Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Eco 8 Tail Rotor Trouble! >

Eco 8 Tail Rotor Trouble!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Eco 8 Tail Rotor Trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eco 8 Tail Rotor Trouble!

I can't seem to keep the heli from spinning in the direction of the motor. It's like the tail rotor is not strong enough. I made sure that the T/R is spinning in the opposite direction from the main rotor (Counter Clockwise). I even bought a new pinion gear for the T/R belt, a 35T instead of the stock 40T. It's driving me crazy. You can tell that the T/R is slowing it down some but the heli still spins so bad it wont even lift off the ground. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eco 8 Tail Rotor Trouble!

For starters:

The tail should be spinning clockwise, not counter-clockwise. If your mains are spinning clockwise, so should your tail. Spin direction is controlled by the twist that you put on the belt when running it from the front gear to rear gear. Secondly, make sure your belt tension is not so loose that it will be slipping. If anything, it's better to be on the tenser rather than looser side. Being too tight will simply load the motor more, being too loose will cause tail stability problems as the belt slips over the teeth, not to mention wear out the belt much quicker. The tail should be tight enough that it takes a good deal of finger pressure to press the two sides of the belt together. Or as the manual states, you should only be able to push the belt in 3 - 5 mm.

Also make sure that your tail rotor blades are installed correctly, and make sure that your pitch slider and servo rod are all able to move freely.

What gyro and setup are you using? If you're using the mechanical mixer rather than a computer radio, that may be half your problem right there.