afternoon, chris

id have some pics but the air hogs website doesnt have it up yet. ill see if i can get a camera to snap some pics for you guys.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Default RE: air hogs f/a 18 hornet

Is it silverlit or true AirHogs? Very curious.

Tim
Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 AM

its silverlit, just sold through air hogs. its oficially licensed by boeing. im picking up a second one this week or next and going to try setting it up with a set of electronics from a rolling fury. either fury electronics or maybe do the "un-mod" xlclee showed us all awhile back with the star scream plane. see if that setup effects its flight in the same manner as the star scream. ill post my findings once i get the second one modded. oh and by the way cause im sure some of you are curious. this thing is pretty fast. be prepared for it to dive somewhat during hand launches. id say its easily faster than the fury. chris
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 PM

i like the way that sounds i would mod with fury for loops.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Does anyone know what should I use as replacement part for the motor?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Get some good rubber bands and hook them to the propeller these are this biggest wast of times buy a arf jet for $80 and make it fly like a champ not like something you could wipe your butt with dont spend the money I bought one what a waste.