Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-) >

Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-)

ok, a week or so ago i posted a problem with my BH 500, and it kinda sorted itself out, it seems.

it basically all started after a crash which broke my mainshaft. at he time of replacing the mainshaft, i aso upgraded to a CF boom. the aluminum one had a minor blade strike in it that the previous owner put in it....

anyways, for the last 2 weeks the wind here has been rediculous, as normal for spring where i live. today i had the chance to fly this morning. i put 4-5 packs through the BH and notice that my cyclic isnt what it should be. its more sensitive going to the right (tail in), and any drift to the left almost takes full stick movement. its not drifting, but when i give it right cyclic, only minor inputs are needed to get it to do what i want, but left seems retarded as it seems. the swash is level, and putting it on the bench, the swash seems to have equal movement between left/right input.

why then would it be so non responsive to left input? i have all the ball links on the outer most positions on the head for maximum throw, and my blade tracking is good. (ive got -2 degrees at low stick)

everything seems normal for setup from what i know. its really bugging me. as it didnt seem like this before. it was snappy in all orientations.

anyone have any idea's?

TIA

Ginnz.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Default RE: Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-)

dumb question but are you running expo? and how,s your travel set?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Whats wrong with my Blackhawk 500 SE Pro Continued....-)

no expo.

and my travel's are all set to 100%, i didnt change anything since i first set it up. except the pitch servo, but thats all fine. oh, but i did change all mixing from 60% (for all 3) to 55%....

UPDATE:

i increased my travel on the aileron to 120%, and the swash mix back to 60% on all, it seems alot better.....

i wish i could get the settings others are using on their BH 500's with the spektrum system.

and off topic, has anyone ever added a longer tail boom to the BH500 with a longer belt, of course and tried longer blades? i was just wondering, with a longer boom and longer blades running 2200MaH 4s packs, what it would perform like...?