Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In >

Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In

The Prattville, AL Fountain City Flyers announce a Big Bird Fly In to be held 27-28 September at the N.B. Reynolds Field. Fly In limited to 80"+ Monoplanes, 60"+ Biplanes, Jets 140"+ (WS+Length) and True 25%+ Aircraft. 600X60 Grass Runway. Registration Only - $10.00, Registration plus BBQ Dinner Saturday Night - $20.00, BBQ Dinner only - $10.00. Registration Opens at 7:30AM, Pilots Meeting 9:00AM, Open Flying After 5:00PM.

Door Prizes for Registred Pilots and Open Raffle.

Demonstration Flights by: Joey Hamiliton (Team JR - 3D), Dan Baker (Team Carden - IMAC Unlimited) and Jamie Strong (Sr. Pattern Expert).

Trophies: Aircraft Must Fly to Win (Pilots Choice) 1st-3rd Gas Powered, 1st-3rd Glow Powered. (CD Choice) Best of Show.

AMA Sanction: 3-0515, CD - Bob Ernsbarger (174420)

Need Info: Call Bob Ernsbarger (334-361-0669)(Email: [email protected]) or Gene Sedgwick (334-303-0277)(Email: [email protected]).

If you would like an Event Flyer and Map send an email to Bob or Gene.

Sponsered by: JR, Hangar 9, Carden Aircraft, Desert Aircraft, I4C, TnT Landing Gear, Power Flight, DSP Builders, Cutting Edge Graphics, Jersey Modelers and Ken's Model Shop.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:06 AM

Default Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In

ACCOMMODATIONS

HOLIDAY INN PRATTVILLE, AL. JUST OFF EXIT # 179 ON INTERSTATE 65
DOUBLE ROOM $62.00 A NIGHT
MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 13 FOR BIG BIRD EVENT & OCTOBER 4 FOR THE EXTREME AEROBATIC CLUB EVENT.
ROOMS FOR BOTH EVENTS HELD IN THE NAME OF BIG BIRD EVENT.
TELEPHONE # 334-285-3420

JAMESON INN PRATTVILLE, AL. INTERSTATE 65 EXIT # 179 TURN WEST, MOTEL ON THE LEFT APPROX. 1.5 MILES
DOUBLE ROOM $61.00 A NIGHT
MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 16 FOR THE BIG BIRD EVENT & OCTOBER 11TH FOR THE EXTREME AEROBATIC CLUB EVENT.
ROOMS HELD IN THE NAME OF BIG BIRD EVENT & EXTREME AEROBATIC CLUB
TELEPHONE # 334-363-6463
Old 09-08-2003, 04:58 PM

Default RE: Fountain City Flyers Big Bird Fly In

Just to let you know Mike Sauls, Wes Batson and myself will be attending the Prattville Giant Scale fly in.
thanks
Blaine Austin
Old 09-10-2003, 09:35 PM

Hey Blaine, I was just told that Joe Coker was planning on coming to the Big Bird Fly In. Should be a lot of fun.

For those of you who want to see some of the best flyers in the area - Prattville will be the place. September 13th and 20th are the last dates to get reserved rooms at our discount rate. Reserve your room now.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:46 PM

Just checked the weather forecast for the weekend and it's going to be GREAT!!! If your in the area we would enjoy the opportunity to show you a real enjoyable Fly-In.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:56 PM

Should be a great event....from the people that have indicated that they will be there, it should be a large event as well.....looking forward to it!!! Joey Hamilton
Old 09-25-2003, 08:18 AM

Hey Bob,
Will the awards and demonstrations just be sat only or will sunday be a full day as well? My pop and and I are coming from georgia sat night and come join yall on sunday. (I'm vic wendts grandson if you remember me, it's been a while since I've seen ya)
Old 09-25-2003, 09:11 PM

Hey Andy, how ya been? If your asking if the judging and trophy award will be held on Saturday or Sunday it'll happen on Sunday. We have planned a full day of flying on Sunday and the weather will be great. We'll do the judging earlier in the day on Sunday that way the guys that have a long drive home won't miss the awards.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:55 AM

Thanks for the info Bob! I'm doing good-this will be the first time in over a year I could get to Alabama to go fly with Granpop so I'm looking forward to it (is it still the inhouse rule to land and take cover when he takes off? HA HA) See ya Sunday!