Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

but the parts on the CP2 are easily upgraded to from an HB2 for $50 or less. And the voltage indicator is just for the TX so the only benefit is if you prefer a LCD instead of several LED's. This is still upgradeable for about $40.

so if you can find an HB2 for $90+ less than the CP2 you can upgrade w/o paying the CP2 cost. pluss sell you original stock parts and save even more.

CP2 probably doesn't handle as well in wind either... it weight 20g less, granted less work on the motor though, since it is the same motor stock.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:01 PM

Hi, I've read that they have changed the center of gravity in the CP2 in order to improve estability when hovering. Do you have this kind of problem in HB2?
By the way, I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer (www.esky-sz.com) to ask for prices. They sell the new CP2 for ¡USD 122$! with li-po battery and complete radio and servos system. The problem was that the shipping to Spain is 89$ and the payment method is a transfer to bank in Hong Kong. Pity. Now I know the margin of benefits for these people that sell this heli for 200$[:@]
Old 04-18-2005, 01:13 PM

they still make money because they sell in bulk and pay less for buying in bulk. The center of gravity change is achieved by buying the new frame and puting hb2 electronics in it. also with new rotor, main gear, etc.all the upgrades to the CP2 over the HB2 were not electrical except for the TX, which desipite the LCD wasn't a major upgrade since all this does is replace the LED battery monitor it had before.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:53 PM

Has anyone actually flown a Honeybee CP2 yet? Just curious to hear how it flys compared to the original.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:30 AM
My Feedback: (3)

humveecrusher,
I use a 11.1v 1200 Mah Lipo.

What's the voltage of the stock Hb2 motor?

I read about the cp2 and it says it has the 370 motor. There are a bunch of honey bees:
http://www.electric-scooters-motoriz...opterparts.htm

They sell the sim transmitter at this website if you go to cp2 parts. Has anyone tried that? I don't see much difference in the cp2 and the hb2 except the 370 motor, main gear, and paddle control frame.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:45 AM

Thanks casipak. Is that a 2S or 3S?

I got mine yesterday from the same guy in IN. It came with out a battery but the price was right. He was very nice on the phone and shipped it out super fast. I have some 8.4v nickel-metals that I'm going to try. Also, I think that the link that you gave is his web sight. Again, thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:52 AM

i think my hb2 came with a 370 motor so that isn't even different for mine.

yeah they both have the 370. but the other 2 parts are different... frame and canopy too.

same 4-in-1, battery, etc.

has anyone actually found the CP2 parts specifically? all i can find is the HB2 parts labelled under CP2... granted most are teh same but the ones that are different aren't listed as different. they have the same codes/part numbers as the older parts.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: humveecrusher

Thanks casipak. Is that a 2S or 3S?

I got mine yesterday from the same guy in IN. It came with out a battery but the price was right. He was very nice on the phone and shipped it out super fast. I have some 8.4v nickel-metals that I'm going to try. Also, I think that the link that you gave is his web sight. Again, thanks.

I got mine from them too... Solaa on eBay, price was nice at only $140 + s&h, but mine came with 2 batts, 1 standard NiMH, and a 11.1 V 3S 1000 mAh lipo. When you start it check if your main shaft is bent... at low speed looking at the center screw on top it will rotate not in the center, but around a point on one of its sides if its bent.
I ordered a 2200 mAh lipo from somewhere else but it hasn't come in yet.

I was actually looking at the dual motor tail mod for the HB... it says it helps stop motor burnout, think I may do this after i get a better main to help lift... looking at moding to the 400 from GWS before going brushless later, only like $9US but it has A LOT more power than the stock motor according to the data sheets I've seen... not ready to drop $100 in motor/ esc mods in a $140 heli... might do it later though... probably gonna get a better TX before i do that though.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: jlb0305

I got mine from them too... Solaa on eBay, price was nice at only $140 + s&h, but mine came with 2 batts, 1 standard NiMH, and a 11.1 V 3S 1000 mAh lipo. When you start it check if your main shaft is bent... at low speed looking at the center screw on top it will rotate not in the center, but around a point on one of its sides if its bent.
I ordered a 2200 mAh lipo from somewhere else but it hasn't come in yet.

