Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars >

Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes A-10 Warthog for 95 dollars

ORIGINAL: ChicagoFun
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BANANA HOBBY!!!!
Sorry for your trouble, but your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. It is not even a boat section of RCU but Electric RC Jets (that means airplanes), and we are talking about A-10 here.[:@]
Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: canwhitewolf

I think you should call banana hobby again and talk to PETER directly not the lady
I concur! Pete will handle the situation personally!

By the way, anyone been flying A-10s lately? It's been quiet on here!

Best,
Tony
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 AM

Flew mine again on Wednesday. CG on my maiden was at 1 and 13/16". Made a conservative adjustment and put the CG at 1 and 15/16" for Wednesday's flight. It flew better enough that I attempted some loops and rolls this time. I still feel like the CG could move back a bit more.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM

I flew mine on Tuesday... flies very well Loops, rolls and Cuban 8's are no problem.

I did mess up the landing and touched down short of the runway in some brush. Tore off one landing gear leg and made a clean break on the horiz stabilizer. Easy to fix with a little epoxy and ready to fly again. However I will be careful to carry a little power into landing. This thing does drop rapidly with power off.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: aginzu

I flew mine on Tuesday... flies very well Loops, rolls and Cuban 8's are no problem.

I did mess up the landing and touched down short of the runway in some brush. Tore off one landing gear leg and made a clean break on the horiz stabilizer. Easy to fix with a little epoxy and ready to fly again. However I will be careful to carry a little power into landing. This thing does drop rapidly with power off.
Yes..you should carry power during the landing approach, especially as the fans spool down. The fans and engine nacelles act like speed breaks. Glad to learn that you'll be back in business!

Best,
Tony
Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: jab1026

Flew mine again on Wednesday. CG on my maiden was at 1 and 13/16''. Made a conservative adjustment and put the CG at 1 and 15/16'' for Wednesday's flight. It flew better enough that I attempted some loops and rolls this time. I still feel like the CG could move back a bit more.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********

when i worked it out mathematically roughly it came to about 1 and 5/8" to 1 and 3/4" back for LE at wing root,. nice to hear i was in the ball park

yours is probably more accurate as its inflight tested

thanks

Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Since is been quiet on this thread, I thought I'd post a few pics of the painting/detail work on the Gray Nitroplanes Brushless A-10 and the Silver BH Brushless A-10.

Best,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51742.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1295120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14539.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1295121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38595.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1295122  
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
My Feedback: (5)

I have been reading "war" stories about BH for many months on many threads.....So, I decided to check their record with the BBB. NOT supprised to find that they have earned an "F" rating!

Knowing that, if one is foolish enough to do business with them, it's just a roll of the dice on whether you will be pleased or pissed.

BTW, Pete of BH, seems to have good intentions and has solved some of the problems for some of the folks, but keep in mind he is NOT the owner of that Busioness. There is a lady owner that controls the $$$
Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: gary41

I have been reading ''war'' stories about BH for many months on many threads.....So, I decided to check their record with the BBB. NOT supprised to find that they have earned an ''F'' rating!

Knowing that, if one is foolish enough to do business with them, it's just a roll of the dice on whether you will be pleased or pissed.

BTW, Pete of BH, seems to have good intentions and has solved some of the problems for some of the folks, but keep in mind he is NOT the owner of that Busioness. There is a lady owner that controls the $$$
I'm not sure what this has to do with an A-10 thread but I own 8 jets from Banana Hobby (4 are A-10s) and have had and continue to have a great experience with Banana Hobby. The funny thing about BBB ratings is that anyone can post a rating including other competing businesses. I go by personal experience and not by BBB ratings.

Best,
Tony
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Well, personaly i don't think that is necessarily the case. I got mine crushed, I had to meet the UPS guy, do an inspection. BH wouldn't let me keep it for parts for the hassle, they say they have sent another one out. It's been about 3 weeks and I still don't have a plane. This is the stuff that gives them a bad name. The least they could have done is say "hey just keep the damaged one and we will send you a new one after the UPS inspection. So, not all the bad press is off the wall. I'm not sure I would order from them again and I live only acouple of hours away from their main warehouse in CA.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Well, to prove my point. They just contacted me and after 3 weeks have decided to send out my new plane. They wanted $100 for the crushed one if I wanted it!!! Unbelievable. I am sure UPS paid them for it. They should have offerend it to me for a good price just for my hassle. I'm done with bannana hobby. So there you go, just one more DISatisfied costumer and completely avoidable. they say an unhappy costumer tells an average of 8 people and a happy one tells 1. With all the forums out there this is not good for their business. Hope I can finally get the A-10 up in the air in the next week or so. just took me a month to get it done!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: luvmykids2

Well, to prove my point. They just contacted me and after 3 weeks have decided to send out my new plane. They wanted $100 for the crushed one if I wanted it!!! Unbelievable. I am sure UPS paid them for it. They should have offerend it to me for a good price just for my hassle. I'm done with bannana hobby. So there you go, just one more DISatisfied costumer and completely avoidable. they say an unhappy costumer tells an average of 8 people and a happy one tells 1. With all the forums out there this is not good for their business. Hope I can finally get the A-10 up in the air in the next week or so. just took me a month to get it done!
Sorry the learn of the issues! Did you send the damaged one back?

