Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
 Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc >

Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc

I started to convert a Mitsubishi 50 cc tree-dusting backpack engine to install on my 1/3 size Bucker Jungmeister.
In the first place, I made the necessary modifications (cutting down the front end on a milling machine, making
a prop adapter etc.) and ran the engine on a test stand with a 22 x 6-10 wooden prop. The performance was more
than satisfactory, it turned 7800 rpm. The only problem was with the carb. It was designed to work upright only
and you had to run 3 lines to the tank. I decided to replace it with a suitable Walbro. Now, which Walbro can I use?
The original carb is an old motorcycle type with a horizontal passage of 16 mm diameter and an up-down sliding
cylindrical barrel for throttle. Help will be appreciated.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:14 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc

A Walbro WT76A will be a perfect match, it's used on most 3.2 engines...
What did the engine weigh after conversion ?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 AM

Default RE: Carburettor application to Mitsubishi 50cc

Thanks for the response. I checked Zenoahs and found that 48 and 62 use Walbro HDA48. I have bought a WT131 but the throttlr arm seems to be a difficult task.

The engine is not finished yet. The prop adapter is steel. I will design and make a lighter one from aluminum (hard). I ran it with the original carb and silencer. Whwn all is done, it should weigh approx 2 Kg. How is that for weight? Also, it ran on the test bench on its own magneto ignition with a heavy magnet flywheel. I think something can be done there about weight reduction, such as electronic ignition.