Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

don't know about the heat shrink but the JST 's can be found at balsapr.com. I think they take paypal. Ships out of New Jersey in the US. Just look under the connectors section or search for JST. I bought a couple the other day. $1.50US each.if you buy 10 their only $1.35US each.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:27 AM
My Feedback: (3)

I bought bass wood which seems light but heavier than balsa. It's sturdier but it would take forever to sand it down to the right shape. After that I bought the balsa and tried it. As I said before, The heli flies but the up and down movement really annoys me.

I have never tracked blades before and the manual for the heli stinks. This is really stupid but which linkages do I need to mess with to track the blades? Sorry but I just never had to do this.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:23 PM

Hey guys! Just a heads up the Esky Honeybee CP2 (new version of HB2) is available now in eBay. I was wondering what's new to the new version. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:43 PM

not much is new... the most expensive parts of the heli are still the same... basically buy the CP1/HB2 which is cheaper now and just buy the few new parts.swashplater, rotar, body, etc... it'll run you about $40-50 from what I figure. Only other new thing is the TX and all that looks new about it is that it has a LCD display for its battery life instead of the color coding.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:14 PM

To adjust blade tracking, you need just to adjust the length of the pitch control link. It's right on the rotor head.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:54 PM

Thanks. When I came home today. I took a closer look at the head and figured out that that link needs to be adjusted. I put red marker on one of the blades and did the test. The colored blade stays level but the uncolored blade pitches up. Do I decrease the length of the uncolored blade's control link or increase?

Thanks! I already fixed it. Now the heli flies perfect.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:14 PM

On the Honeybee CP2 it also looks like its got a new frame from the pictures. More like the Hummingbird Elite frame. Also there is a new main gear which looks stronger than the current gear. Again more like the HB Elite. Other than that it looks like there is a new rotor head design. Could be cool since these are all of the parts I always seem to break.

Also, has anyone noticed that E-Flight is starting to sell the HB2? They call it the Blade CP. From all of the pictures it sure looks like a Honeybee 2 CP to me. Check it out, http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=EFLH1100.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:12 PM

jlb0305:
even the same size 350 version from GWS is more than twice as powerful
Where can I get this motor? I've found that the stock motor doesn't have enough power for aerobatics. I have to get pretty decent forward speed before I can take it inverted. I tried a stationary flip (bad idea) and did a figure 9 straight into the ground. Only broke the main blades though, man this thing is durable
Old 04-15-2005, 08:45 PM

Has anyone tried to get the HB2 tx to work with with FMS or any other sim? I heard that the cable that comes with the HB2 in some auctions doesn't function properly.

ptarp,
I just found this site. It seems to have quite a lot of motors.
http://www.allerc.com/index.php?cPat...5dfc8390a8760a
Old 04-15-2005, 11:32 PM

casipak, I tried everything I read in the forums to get the Esky 6ch TX to work with FMS. I finally gave up and bought a used copy of real flight G2 from ebay. From what I've read some of the TXs work with the SIM, some don't. Check out the 'Diagram for making an Esky sim cable?' thread. That has a bunch of info on the subject.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:11 AM

I will. One more thing. I made some more blades and I put them on. Then I took them off and put the old ones on. The tracking got screwed up again and now one blade goes up and the other down. None of them is in the middle. I just decided to work with one of them and increased the length of the pitch control link. It helps but the blades still aren't one circle. When I increased the length on the same link it became worse. When I decreased it, it became worse. The other is the same. Any suggestions?

Does a tx come with the reflex xtr or does it come just with real flight?
Old 04-16-2005, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jlb0305

don't know about the heat shrink but the JST 's can be found at balsapr.com. I think they take paypal. Ships out of New Jersey in the US. ....
That's the problem. They don't ship outside US [] [] [].

Guys,

If anyone knows a place I can buy heat shrink for batteries and JST connectors, pay through "PayPal" and ship to Athens Greece, is kindly requested to post an answer here...

Thanks,
Michael
Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: ptarp

jlb0305:
even the same size 350 version from GWS is more than twice as powerful
Where can I get this motor? I've found that the stock motor doesn't have enough power for aerobatics.
balsapr.com had the motor I was looking at. It has a spec sheet with the motors.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:17 PM

heli-hobby.com has the JST $.63 each US. ships out of HK so must ship to greece. think i saw the heat shrink there too... not sure though
Old 04-17-2005, 01:35 PM

jlb0305

Thanks for the advive. I tried the "www.heli-hobby.com" and the "www.helihobby.com" but I can't spot them. Neither the jst nor the heat shrink. Can you please post a link?

Thanks again,
Michael
Old 04-17-2005, 02:47 PM

sure can...

sorry it was heli-fever.com I was on helihobby's site when i post. their site isn't heli-hobby.com any way its something weird then it comes up as heli-hobby

anyway heres the link to heli-fever that has them for .63 cents US

[link=http://www.heli-fever.com/index.php?cPath=4_25]Click here[/link]

scroll down a bit, the JST's are with the HB2 OEM parts

also here's just the JST plugs if you want them

[link=http://www.heli-fever.com/index.php?cPath=5_24]Plugs[/link]

I guess I was wrong about seeing the heat shrink there because i can't find it.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:04 AM

Actually helihobby does sell JST (BEC) connectors. I just bought some from them to fix one of my li-po's. But it's almost impossibe to find them on their site. They sell four packs of male (part #MX4500) or female (#MX4522) connectors for $6. They're nice because it's just the connector. Most places sell the connector already attached to a lead wire. Just search by the part number and you should find it. Also there was shrink wrap on the same page.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:46 AM

rbiasi, jlb0305,

Thank you both for the help.

The link guided me right through.

Unfortunatelly I didn't find the "part #MX4500) or female (#MX4522)"[][]. Maybe I am searching the wrong way. Needless to say I didn't find the shrink wrap either. Could you please rbiasi post a link?.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 04-18-2005, 02:24 AM

Hi to eveyone,

I'm a newbie in this forum but I've been following this Honey Bee subject since the first post. I must apologize for my English (I'm from Seville, Spain). I've spent six months studying forums to decide which heli to buy, and when I finally decided to purchase the HB CP they start to sell the new CP2, so I think I'll spend one more month reading your opinions about the old and the new one.

I've read in the last posts that you need heat-shrink tubes. Here in Spain we have an internet shop that sells them, I'm not sure if they sell abroad. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.rcmaterial.com/FrameEN.htm
Old 04-18-2005, 02:42 AM

Thanks fermoral, I'll check it out. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Michael
Old 04-18-2005, 10:24 AM

I look at that as well. My new blades work great but they are even more fragile than the stock ones.

Does anyone know the diameter of a gws 370 motor?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:45 AM

dunno about the 370 but heres a bunch of other GWS motors

[link=http://www.balsapr.com/instructions/Motor/MotorSpecs.asp]Clicky Clicky[/link]
Old 04-18-2005, 11:48 AM

What batteries are everyone using? Thanks guys!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:59 AM

Michael, here's a link to the helihobby page with the JST (BEC) connectors and shrink wrap tubing, http://www.helihobby.com/html/WIRES7.html. Also to navigate to it go to Miscellanious->Wires, Connectors, and Accessories->page 7.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:23 PM

The CP2 is of course a lot better than HB2. They have made a lot of changes to the rotor and the movement is precise. The TX of CP2 has a voltage indicator as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.