Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Are JET JOE TURBINES good engines? >

Are JET JOE TURBINES good engines?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Are JET JOE TURBINES good engines?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are JET JOE TURBINES good engines?

I'm planning on purchasing a new 30-pound-thrust turbine (for the experimental UAV) from Jet Joe in several months when they come out with it. I found out they were coming out with it when I talked to the U.S. Sales guy for JJ. It supposed to have a new and advanced cooling system, but I forgot all the details about it. I'm paying roughly $2,000 for it. Of couse, I'm getting a private discount or really good deal, right? I'm kind of questionable on this subject because I've heard a lot of controvercy about these turbines. There was one person who who was asking things like,"Who is Jet Joe?","What is he?", and other interesting questions like whether he was based out New York or not. Whatever the answer, he remains clearly anonymous to me. All I know is that their main factory is based out of China. Still, I don't see the point of some people's controvercy when they blame the turbines on the mysteries of the 'Joe' guy. I could care less "who" or "what" Jet Joe is, I just want to know whether I'm getting a quality engine or not. Any answers to this myth would be helpful.

Comments are welcome.

-Devin
Old 02-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are JET JOE TURBINES good engines?

Vegasjet,

This is the Electric forum, so you will most likely have a hard time getting good input here...you shouldtry the Turbine section if you haven't already.