Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

How do you make a spring starter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you make a spring starter?

I hear some guys talking about putting a spring starter on ther conversions. I would like to see some pics of these. I am interested in this to put on my engines.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:37 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: How do you make a spring starter?

spring starters are only workable for engines that have a shaft sticking out of the rear of the crankcase like a chainsaw engine or certain weedeater type engines with rear pull start. B & B will get you a spring starter setup for your engine for not too much http://www.bennettbuilt.com/page4.htm if the tail shaft of the engine isn't the right size you can turn it down in a lathe or have it turned down by someone with a lathe... other than that, all you have to do is find somewhere on the rear of the engine to support the spring and make sure you put the bearing on in the right direction, it's not a very complicated setup...
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 PM

Thanks I wasn't sure where you guys was getting these from. I have a lathe. I will order one from these guys.[8D]
Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 PM
My Feedback: (13)

I haven't actually tried it yet, but it's fairly simple and I just ran across that a couple weeks ago, sounded like a good idea