Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

GWS a-10=awesome

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS a-10=awesome

hi all
flew my a10 tonight. first 2 tries resulted in crashes. 1st was because model was not balanced. 2nd time as soon as i hand launched the model it was going good but my hand hit my air brake switch which i forgot to deactivate. this put my plane in a permanant roll to the right. hit the ground and broke the fuse in half and broke the nose off. glued them all back together. 3rd try, went very well. a light toss and the plane leveled out and started to go. i was impressed. i am only using a six cell pack that comes with the gws electric pack. i thought it flew very well. i had to use my regular receiver from a glow pwered plane because the crystals are on back order at the LHS. I am hooked on electric. the convienience is awesome. no fuel. fly anywhere and scale looks. best of all, ducted fans. i hope gws continues to make more scale jets.
i rate this plane a 10!!!
dave
Old 07-23-2003, 11:30 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default GWS a-10=awesome

How does it perform aerobatically?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:58 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

Get a rx crystal and take out that huge rx in there now. All the weight you can take off of it helps. They're cool planes, glad I got one. I'm very impressed with the GWS planes, just got 2 P-51's off eBay for $41 with no shipping.

The A-10 is not very aerobatic as it is a bit low on power. Flies nicely and looks good in the air.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:54 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

Do either of your 51s have the optional retracts?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:58 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

No, didn't even pay for them yet, literally just won the auction this morning. There are'nt many places I fly to rog so I belly land most of my planes.
Correction, $41 for each P-51.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:26 PM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

ooh, I was wondering about that price

Here's an idea I was thinking of trying...
Making a big fold-up mat out of foam to land/take off on. Just have to be good enough to hit it. That's what I'm worried about heh.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:50 PM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

I usually fly utill I hit the lvc but may land sooner since I have my ST charger coming. Not always able to land where you want to but you'll be able to rog from it al least.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:35 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

After the ESC's cut off the motor, you can drop the throttle stick, wait a couple seconds, and advance ti again to get things moving.

Even after the cutoff, you sould have enough to get back to where you started (and save yourself a walk).
Old 07-25-2003, 01:31 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

Yeah, in most cases it would work but with the wind here, it's hard to get it back upwind without power, even in short bursts.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:08 AM

Default GWS a-10=awesome

EEEEEEEK! Don't say the w-word!

I spent 2 weeks in CA recently and have really improved my wind-flying skills. With my bigger models that is... This small things.. like little parachutes.