Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Grr...Astro 020 Twitching

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grr...Astro 020 Twitching

I went out and flew my zagi with astro 020 today, and toward the end of my flight, my motor quit. I figured it was just BEC, so i brought it in. I put in another battery and then fired up the engine. All I got was some twitching. This happened earlier, like 2 days after i bought the thing, and it turned out that one of my three wires was broken. I got rid of their little connector, and put on my own splices for the 3 motor wires. This time I get twitching, and my ESC gets really warm also. I dont notice any of the wires broken this time. Could this be that i blew my ESC? Has anyone taken an astro 020 apart? I'd like to go in there and put some decent input wires to the motor either way.
Thank you.

-Dan
Old 04-06-2004, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Grr...Astro 020 Twitching

I'll bet it is the ESC.
Is it he one that came from Astro or is it a real Phoenix 25 from Castle. Castle makes the Astro controler but it is not a full fledged Phoenix 25.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:25 PM

I think it's the astro version. I got the astro kit from your store. You should know better than I
Old 04-06-2004, 09:34 PM

Must be the Castle then.
I can look it up but need your last name as I don't know the cinntax handle. I have not stocked the stock Astro controlers for a while but am happy to help you with it if it is acting up.

Are you using the stock battery? 400X or XS?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:39 PM

Cliff-
It's almost like we're chatting!
Anyway, my last name is Cinnamon.
I bought it around early December 2003.
I'm using the Stock 400X pack.

I was suspecting wires because when I was having the same problem earlier, it was a wire that broke off from that connector that comes on the motor. When i removed the connector, I could move the insulation around on the three wires. It kinda makes me feel like astro didnt put very quality wires on their motor. I was hoping to replace the wires with some really good wire i have.

-Dan
Old 04-06-2004, 09:48 PM

Found you in my system Dan:-)

Yes it could be shorting out on the motor housing or just inside, I have seen one do that before. You can send it directly to Bob at Astro (or to me and I will send it to them for you) and they will replace the wires and do a general checkout of the whole motor. I have never seen a repair over $25 and sometimes it even comes back with a new controller if it is bad ;-)

13311 Beach Ave.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM

Sounds good. I will have to do that for sure. Thank you!