Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Parkzone micro servo trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone micro servo trouble

I have a parkzone micro citabria and love it. The problem is I just stripped one of the push servos in the brick. Is there anyway to replace just the stripped servo or will I be forced to buy an entire brick replacement. Does anyone know if a blade mcx servo would fit on the board. Those are the only push servo's I see being sold individually.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Parkzone micro servo trouble

There have been a couple of guys that have used CAglue to repair it. They said they put a drop on it and run the servo up and down while it dries and this makes the glue form new threads.
Read this thread and find the post of the repair.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 AM

The servo for the MCX Heli is a drop in replacement for these and better quality. I have not had to do it but I understand you just undo the linkage push out the motor after you have unscrewed the tiny screws and then reverse the procedure. . The servo kit is about $10 a pop from PZ/Horizon...Some hobby shops carry them because of the failure rate

Good Luck
Bob
Old 05-30-2009, 04:35 PM

Thanks fellas. Both answers are great. I'll try to fix it first, then use the spare mcx servo that I have if CA doesn't work.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM

I had to replace my rudder servo really not too bad. As noted above the servo was about $10 at LHS, four very small phillips screws secure the servo to the board, easy to loose but the servo comes with 4 if you do. The wires on the replacement servo are kind of short as the attachment points are on the reverse side of the board from the servo per se, but I did not want to to try to solder direct to the board anyhow, too tiny for my iron skills. I just cut the wires off of the bad servo as close as possible and had plnty of length to make the connection. Put a small piece of shrink wrap on to cover the connetion and works fine. The toughest part was picking the silicon off the board that was used to mount it in the aircraft
Hope the repair works but if not the replace is pretty easy.