I was actually looking at the dual motor tail mod for the HB... it says it helps stop motor burnout, think I may do this after i get a better main to help lift... looking at moding to the 400 from GWS before going brushless later, only like $9US but it has A LOT more power than the stock motor according to the data sheets I've seen... not ready to drop $100 in motor/ esc mods in a $140 heli... might do it later though... probably gonna get a better TX before i do that though.

What did you do about the bent shaft? Did he replace it for you? I just got it last night and haven't had a chance to try it yet. Also, have you tried the NiMH?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:20 AM

never actually told them, still flys with the shaft and it's not a big deal. I assume

just replace it when you buy other parts, and at the moment i don't need to so i'm not going to replace it yet. Probably will when i get a new motor though, and maybe if i can get the parts to upgrade the HB2 to a CP2... especially since the main gear was one of the upgrades.

I assume he'd replace it but you'll have to pay S&H but you can get the part for less than that so its not worth it.

Actually for the time being mostly all I use is the NiMH. doesn't give it too much lift but good for indoor flight. Trying not to use the Lipo too much until my LiPo Monitor comes in... well it came in yesterday but I have to add the battery wires to it before i can use it. The NiMH give it about 5 foot on full charge... good for some stuff... takes full throttle to get it that high though with the NiMH and weak stock motor. Seems to do better with the Lipo though
Old 04-19-2005, 08:35 AM

Hi, in the 'others' section of the manufacturer's web page you can find a list of components that these two helis share/don´t share. Remember that they call the CP1: EK1H-E007 and the CP2: EK1H-E005. It's a bit messy, but maybe you can contrast both helis there. Notice that now all models of Honey Bee share the same canopy. Also there's some more information about the TX and heli in the 'manual' section. Warning: it's the slowest web in the world[].

Old 04-19-2005, 08:38 AM

Sorry, I forgot the link:

http://www.esky-sz.com/english/
Old 04-19-2005, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: jlb0305

never actually told them, still flys with the shaft and it's not a big deal. I assume

just replace it when you buy other parts, and at the moment i don't need to so i'm not going to replace it yet. Probably will when i get a new motor though, and maybe if i can get the parts to upgrade the HB2 to a CP2... especially since the main gear was one of the upgrades.

I assume he'd replace it but you'll have to pay S&H but you can get the part for less than that so its not worth it.

Actually for the time being mostly all I use is the NiMH. doesn't give it too much lift but good for indoor flight. Trying not to use the Lipo too much until my LiPo Monitor comes in... well it came in yesterday but I have to add the battery wires to it before i can use it. The NiMH give it about 5 foot on full charge... good for some stuff... takes full throttle to get it that high though with the NiMH and weak stock motor. Seems to do better with the Lipo though
Thanks jlb0305!

Has anyone tried the blades from the Kyosho Caliber M24? I know that they are not 3d blades but they are made of very durable plastic. I have a couple of pairs and I might try them.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: fermoral

Hi, in the 'others' section of the manufacturer's web page you can find a list of components that these two helis share/don´t share. Remember that they call the CP1: EK1H-E007 and the CP2: EK1H-E005. It's a bit messy, but maybe you can contrast both helis there. Notice that now all models of Honey Bee share the same canopy.[].

and the HB2 is 5005 (i think)... but that isn't on there at all even though they are the same parts as CP2 except for a few. as for the canopy... there was different part numbers, ie different canopies... labelled cabin on page 3 of other parts.

I don't even see an HB2 though... only HB, CP1, and CP2 and esky parts.com has the HB2 and CP2 as the same model number (EK1H-E005) so whats the deal?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:25 AM

I think HB2 and CP1 are the same. Maybe there's a mistake in eskyparts.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:53 AM

The CoG update on CP2 from HB2 is pointless since it doesn't take into accout the battery yet unless the CoG was lowered which increase stability or raised which increase manuvering. You still have to seat the battery to get the correct CoG, so it really isn't an improvement here.

If you upgrade to 400 with stock 4-in-1 board, you may be in for a disappointment. I have found on my stock 4-in-1 the ESC has a preset max limit. This can be observed very easily if you have your own radio. What this means is once the ESC is at the limit, it won't provide any more power so even if you had a 400 motor, you won't be running the motor at it's max capacity.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:23 AM

jlb0305, I've got the dual tail motor upgrade on one of my HB2s. Works pretty cool. Plenty of power and I haven't fried any tail motors.

