Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Blade CP Yaw problem :( >

Blade CP Yaw problem :(

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP Yaw problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Yaw problem :(

Hey I have a Blade CP and I have been flying in regular mode (where throttle goes from 0-100% and pitch from 0-15 degrees) When I gas on it the helicopter yaws counter-clockwise. When I let off suddenly it yaws clockwise. It's really annoying and just made me break a skid. Also I set up the heli by turning the gyro gain way down and then adjusting the tail rotor porportianal trimmer potentiometer on the 4 in 1 unit so the aircraft would stay straight when hovering. Then I adjusted the gyro gain on the 4 in 1 unit to a level I saw fit. Please explain to me what could be the problem. I'm sort of new so keep that in mind. This is probably my 10th or so flight.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Blade CP Yaw problem :(

you want to keep turning up the gain until the tail starts to wag uncontrollably, then turn the gain down just a hair so the tail stops wagging, your gain is probably set way to low and is allowing the tail to wander a bit more than it should when the torque from the motor changes.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 PM

ok. I assume I leave my other setting alone.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:51 AM

If when u give it a quick jolt of power the tail spins to the right, then this is normal. because the tail cant keep up with the rapidly increased speed of the main rotor blades. I hear the direct drive tail helps rid this problem a bit(mine is in the mail . But it is normal with the Blade Cp.

When I need to give it a quick jolt of power ( like to avoid hitting the ground or something) I just got used to hitting the left stick up and to the right. If u do it a few times, it will come naturally.

If when u give it rapid power and ur tail spins to the left, then u need to adjust ur porportional.