Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 corona vs. eolo >

corona vs. eolo

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

corona vs. eolo

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corona vs. eolo

I want to know if a corona or eolo can be upgraded to full aerobatics, how they handle in wind, durabilty, cost etc.

thanks

also, how much is a full Eolo kit i cant seem to find one anywhere that i can read.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:07 AM

Default RE: corona vs. eolo

The Corona is fixed pitch, so it will never do 3D. The Eolo is supposed to be very good out of the box, but will need to be upgraded for 3D. Go to http://www.rchover.com/ for the Eolo kit and tuning parts.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:12 AM

Hi Greg,

I've read you've got your Logo, how was it? Any videos? My schedule to purchase was delayed, just moved in to a new flat but I already got all the electronics/accesories .

later,
Old 10-19-2003, 08:27 AM

Oh by the way Adam, sorry if I just butt in like that...

Between Corona and Eolo... get the Eolo.. Check your LHS though for the support on parts (we'll that's if you don't want on-line ordering). Corona is tougher though.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:00 PM

no problem avance. I was thinking the eolo but about how much does USD does it cost to get it in the air?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:27 PM

On-line, the kit is like ~290 to 300. Hot B/L motor + Controller would be a couple hundred more.
If you're just starting then you would need electronic accesories i.e. chargers, spare batteries, etc... and the price would go a little higher.
Try spending more time with the sim first and review the threads posted here or in RR then you could probably decide which heli you really want.
Only a few people could comment on what heli really rocks, others would be biased based on the heli that they are currently flying or have flown.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:17 AM

Adam,

The Corona and Eolo are aimed at different markets so you can't really compare them. The Corona is built to be the perfect beginners e-heli (and it is!). It's as tough as old boots and a crash seldom costs more than $5 in spares. The Eolo on the other hand is a great entry level collective pitch e-heli. As such it can fly all the aeros and 3D you like but NOT on the stock brushed motor. You need to fit a brushless if you want it to really perform.

Just to muddy the water a bit, some of the guys who used to work at Litemachines (Corona) have left to set up a company providing upgrades for it (www.choppaheadz.com). If their promised collective pitch upgrade for the Corona materialises then another option would be to start with the Corona fixed pitch while learning and then fit the collective pitch upgrade later when you want to move to aeros/3D.

Cliff
(who owns a Corona and recently had a new Eolo kit delivered)