Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Pitch Question on Blade >

Pitch Question on Blade

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Pitch Question on Blade

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch Question on Blade

I'm sure this has been asked before but i didnt find it anywhere so i will just ask. I got a Blade cp a couple weeks ago and have gotten fairly good at flying it. So I decided to get me some carben fiber blades and also the motor with a 9 tooth pinion. Once I did this it seem to have lost the ability to get off the ground. It will lift off when my batteries are fresh but once they start to lose their power i cant get it off the ground anymore. Me being more of nitro guy i'm not sure if its just cus I dont use lipo packs or If i need a brushless system. So any info on what i need to change or get would be great.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Pitch Question on Blade

question are you saying when your batteries are going dead you cant get off the ground well if so well than you need to go to lipos and you will see a big performace improvment iff you notice that when they say upgrade to 9 tooth pinon and baldes then they also say upgrade battery
Old 09-25-2005, 08:52 PM

Yes that is true the heli does seem to be underpowered once I have been flying for a couple minutes. Does anyone know if I put in a 8t pinion if that would help me out some or not. I guess i was just getting into elec helis for something to do this winter and I would rather not get into the lipos and a new charger.

Also what pinion size seems to work best with the wood blades and regular batteries such as run time vs. power
Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 AM

I put the CF blades on my stock Blade-CP and I lost quite a bit of flight time over the standard wood blades. The CF ones must weigh quite a bit more than the wood ones. I used the CF blades to learn on since they took a great deal of punishment (unlike the wood ones) and switched back to wood now that I have hover down. My flight times went way up with the wood blades. I picked up one off-brand 9.6v battery at my LHS and it would bearly get the blade off the ground with the CF blades and it works fine with the wood ones. I have two e-flight batteries and they work with the CF blades, but not well.

I think you need the 10T pinion to keep up your head speed when running with the 9.6v NiMh packs regardless of the blades. When you switch to the 12v lipo's you need the 8 or 9 tooth pinions to compensate for the higher RPMs on your motor (to get the same head speed). The 8 or 9 tooth pinions won't give you enough head speed with the stock batteries, stick with the stock pinion.

Steve
Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

let me tell you something if you are on stock motor and stock blades well with the stock battery you might be lucky to get 8 minutes of flight and as you charge the battery more and more the time limit goes down you need to take your batter and disharge it properly and then trickle charge it because nicad and nimh will get like a memory not really but it is like one hard to explain or just too long if you have any more question i recomend the adhancement kit and a good lipo battery 900 -1320 mah is perfect like more in the 15-20 minute flight times