Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HoneyBee CP2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoneyBee CP2

is the esky honeybee cp2 a good starter helicopter? i will of course be using a similator. does anyone know if this helicopter has a offical website or manufactur. is this helicopter good for outdoor or some wind? thanks alot.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:57 AM

Default RE: HoneyBee CP2

I personally wouldn't recommend a CP heli to anyone that can't fly yet. Much better to start on a FP machine.
If you're interested in a CP2, have a look at the FP2 (in the link below - HeliFever). As it uses mostly the same parts as the CP2, when you're ready to upgrade to CP, you'll have lots of common spares.

[link]http://www.esky-sz.com/[/link]
[link]http://www.heli-fever.com[/link]
Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM

Old 06-14-2005, 02:38 AM

I recommend a CP to anyone starting out. Actually, a CP is easier to fly than an FP. An FP is very difficult to fly close to the ground in ground effect. Thats where most of us start out to get a feel for the sticks.

A CP is much easier to fly in ground affect.

Also, a FP can easily fly away in the wind. A CP is much easier to control in the wind.

A CP does cost a bit more, and is a bit more complicated to set up. But, its worth the effort and is worth the extra cash.

Just my thoughts. Not slamming anyone.

........Dennis
Old 06-14-2005, 09:58 AM

just recieved my esky honeybee cp2, love it for its stability and easy of flying it, need help though. After a few flights i knoticed that the collective is sluggish and even at full battery charge it is having problems lifting off. There was once it barely lift of and then all of a sudden the collective started to work and it shot to the roof. after disconnecting the motors and throttling up , the slosh blade moves according to the throttle position. but after motor connection and holding it at arms length and throttling up, the sluggish collective (slow/or no movement of the slosh blade) occured. I had to pump the throttle several times to get it to work properly again.

Has any one encountered this and what is wrong with the heli.

thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 03:01 PM

Hi,
I'm learning with my CP2, so, at the moment, I'm only practising on the floor trying to control it. But in one occasion, it suddenly took off and crashed. The only thing I did before the disaster was to move the throttle up 1 click but it jumped like a rocket. I thought it was my fault, but now I see I have to watch it when taking off. I think I'll take it to my school gym.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

slime sounds like your rotor head has some sticking in it, i havent seen the cp2 head compared to the regular honey bee 2 but if its about the same, when the swash plate moves up or down theres a sleeve on the rotor head that also slides up and down, and alot of times it gets hung up, people have used many methods of try to cure this from light sanding of the surface, to using grease to try to make it smooth.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:49 PM

thanks peadbo will try that. hope that is all that is wrong.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

with these helis they seem to stick alot when you go to give them collective ( throttle up) slowly, but it doesnt seem to stick when your reducing pitch and it will smoothly decrease no problem, So i guess the best thing to do if you cant correct the problem is maybe try increasing the throttle abruptly to get the heli in the air then quickly reduce pitch until it gets into a hover.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:12 PM

i just brought the new cp2. i am having problems with the battrey charger for the li poly. it flashes red and green. now is this normal? and it never goes to red (full charge) what does it mean? any suggestions?