Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
 Hobbico has a new line of TX ready planes and the AnyLink Module >

Hobbico has a new line of TX ready planes and the AnyLink Module

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Hobbico has a new line of TX ready planes and the AnyLink Module

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hobbico has a new line of TX ready planes and the AnyLink Module

<hr size="1" style="background-color: #d1d1e1; color: #d1d1e1" /><! icon and titl><!essag><div id="post_message_853856"><!EGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_star><!ND TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_star><font face="Arial"><font size="2">Seems Hobbico has introduced a new line of RTF, receiver ready and Transmitter Ready (TX-R) Planes. </font></font><font face="Arial">This is something like Horizon Hobby's BnF line of planes, but you don't need to have a Spektrum Radio or module. </font>

<font face="Arial"><font size="2">Hobbico introduces TX-R and AnyLink.</font></font>
<font color="#0066cc">http://www.tx-ready.com/how-it-works.html</font>

<font face="Arial"><font size="2">Compatibility chart</font></font>
<font color="#0066cc">http://www.tx-ready.com/anylink-chart.html</font>

<font size="2">The really interesting thing is that they have this new AnyLink module that will work with a wide variety of transmitters.</font>

<font face="Verdana">You can get them RTF with an included radio OR you can use the AnyLink module and fly the TX-R versions. There are receiver ready versions too. </font><font face="Verdana">Tower already lists 12 TX-R micro and Parkflyer size planes. </font>

<font face="Verdana">The AnyLink module works with a very wide variety of transmitters. And they sell compatible receivers for $30 so you can use the AnyLink system for other planes as well. Pretty cool.

<font size="2" face="Arial">The Module Costs about $25 but you can get it Free!</font>
<font color="#0066cc" face="Arial">http://www.tx-ready.com/promos/free-anylink.html</font>The

<font color="#ff0000">AND they are giving the AnyLink transmitter module away</font> <font color="#ff0000">FREE from now till April when you buy a TX-R plane. Cool</font>!!!!!
</font>

<font face="Verdana">If your transmitter is on the compatibility list then you are good to go.Doesn't matter if it is on 72 MHz, 35 MHz, 50 MHz, or 2.4 GHz. The module turns off your RF stage in the radio and it does the transmitting on 2.4 GHz.

</font>
<font face="Verdana">Limitations?

Looks like a max of 6 channels but that works for most planes. Reliability and range are yet to be proven, so I would not put these receivers in anything large or expensive. But for the RTF and TX-R planes this should work well.

So farthe offeringseems to be targeted at the small to medium sized electric airplane market. </font>

<font face="Verdana">They have a cute little 3 channel micro biplane that I just may have to get. </font></div>
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico has a new line of TX ready planes and the AnyLink Module

I would not call it "ANY" link. it does not list Airtronics. So that leaves me out. Yet it may work with the 9x I have?

Buzz.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Hummm, no airtronics?  Quite right!   I missed that. 

Send them a note. Maybe that is coming.   [8D]
Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to try it out on the (turnigy) 9x if that's what you meant. I have lots of tactic RX planes and have been looking for a TX thast works with tactic RX for a while now. This fits the bill perfectly for me.

I do have a question for many of you who have been into hobby (planes) for a few years now.

What would be a unwanted cheap TX with trainer port and multiple model memory that I should look for used? This is the TX that is perfect for me and the any-link. Even if it is an older FM or 72 mhz it would work fine with me. Futaba is preferred.

One thing that isn't addressed , but I am 99% sure will work is that the anylink will work with all the existing Tactic RX already sold? I hope so.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM

That Turnagy 9X is so cheap, why would you want something else?  Just get a second 9X if you want a second transmitter.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM

That's why I'm going to try it out on the 9x first. It is the cheapest way to get radios in my models. I can do them for around $16.54 each (this figures a TX with 8 models and 8 RX from HobbyKing)

However I already have a batch of Tactic RX planes , maybe 10 of them , so I need a TX with at least 5-10 model memory.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 AM

another one soon.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXBUCB&P=K
Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 PM

I will be interlested to see the wing span.  The Anylink has a 1000 foot range.  I would not use it for anything over 60 inches in a glider.