There are many who feel like you! I understand because I have been there five times in the past six months with four different companies. My feedback will not make you feel better but will hopefully give you an insight into maybe why what you have been through with BH is happening more & more with other companies. My comments apply to Banana Hobby, Hobby Lobby, Nitroplanes & Jet-Tech which I have purchased products with.

A big problem in the RC hobby industry is dishonest customers, out there scamming for free products. It is out of control! It so bad that Toys R Us and I believe Wal-Mart now will not exchange an RC item, period! Internet hobby companies don't know what to believe. In most cases, they ship an item in good condition and then days later, learn that the item is damaged or missing something. I've been one of those customers with legit problems. Now, the company will either have you return it, before shipping a new kit or wait for a confirmation from the shipping company or sometimes request emailed photos from the customer. They want evidence or proof of the issue! I know for a fact that companies keep records on reoccuring complaints from each customer. If someone has a history of product issues, they probably are not going to get the response they want or get a response at all.

Shipping damage is also a huge contributor to unhappy customers. I couldn't believe how many damaged products were sitting in the lobby during my three visits to BH. It's like UPS and FedEx are playing football or kickball with these boxes. One employee at BH was salvaging parts from a 70mm F-22 which was destoyed by UPS, just to resolve issues with other customers. The shipping issues are a BIG problem and some Hobby Companies are getting a bad rap for things that are out of their control. One of the reasons why I feel differently than other people about BH is the fact that I can drive down to get my items and avoid the shipping damage issues. Then you have a company like Jet-Tech, which got paid by UPS for my damaged F-4D-1 Skyray after I provided them with all the pictures and shipping documentation. I never was sent a replacement and they never responded to my emails. I ended up gluing/spackling the airframe and fabricating a damaged part. If Jet-Tech would have tried to make things right, I would considered doing business with them again but that's not going to happen!

I hope your replacement A-10 shows up. Please let us know when or if it arrives.

Good luck,
Tony
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM

I do understand that (I run a business) but if UPS is paying them for the damaged one that I sent back, why not give me a slamming deal on it and make me REAL happy. I would be on here singing their praises. I bet they don't pay more than $50 bucks for these direct from China. It was crushed man, and its taken them almost a month to get me a plane.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:20 AM

I feel ya! One reason, I think, is that hobby companies monitor the threads. When someone posts something like, a company let them keep the damaged item or cut them a deal, then amazingly the number of damaged or missing items increases. Especially, when the post sights the company that cut the deal. Now, does that affect the legit customers? Absolutely! Heck! It's so bad that my local hobby shop rarely takes an item back. You usually have to contact the manufacture. Sadly, the bad apples make things difficult for everyone!

I look forward to hearing about the replacement A-10!

Regards,
Tony
Old 10-17-2009, 08:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why should You get to keep the parts for free ????

60 of us will slam the delivered boxs on the floor and DEMAND to keep the parts !!

Does a auto insurance usually give you all the damaged parts for free ???

I would not give up any new parts damaged in shipment.............Ever.

Rich
Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 AM

BBB is NOT a free & unbiased company. It is a bussiness.

How many satisfied customers call & RAVE about a product or service.

are some eyes opening a little wider??
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM

As was stated before, this isn't the forum for singing the praises of these vendors, nor is it the forum for bashing them. We are discussing a specific model that most of us have bought from them, and our experience in actually getting them to fly. I'm glad to say that mine flies pretty much as is right from the box. I had to fabricate my own front landing gear because the stock gear didn't fit properly. Other than that I have built the plane as is, and it flies acceptably. That being said, I bought two, and I will be upgrading the motors and fans in the second one to get the performance up to a more exciting level.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Gualani ? planes get bashed regularly. I helped my friend with his PBY. Flew fantasticly off the water & in the air. He CAN NOT really fly anything. Did OK till the plane came back to him.[&o]

Rich
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM

Back to the A-10 thread....Has anyone flown the new Nitroplanes BRUSHLESS A-10 or the BH BRUSHLESS A-10? Here's a photo I took of a AF West Demo A-10 this morning at the Edwards AFB Airshow.

Best,
Tony

Name:	Ig12590.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1297079  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:30 PM

I purchased a mirtage plane from Banana guy and it had bad servos. They kept sending bad servos it some of the knuckle heads that work there that make it bad for us. I have also bought a arf f18 and it wasnt broke so I dont know why every one is bashing Banana guy. You will get some junk every once in a while and of course in the shipping part of it all they have to do is open the box and look I never seen any celophane that has to be taken off the box. What some of the the distributors should do is have a wharehouse on the east coast and save everyone on shipping. Hobby city is in China I believe but they have wharehouses in other countries to help us too.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Well, I finally applied the first coat of paint on my old silver Banana Hobby Brushless A-10. I went with the experimental "Flipper" scheme. Here's the before and after pics. One more coat on all three colors to darken and sharpen the camo patterns, then the decals.

Regards,
Tony

Name:	Us54525.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1300287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74613.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	1300288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89796.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	1300289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70935.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1300290  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Reload the images. The "Flipper" gray camo scheme A-10 will get a second coat this week!

Best,
Tony
Old 10-26-2009, 06:11 PM

I was going to upload some pics of my A10 finished with a gattling gun, weathered and scale cockpit...how do I upload pics???
Old 10-28-2009, 11:46 PM

when you click on reply look at bottom left and see...click here to upload files and pics... and upload from your computer
Old 10-29-2009, 12:39 AM

Cool, thanks! I was doing the fast reply and that option wasn't there. Here they are.

Name:	Sq46467.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1304093  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.