Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Schulze ESC with Proportional Break

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Schulze ESC with Proportional Break

Hey guys

Schulze has released a both the 32.55 and 32.80 controllers that now have the proportional break that I have been using since after the WC in France. Before now there was really no designation for these controllers, Schulze is now calling them 32.55KA and 32.80KA.

The pricing of these is identical to the previous 32.55K and 32.80K ESC's, both are available from www.icare-rc.com

They are great controllers, very simple to operate and very light. The break on them is also a big plus to help control the spool-up that is a problem with the electrics.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:18 PM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Schulze ESC with Proportional Break

I was just reading about this same topic on the other site. I guess Castle now has something that's similar and Hacker has brake programming options that may accomplish the same that I never noticed. Not sure how they all work, which is better, etc. Schulze looks to be more advanced and adjustable while hacker/castle just slow the prop slowly until it stops.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: rm

I was just reading about this same topic on the other site. I guess Castle now has something that's similar and Hacker has brake programming options that may accomplish the same that I never noticed. Not sure how they all work, which is better, etc. Schulze looks to be more advanced and adjustable while hacker/castle just slow the prop slowly until it stops.
The Schulze is fully variable, its a fixed setup in the controller and is tweaked through tuning of the low ATV of the transmitter. So on a 9Z for instance you can set a dial to manipulate the low part of the throttle curve, and say idle on the stick is too much break (lets assume its windy) then you can just dial up the low throttle dial and lessen the breaking power at idle.

It becomes very obvious while landing as you vary the throttle stick in the breaking range you can visually see the prop speeding up and slowing down.

Think of it like this, 0-5% of the throw on your throttle stick is the breaking range with 0% being full break and 5% being the least amount of break available without powering up the motor.....within that range you have full control of breaking power. Its very slick, but takes a few flights to adjust to it!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

By spring we may have all kinds of new toys to try out!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:53 PM

Also the current rating of the 32.55 had been increased in the F3A version from 55-73A to 62-80A.

The 32.80 has been bumped to 95-115A

Also there is a set of instructions on how to set the break correctly in your transmitter on Schulze's site

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.d.../gfutu_a-e.pdf
Old 11-24-2005, 11:51 AM

Thanks Chad,
looks like it's now the best time to send my ESC in and have it updated...

ORIGINAL: can773
The Schulze is fully variable, its a fixed setup in the controller and is tweaked through tuning of the low ATV of the transmitter. So on a 9Z for instance you can set a dial to manipulate the low part of the throttle curve, and say idle on the stick is too much break (lets assume its windy) then you can just dial up the low throttle dial and lessen the breaking power at idle.
Might be off-topic, but I would like to know if there's a way to do this with a FF-9 (T9UAP Super)... Anyone?

Regards
-Fabrizio