Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
 Homelite 45cc (What is your static RPM)? >

Homelite 45cc (What is your static RPM)?

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Homelite 45cc (What is your static RPM)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelite 45cc (What is your static RPM)?

Hello Engine Conversion Fans,

Would you please post you’re your static rpm / propeller combinations here. I have recently converted a Homelite 45 CC chainsaw. Using the stock muffler with the spark arrestor screen and cover removed from the stock muffler I get 7000 rpm with a Dynathrust 20x8 prop. This reading was taken at 510 ft above sea level at 80 degrees F.

I have also installed the Jag muffler for the Ryobi 31 engine onto the Homelite 45cc engine. Using the Dynathrust 20x8 the RPM level dropped to 6840 rpm. I also tried running it without a muffler and it produced 6880 rpm with same prop.

I would be interested in knowing what others have found for their propeller, muffler combination on the Homelite 45cc engine.

This engine was removed for a newly overhauled chainsaw that I purchased from Harbor Freight. I ran 3 thanks of fuel through the engine as a chain saw and about ½ gallon of fuel since the conversion. I have set the high needle so that it runs about 50 RPM rich. It idles very slowly and is extremely easy to start. I use the factory pull robe wrapped around the flywheel for easy of starting.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:10 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Homelite 45cc (What is your static RPM)?

I'm pulling about 7400rpm with a Zinger 20x8 using a muffler from Wacker Engines.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:52 PM
My Feedback: (4)

6300 static with a apc 20x10
Old 08-01-2004, 08:03 PM

I just bought a Homelite Timberman 45cc chain saw and discovered that the carb. is now "soft" mounted on the case. This is different from the first engine I bought where the carb is hard mounted to the engine. Has anyone converted this "new" 45cc Homelite? Can you provide details?
tks
Armand
Old 08-01-2004, 10:15 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The soft mounted carb engine is all red as a chain saw whereas the older hard mounted carb version was red and black. Do a search and I have posted pictures in a couple places. The new engine has a automatic choke too.

The soft mount Homelite is easier to make a carb adaptor for because the boss on the cylinder is round instead of oval like on the Poulan saw.

Enjoy,

Jim