Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Kamdax MiG 15

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kamdax MiG 15

Hi all,

I have just purchased the Kamdax MiG and really need some help!! I got the glider version and now want to turn it into ducted fan.

I wish to go brushless (same size as 400 brushed) and would really really love help on how to go about building this (as the instructions that came with it do not include electric ducted fan conversion).

I would like to know:-
-how do the wings stay on!? (I know with the glider verison they use a plastic joiner but will this not get in the way of the motor housing? decrease inflow etc?)
-Where the li-pos should go (and best size (v/mah)
-if the gws 75 (6fin) will fit (and support brushless)
-any tips anyone has (i.e. should i cover the inside with zagi tape stuff to smooth it out!?)
Thank you for any help you can provide....I cant wait to start on this model but want to get it right first time!!

Old 05-27-2005, 03:45 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Kamdax MiG 15

If you go to either the Kamdax site or to Stuff We Like, I believe they offer a solution.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 AM

Please can you let me know how the wings stay on!?are they just glued to the fusalarge as the plastic connector will not fit if a fan is in place!? Can I use a standard gws fan unit 75? and where should the battery go!?

Thank you for your help!

Best, Philip Cameron
Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 AM

Hello Tigger,
Ok, the answers you were looking for...
1. The wings are glued into the fuse sides after you join the fuse halves. Make sure they are level and use epoxy or a strong glue. Route the aileron wires first!
2. Any 400 size fan will work but if you plan on going into a brushless set-up, go to http://www.aircraft-world.com/ and get a good fan. I used a Warp 4-3 turn and it really works well. I placed the motor and fan behind the wings in the fuse.
3. The battery should be up in the nose area. I will include some pictures. Make a battery hatch by using a plastic sheet, I used buterite but you could use anything, like a side from a plastic milk jug.
4. Yup, use packing tape or whatever and keep it smooth on the inside. I used the straight plastic sides from a pop bottle for my thrust tube.
I have included a couple of shots of a brushed version to get you started. Good luck! You will like this jet. My favorite balance point is right on the second bump from the back (under the wing on the fuse)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92853.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	282176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40706.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	282177