Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now? >

Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now?

I bought a Shogun 400 v1 airframe.

I have a Hitec Prism 7 (7 channel radio with mixing), it is a PCM/PPM. I have set up the transmitter to have throttle/rudder on the left. I am not sure how to mix in the collective. This radio doesn't seem to have a way to mix in channel 6, anyone know how this may work? What reciever would you guys suggest. If I can't get this radio to work what would be a good radio to use?

Can anyone suggest a brushless system for the airframe? ESC and motor.

I have a Cirrus heading hold gyro and Cirrus ball bearing servos.

Hope I can get a little help on this project, I built lots of cars, this is my first chopper.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:30 PM

Default RE: Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now?

If you are planning on flying this thing I would only make one suggestion....get a trainer first. This is not a beginner heli. Unless you have some kind of built in talent like magic that will allow you to fly this without any other experience, I would recommend something like the
Blade CX to get started. It will get you familiar with stuff before you try the shogun. The CX is also TONS cheaper to fix and doesn't break as easily. You can rebuild the whole thing for less than $50 (all but the electronics and motors).

I would also recommend getting a cable to hook your transmitter to your computer and then download the FMS flight sim for RC. This will help a ton as well.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Shogun 400/Hitec Prisim Radio, what now?

I have a Blade CX and am working with it now. I use a Mac so simulators are not generally available. Perhaps I will take over my son's PC and get a simulator. Since I have posted the original info I have bought a Spektrum DX6. After studying the Hitec it is not a Helicopter capable radio, I will relegate it to a couple of Zagi's and maybe robot controls. I plan to build the Shogun and after getting pretty good with the CX I'll work into the Shogun a little at a time.

I have ordered a Park-370-4100 Inrunner Brushless Motor and a Phoenix 25 Controller.

Any additonal suggestions would be appreciated.