Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

fan fold foam

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fan fold foam

Does anyone know where to get fanfold foam in central florida. I think ive called just about every lowes and home depot around.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:00 PM

Default RE: fan fold foam

Do not call...go. the people that work there can not tell their horizontal stabilizer from a hole in the ground. You might find it if you look in the insulation section yourself.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:11 PM

thank you but the only problem with that is im 50 miles from the nearest lowes and 25 from the nearest home depot. and I know what you mean every time i call there quick to say duh whats that then no we dont have that. thanks though
Old 02-20-2004, 06:42 PM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son bought the fan fold styro which amounted to 20 sheets for $35+ at Lowes. . It was or is used to insulate foundations. You might ask Lowes for basement or foundation insulation material and see what response you get.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:09 PM
My Feedback: (5)

according to your location (groveland), you're about 30min from lowes in leesburg on 441 and 15 min from home depot in clermont...that is of course you don't have your correct location listed.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:19 PM

This came from lowes web page. Show em the picture maybe they will know. In my local store its found near the lumber shelves.

Home Depot sells a similiar product only its pink. Choose your poison.
He is right clerks do not recognize terms like fan fold while sometimes they recognize Bluecore.Mostly they will say to you "yes we have it (even if they don't so you may waste a trip"
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=fram...s/exterior.htm

I will try to load a larger image if not goto the web page.
I do not understand why some people are being charged extra for ordering. I have never been charged for ordering anything in the catalog from either Lowes or Home Depot as long as its delivered to their store.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36920.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	103474  
Old 02-21-2004, 09:29 PM

reallyuglystick do you think I havent already tryed the two nearest home depot and lowes that are close to me. neather one of them have it. I did manage to locate some in sanford if you could see how far that is for me LOL. just kidding. and yes I do live in groveland. thanks for your help though.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:12 AM

Try going to Lowes near you and order some. Show them the picture so they know what you want. Tell themn the Sanford store has it. I got some wood flooring here in Tallahassee (Quincy) and they had to have it shipped from the Jacksonvilkle store. No extra charges. Took 4 days.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:35 PM

I will try that thanks for your help