However, I think it's designed for the Hummingbird. The hole to mount it to the boom it 3/16". The boom is 5mm which is a hair larger. So you either need to get a 5mm bit and bore out the hole or do what I did, make a new boom. I got pieces of 3/16" and 5/32" aluminum tube from the LHS. Glued the 5/32" inside of the 3/16" with some CA and bolted it to the frame with an allen head screw and a lock nut.

I actually like this setup. I've broken three HB2 frames all in the same spot from boom strikes on the CF boom. The CF is so strong that the frame takes all of the force and eventually breaks where it mounts to the boom. With the aluminum boom the boom bends from the force and I bend it back. If it gets to bent I make a new one for $.90.

Of course, if I would quit causing boom strikes I guess this wouldn't be an issue! ;-)
Old 04-19-2005, 11:41 AM

Also, since there has been a lot of discussion of HB2 CP blades, I'll share what I've been running. If you go to Century's website (centuryheli.com) on the home page they have the Hummingbird CP Fully Symmeterical blades on sale for $9.95. I bought a couple sets a few weeks ago while I was ordering some other parts. I liked them so much that I bought five more sets! With those blades my Honeybee 2 CP was a new heli. It went from fighting to keep the thing stable to being able to do a few seconds of "hands off" hovering. Of course, your milage may vary... ;-)

Rich
Old 04-19-2005, 12:21 PM

I should also mention that with the dual tail motor setup I quit using the Esky tail motors and switched to the "short" GWS dragonfly tail motors. They are 3g lighter than the Esky tail motor so it helped keep the tail wieght down.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 PM

humveecrusher,
My lipo is a 3 cell. I wanna get some carbon fiber blades and hopefully rarely have to replace them because they are so durable.

jlb0305,
So what's the stock motor of the HB2 ? a 370? You said you want to replace the stock motor with a 400. Will that fit?
I really want to get a better motor too so if you get a new motor or if you have any luck with the 400, please let me know. For the tail motor, I might get the one from heli-fever with the orange rotors.
Also, if you ever upgrade the parts to a cp2, please let me know about that too. I think the main gear is a bit stronger on the cp2.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:33 AM

stock on mine is a 370. Was thinking about changing to a 400 (only a few mm bigger, still probably have to mod it to fit) but someone said i'll need a new ESC to get any difference out of the motor. I'm not sure about that but I have heard that some of the limits on the motor are actually part of the TX. Apparently people have gotten better performance/speed with a TX other than the stock, Although I may just use a 350 GWS motor because looking at the spec sheets it is more powerful than the stock 370, and its the same size. I figure if I need to get a new ESC I'm just going to wait a bit because at some point i had planned on going brushless anyway.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:52 AM

hi there i have a 6ch 3d honeybee and when i try to hovr all it wants to do is fly to the other end of the paddock i think i have set everything up right but it seems to make no difference can any one help thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 06:00 AM

ORIGINAL: casipak

humveecrusher,
My lipo is a 3 cell. I wanna get some carbon fiber blades and hopefully rarely have to replace them because they are so durable.

Thanks casipak. Now I know what I need to get.

I tried mine last night to just to make sure the electronics initiated ok and it did. I was using a 7.4V 800 li-po that I had and it couldn't even get it off of the ground...lol.

Is this heli able to fly in normal mode with out switching to 3d?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 AM

humveecrusher,
Go to www.heli-fever.com and click on batteries. They have a nice 3 cell 1200 Mah battery for around $23. That should work out nicely.
Yes, you can fly this heli in normal mode. It will seem just like a 4 channel fixed pitch. Once you switch to 3d some of the controls reverse and you can do all the aerobatics but I wouldn't suggest flipping the switch without knowing anything about it. I did that once and the blades started spinning at full throttle. Luckily I was holding the heli down so nothing bad happened.

honeybee11,
give us a little more info on what's happening.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:56 AM

it can fly w/o 3d... mine does... i don't usually hit 3-D...

used my 3S 11.1V LiPo last night... got to about 10FT, but i didn't want to risk any higher because I bent the tail motor shaft and gear trying to mod the tail with a fin. ended up making a fin from cardboard and electical tape because I couldn't get it off. now I have to wait on a new tail motor before I can fly again. would have just bought one at radio shack, but i needed the gear too and some other parts. and no one has the tail motor w/ gear and main shaft in stock. ***?

with the NiMH it can only get about 3-5 Ft depending on charge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.